Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Defining this generation

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Tales from the Aul Pair should be treated like tales from the Bible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,012 ✭✭✭uch

I'd say the Dopey generation, just ask Google

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭darlett

humberklog wrote: »
    The Like/Unlike generation.

The Thanks/Leave Blanks generation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭James T Kirk

Generation World War III, soon.

Very soon, LOL. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

I'm sure its the usual 'Generation that needs a good kick up the arse'. I'd like to hope its the generation that wont wage a world war, or bring humanity to its knees in some other way. it seems, unfortunately, to be a popular consensus that most prefer destructive activity to no activity

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I'm 20, am I one of the "generation" you're talking about? :p

Mine was called "The Pokemon Kids" for a bit (being that Pokemon was super-popular when I was aged 8-10, ask almost any 18-22 year old and they'll tell you about it), then we were the Bebo Generation... Now I think we might be the Facebook Generation. Who knows?

I'm just sorry I missed punk...

punk is sh1t though.

this generation, I dunno, the internet generation I guess, I was a teenager in the 90s so had that whole Gen-X thing, then was in my 20s by the 2000s rolled around, now....bland sh1t is the music and remakes and unecessary sequels the movies. tv is awesome though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

D-Generation X

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

INTERNET GENERATION.

Justin Bieber, Mark Zuckerburg etc. are the poster boys

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

I'm 20, am I one of the "generation" you're talking about? :p

Mine was called "The Pokemon Kids" for a bit (being that Pokemon was super-popular when I was aged 8-10, ask almost any 18-22 year old and they'll tell you about it), then we were the Bebo Generation... Now I think we might be the Facebook Generation. Who knows?

I'm just sorry I missed punk...

You just have to know where to look ;) There are quite a few rock-bars and clubs around Dublin that do rather well. And emo isn't anywhere near as popular as it was around 2005. They morphed into scene kids (which was essentially the same thing but louder and in multi-colour - oh how I hated them...) and half of them are hipsters now. I'm not a huge fan of labels though, people (especially teenagers) start feeling like they have to fit the description to a T...

I've no doubt there are interesting trends passing under my old-fogey nose. :) I just wonder if any of them will come to define our era. Maybe there's just too many of them.

I can't believe I forgot about the hipsters! I think people might look back at this period as the Age of the Hipster. They're funny ones though: I think in a way there's always been hipsters around, in that there's always people with a superior attitude about the art they enjoy, or claim to enjoy.
    I'm sure at the dawn of the 17th century there were people scoffing at Shakespeare fans who got into his stuff after Hamlet, whereas they'd liked him before he was cool and had been at the first performance of Henry VI.
    The only difference now is that that attitude has been combined with a recognisable dress code.
    And stupid, stupid moustaches.

I guess it's hard to define a generation while it still exists. We're going to need the space-historians of 2099 to have some critical distance and label us.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭flanum

x factor generation!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Scanlas The 2nd

When does one one generation end and begin?

Is there a new generation every day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭AngryBollix

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭St.Spodo

The ''having everything except taste generation''.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭Roadtrippin

Celtic Tiger generation.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭paddyandy

We are so lost we don't even know it .....we don't even have the right questions .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Napper Hawkins

The "dressing like early 90's Saved By The Bell nerds is fashionable now" generation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

Hahah define the look?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭boobar

Ice Age, Bronze Age, Iron Age....................now, Dole Age.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

iGeneration.

The concept of a culture of movement is mostly dead...because movement is the norm now. Nothing stays static and change is pretty much demanded. Instant access to every kind of art, music and culture from all over the world. It's a mishmash.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭saa

elefant wrote: »
    The post-modern uniformity generation.

Hello we're post post modern now, or maybe its post post post modern, you pomo ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭HandsomeDivil

Generation xoxo?

The Generation that approved of the Blurring of differences ."it's all the same really"...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

Facebook Generation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭James T Kirk

Generation Hex

(Get it? Computers? Hexadecimal? Computer generation? I'll get me coat. :()

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭mickrock

Generation Diddy ****.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Generation of quotes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

I like this generation. A lot more confident and open minded than the last. Maybe a bit too spoiled though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 charlie haughey

generation of cudnt give a f**K....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Scanlas The 2nd

pragmatic1 wrote: »
    I like this generation. A lot more confident and open minded than the last. Maybe a bit too spoiled though.

What was the last generation?

The bebo generation, the Nokia generation

Obsessed with guitar riffs and sport and everything superfluous ........

• Advertisement
Advertisement