Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC SMS Gateway

• 30-03-2012 6:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭

...I thunk I just read it wrong, where, on the UPC home telephone package details is reads "Freetime World provides free off-peak local and national fixed landline calls and 400 off-peak international minutes per month to fixed landline numbers (excludes calls to mobile, premium rate, SMS and non geographic numbers) in selected international destinations..."...

...I assumed SMS was not included "free" as part of the package, but was supported.

Does anyone here know why UPC don't supply an SMS service, or if they plan to in the near future?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

No plans for it AFAIK,
    It basically down to them having no billing agreements with any other providers for handeling texts.

Advertisement