Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion? 2!!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭Doctor Strange

Library is no great shakes for signal either

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

If I was in charge the library would have no signal whatsoever.

YEAH WHA NO YEAH IM IN DE LIBERRY NAH ILL GO OUTSIDE HANG ON THERE A MINUTE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Haven't been in the library in a couple of years but jesus coming up to exam times the amount of gob****es in there was ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭spartacus815

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Boeing777

The second year timetable is the very same as last years (second year timetable) :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Haven't been in the library in a couple of years but jesus coming up to exam times the amount of gob****es in there was ridiculous.

I make it my prerogative to stay AS FAR away from any study place in or around the university coming up to exams. My room at home or the library back home is the only place you'll see me around exam times! I find it far too distracting in the library in college, and no matter what, you'll always meet/see/start chatting to someone you know (it's Maynooth in fairness, everyone knows everyone) and then you get the dagger stares from the stressed final years and postgrads. So yeah, away from the college I go!

Think I only have 3 this year at Christmas actually, because I only do 4 modules in 1st Semester and 1 is 100% C.A. I had 6 both semesters this year so that'll be a nice change, but there all 3 hours long.

# Talking about exams during Summer holidays, must... refrain..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Oscars Well.

Computer labs are the place to be coming up to exam time :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭upinthesky

I have no idea how to read the timetable i take it frst year biology only needs to look at BI101 am i right? And then labs.

lisar816 wrote: »
    I have no idea how to read the timetable i take it frst year biology only needs to look at BI101 am i right? And then labs.

Yes, only look at BI101. Don't mind BI103 unless you do Biological & Biomedical Sciences. I think you have a lecture on Monday at 2, Tuesday at 4 and Wednesday at 9.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Planemo

That timetable is handy enough (except for the field trip to Bull island!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

The whole people answering the phone in the library always wrecks my head. I'm the kind of person that glares...

As for the housing, residence.nuim.ie have a full housing list which they update online regularly, so head there and have a look. There should still be plenty of housing available.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

The amount of people that think the area beside the stairs in the library is soundproof and therefore they carry on a conversation or a phone call at full volume is unbelievable. How to be silent in the library, how to use a toilet without making a mess of it, and of course how to find Lower Loftus are the only things that should be covered during Orientation Week.

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Paczini

Kiwi_knock wrote: »
    how to find Lower Loftus
    Luckily banquo made a video showing where it is :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭aaabbbb

Just found out I don't have Detta next year for Integral calculus, overjoyed until the realization that her replacement could quite possibly actually be just as bad as her or worse ie the devil reincarnate, when it comes to marking and pedantry. Pray for me !! :pac:

aaabbbb wrote: »
    Just found out I don't have Detta next year for Integral calculus, overjoyed until the realization that her replacement could quite possibly actually be just as bad as her or worse ie the devil reincarnate, when it comes to marking and pedantry. Pray for me !! :pac:

Who do you have?

Paczini wrote: »
    Luckily banquo made a video showing where it is :)

Not the best video banquo's been in though :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭aaabbbb

Who do you have?

This dude :http://www.maths.nuim.ie/sbechtluftsachs
    Not the best video banquo's been in though :pac:

Course nothing could trump this beauty : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjKbFlnx548

Never fails to amuse !:P

This dude :http://www.maths.nuim.ie/sbechtluftsachs

Course nothing could trump this beauty : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjKbFlnx548

Never fails to amuse !:P

Yeah, saw the PM after I posted :pac:

If you listen closely, you can hear Rob's howls of anger at the video popping up again :D

What amazed me about Detta was how nice she was if you turned up at her office. She was literally a completely different person. It was a bit strange. Maybe she just put on a persona in the lectures because she was unrecognisable on a one-to-one basis. Out of interest, how did you find out you wont have her?

Boeing777 wrote: »
    What amazed me about Detta was how nice she was if you turned up at her office. She was literally a completely different person. It was a bit strange. Maybe she just put on a persona in the lectures because she was unrecognisable on a one-to-one basis.

She is probably one of the most helpful lecturers on campus if you approach her out of the lecture hall. I was running myself into the ground in Semester 2 of first year with Integral Calculus. Went to her office as a last ditch effort and she cleared up pretty much everything I was confused about.

• Advertisement

Planemo wrote: »
    That timetable is handy enough (except for the field trip to Bull island!)

That trip is actually pretty good though. It helps you make a lot of sense of the ecology module.

She is probably one of the most helpful lecturers on campus if you approach her out of the lecture hall. I was running myself into the ground in Semester 2 of first year with Integral Calculus. Went to her office as a last ditch effort and she cleared up pretty much everything I was confused about.

Yeah absolutely, she helped me so much. I was terrified to approach her because of how she was in lectures but I was delighted I did in the end because she was so helpful.

Lads, how busy do you think it's going to be this year around the college with the ones from Froebel starting? It seemed so busy already, can't imagine it getting much fuller to be fair!

Lads, how busy do you think it's going to be this year around the college with the ones from Froebel starting? It seemed so busy already, can't imagine it getting much fuller to be fair!

Don't remind me. I can hardly find a quiet spot to be by myself as it it. However many students it is coming in is going to make it 10x worse.

Don't remind me. I can hardly find a quiet spot to be by myself as it it. However many students it is coming in is going to make it 10x worse.

God I wonder how many from Froebel will be starting? Surely 400 at least?

*Some news on the timetable front*

This ugly image has appeared once again so they've taken down last years timetable from the website, given that fact could we have our timetables tomorrow?

I JUST DON'T KNOW

Hzzt8Gg.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Planemo

Well, seeing as nobody in this country does anything on a Sunday, it'll probably be at least Monday before it's up.

Planemo wrote: »
    Well, seeing as nobody in this country does anything on a Sunday, it'll probably be at least Monday before it's up.

For the life of me I thought it was Sunday. I need college bad...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

During the Euros, two lads rang me because they had booked their plane tickets with their @nuim.ie email address.

Naturally enough, the morning they were leaving (a Saturday) NUIM's webmail went down.

Two of the soundest football fans that work within the Computer Centre drove hundreds of miles between them back to Maynooth from their weekend because "football was at stake."

So you'd be surprised!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭upinthesky

Need to buy stuff for college soon, what would you need for lectures is there much writing to be done or is it mostly hand outs? Was thinking of getting a A4 notebook and a pocket folder for each subject anything else needed?

I will be doing biology chemistry maths and maths physics

Old timetable still comng up for me.

Advertisement