Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion? 2!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭SeanyboyQPR

Single in Rye, but haven't come across any other first years :(

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Boeing777

Paczini wrote: »
    Next week meaning 26August-1 September? Since when that's mid-August?

That's exactly what I said to myself when I read their tweet. Someone asked when are the timetables due out and they replied with "timetables are due to be released next week".

Mid-August :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 21 AshlingM38

deise_girl wrote: »
    Yea that was basically my plan and Im hoping others follow suit!
    Where are you travelling from? :)

I'm just outside Carlow so I'm only about an hour or so away! I'm sure a lot of people will be doing the same as us, seems the most reasonable. You? :)

Hmm I haven't heard of any either but I'm sure you'll have at least one other first year with you!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

In in the village!
    AshlingM38 wrote: »
    I'm just outside Carlow so I'm only about an hour or so away! I'm sure a lot of people will be doing the same as us, seems the most reasonable. You? :)

Ahh cool youre not too far out then! Im coming from the Waterford coastline so Im still deciding what is the best way of travelling to and from!

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭SeanyboyQPR

Hmm I haven't heard of any either but I'm sure you'll have at least one other first year with you!

What are you both studying?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Paczini

Boeing777 wrote: »
    That's exactly what I said to myself when I read their tweet. Someone asked when are the timetables due out and they replied with "timetables are due to be released next week".

Mid-August :rolleyes:

nuim.ie/timetable
    Advisory: Below is the *2012/2013* Timetable.Students should check their timetable daily. We anticipate that the 2013/2014 will be available in mid August.

hahahaha

deise_girl wrote: »
    Ahh cool youre not too far out then! Im coming from the Waterford coastline so Im still deciding what is the best way of travelling to and from!

Yeah possibly the bus if you're going with public transport. I feel like the Waterford train line doesn't serve Maynooth but I may be wrong. At least you're not coming from the West/North, that would be awful!
    What are you both studying?

Arts, probably English, Psychology and Philosophy (bright future for me...), you?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Boeing777 wrote: »
    Timetables should be released next week according to GoMaynooth on twitter.

(You were right, PictureFrame :pac:)

#as per

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

I just moved some posts from the accom thread in here just to keep that one as on-topic as possible.

I DEMAND GIFS

funny-gifs-dumbo-and-darth.gif

moar

a_560x0.jpg

annie.gif

tumblr_mf51qjWxLw1ra8b8oo1_500.gif

I should really just set up a tumblr and be done with it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭andrew369

Arts, probably English, Psychology and Philosophy (bright future for me...), you?

Errr mahh gerd another philosophy person. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭Doctor Strange

cm-25503-05073b97f26b6b.gif

tumblr_m5y78vm1Al1rqfhi2o1_500.gif

d00.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

amazing-spider-man-2-andrew-garfield-gif-2013.gif

spiderman-got-new-powers.gif

tumblr_lqtgg41N6s1qhciij.gif

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

spiderman-got-new-powers.gif

Next time I'm in Tesco in Maynooth this will be done!
    (Wickla doesn't have those fancy escalator yokes)

andrew369 wrote: »
    Errr mahh gerd another philosophy person. :D

err mah gerd we are united! I know a couple of other people thinking about doing it too, we are not alone!

Next time I'm in Tesco in Maynooth this will be done!
    (Wickla doesn't have those fancy escalator yokes)

It is Wickla, what do you expect? :P

err mah gerd we are united! I know a couple of other people thinking about doing it too, we are not alone!

Philosophy in NUIM is great! I didn't do it myself, but I used to go to my friends lectures twice a week and by god was it class :D

Philosophy in NUIM is great! I didn't do it myself, but I used to go to my friends lectures twice a week and by god was it class :D

Yay! I was thinking of doing Irish but tbh I don't think I have time for that and this was my back up plan if I changed my mind, happy to hear it's good!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

tumblr_moyk113Dk21swiwhvo1_500.gif

Woo I have not heard of anyone else wanting to do it before now :) you doing it through Arts or PPE?

LOL sounds awesome :D do you know if they needed to buy many books? I have loads of free philosophy essays and books on my Kindle since the majority is over the 100 year copyright and am hoping that will cover it.

tumblr_m76txb5h671rtq215o3_500.gif

Yay! I was thinking of doing Irish but tbh I don't think I have time for that and this was my back up plan if I changed my mind, happy to hear it's good!

I'd highly recommend it anyway for an interesting and refreshing change of subejct :)

LOL sounds awesome :D do you know if they needed to buy many books? I have loads of free philosophy essays and books on my Kindle since the majority is over the 100 year copyright and am hoping that will cover it.

Hey I don't think it's necessary to buy any books, now you could if you wanted to do further reading, but afaik everything you need is in the library! There is a handbook that has all the info you need that I think you buy at the start of the year from the department, I think it's a fiver, but i'm sure they'll fill you in on all of that once you get started :)

Woo I have not heard of anyone else wanting to do it before now :) you doing it through Arts or PPE?

I'm sure we will eventually come across more of our kind! Through Arts, I couldn't dedicate myself enough to do anything on its own, you?

Hey I don't think it's necessary to buy any books, now you could if you wanted to do further reading, but afaik everything you need is in the library! There is a handbook that has all the info you need that I think you buy at the start of the year from the department, I think it's a fiver, but i'm sure they'll fill you in on all of that once you get started :)

Sounds brilliant :) I was hearing from a friend who wants to do law how expensive those books are so good to hear it isn't the same for all subjects.
    I'm sure we will eventually come across more of our kind! Through Arts, I couldn't dedicate myself enough to do anything on its own, you?

Arts too, PPE never appealed to me at all. The politics and economics part is a combination of waffle and maths I'd rather not have to do anymore with the LC over lol.

Arts too, PPE never appealed to me at all. The politics and economics part is a combination of waffle and maths I'd rather not have to do anymore with the LC over lol.

What other Arts subjects are you thinking about? Same tbh, maths needs to get away from me and never return, had enough of that to last a lifetime lol.

What other Arts subjects are you thinking about? Same tbh, maths needs to get away from me and never return, had enough of that to last a lifetime lol.

At the moment I am going for Philosophy, English and then probably Music since it includes piano lessons and that is something I want to get better at, but I might change my mind the first few weeks if another subject seems interesting. How about you? :)

At the moment I am going for Philosophy, English and then probably Music since it includes piano lessons and that is something I want to get better at, but I might change my mind the first few weeks if another subject seems interesting. How about you? :)

Philosophy, English and Psychology (almost twins)! I'd like to do something like Music but basically I have no talent so I doubt that would really work out for me sadly enough! Did you get campus?

• Advertisement

Philosophy, English and Psychology (almost twins)! I'd like to do something like Music but basically I have no talent so I doubt that would really work out for me sadly enough! Did you get campus?

LOL I think at Arts level Music is open to everyone regardless of past skill but it would probably be a bit too much if you have never done theory or played an instrument. Psychology would be so cool but I heard it is pretty hard and rather have the spare brain power for English and Philosophy :P

Nah I wish I could have my own place but I am only 20 minutes from Maynooth in a Dublin suburb so I have no excuse really, will have to commute :( , yourself?

Advertisement