Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What does iPhone back up?

• 30-03-2012 8:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭

I just restored a new iPhone from a backup of my old phone on iTunes. However, I don't find any of my personal data now on the phone. All my apps are installed, sure, but none of my photos, contact, or any personal data associated with the apps. Which, to me, entirely misses the point of a backup. Is this what an iPHone "backup" actually is, or did the restore not happen correct?

P.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

In itunes you choose what to backup/sync. Check your settings there.
    iCloud is better imo in that it backs up everything automatically.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

biko wrote: »

Do you know where I do this? I've hunted through Preferences and can't see where I specify what I want to back up (I would have presumed the default was "everything" anyway)

My backups were huge, so I'm baffled that it wasn't backing up everything.

P.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,680 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

All those things should have been backed up. Something went wrong with the restore.

biko wrote: »

Just tried resetting the phone entirely and restoring from iCloud rather than iTunes. Seems successfully (so far), fingers crossed. Will remember that in future.

P.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,680 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

So is all your data back?

• Advertisement

So is all your data back?

Everything but my app data - the only thing I'm annoyed about there is game save data!

P.

Advertisement