Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liffey Valley Gift Card

Options
  • 30-03-2012 6:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭

Got a Liffey Valley gift card that expires tomorrow so I got to spend it!

Just wondering if anybody knows if any of the retail park stores accept them. Am mainly thinking about PC World and Argos?

Really hard to try and contact them by phone

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Is this the pre-pay credit card one? You should note that all though the expiry may be tomorrow, your credit may already be gone. After 6 months (or perhaps 12) of no activity, the operators start to take a monthly fee from the credit on the card. If you're at expiry now, it's possibly (if not likely) that you've been paying this fee for several months, and depending on how much was originally one it, there will be much less or none left by now.

They can be used online, but I'm not sure if they'll work in stores outside of the center that they are intended for. Or rather, the shops may simply refuse to accept them, even if technically they would work.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,964 ✭✭✭✭anewme

What people are not aware of is the Liffey Valley Gift Card that looks like a credit card is in fact a Mastercard that can be accepted anywhere that takes mastercard. I think the Dundrum ones and possibly others are similar. They dont highlight this fact as the idea is to get you to spend in Liffey Valley

We got one at Christmas and I bought something in the kildare outlet. They said no we cant take that and I said you can, swipe it through as you would a mastercard and it went through fine.

Advertisement