Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion? 2!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 AshlingM38

andrew369 wrote: »
    LOL I think at Arts level Music is open to everyone regardless of past skill but it would probably be a bit too much if you have never done theory or played an instrument. Psychology would be so cool but I heard it is pretty hard and rather have the spare brain power for English and Philosophy :P

Nah I wish I could have my own place but I am only 20 minutes from Maynooth in a Dublin suburb so I have no excuse really, will have to commute :( , yourself?

But I feel like I would be so bad that I think they would be like lol no you're not continuing with this course. I mean, I failed Music in first year of secondary school, it's not the course for me lol. I heard it's hard too but I'm hoping I can just stay interested enough to not want to die because of my subjects and if it all goes wrong I suppose I can always swap one.

Ah I see, I see. I'm less than an hour away from Maynooth and the bus stops outside my estate but I got offered campus and I couldn't really turn that down. Can't wait to survive on air and vodka that could very easily just be acid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭andrew369

AshlingM38 wrote: »
    Ah I see, I see. I'm less than an hour away from Maynooth and the bus stops outside my estate but I got offered campus and I couldn't really turn that down. Can't wait to survive on air and vodka that could very easily just be acid.

The bus is a minute from my house so is great for getting to Maynooth, but it leaves campus around 6pm I think which is pretty early. I am going to have to claim a lot of couches to sleep on. :P lol

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭SeanyboyQPR

The bus is a minute from my house so is great for getting to Maynooth, but it leaves campus around 6pm I think which is pretty early. I am going to have to claim a lot of couches to sleep on. :P lol

That is early! Do they not allow for naggin time? No consideration!

Look once we meet in real life and see we're both not murders you are welcome to my couch, the rare breed of Philosophy students must stick together!

That is early! Do they not allow for naggin time? No consideration!
    LOL tell me about it, although I have an uncle who lives near by and can crash with friends so hopefully won't be too bad on the social life. But if I was to leave every day at 6 I would have pretty much nothing outside lecture hours. :/
    Look once we meet in real life and see we're both not murders you are welcome to my couch, the rare breed of Philosophy students must stick together!

Lmao that would be great :) as long as you can handle me stinking of pipe smoke. :P

• Advertisement

LOL tell me about it, although I have an uncle who lives near by and can crash with friends so hopefully won't be too bad on the social life. But if I was to leave every day at 6 I would have pretty much nothing outside lecture hours. :/

Lmao that would be great :) as long as you can handle me stinking of pipe smoke. :P

I've one lecture a day or just over -_- so I can be found somewhere between Rye and the SU bar I'd imagine!:L

As for the pipe smoke Andrew, I smoke away anyway so the more the merrier ;)

I'm sure I'll survive it lol, Hotel Couch shall open early September.

I've one lecture a day or just over -_- so I can be found somewhere between Rye and the SU bar I'd imagine!:L

As for the pipe smoke Andrew, I smoke away anyway so the more the merrier ;)
    I'm sure I'll survive it lol, Hotel Couch shall open early September.

LOL that is some of the college worries sorted then :) Sean how are you only doing one lecture a day? 0_o

LOL that is some of the college worries sorted then :) Sean how are you only doing one lecture a day? 0_o

It's all progress man :) well I'm doing law and the max per day is three :/

It's all progress man :) well I'm doing law and the max per day is three :/

Damn and you don't get to take a second subject even?

• Advertisement

Don't think so :/ to be honest I really hope there's a possibility if doing electives:/ or I might do evening German classes :/

I would love to do an elective if they do that in NUIM, I'm afraid ill crack up otherwise, I'm going solo too :/

I would love to do an elective if they do that in NUIM, I'm afraid ill crack up otherwise, I'm going solo too :/

I would say they will let you for that, if not can always do a lot with clubs and societies. Not knowing anyone else going into the place isn't too bad. Clean slate to make whatever first impression you want. I know a few who got Maynooth on their CAO and that's cool I guess but I would rather get to meet some new people. Everyone has nerves about it probably. People are going to think I am a mature student which is a pain (shaving since 14 and thinning hair by 17 is not fun). And I know a guy with the social skills of a carrot who is about to go in with 25,000 strangers at UCD. You will be grand :)

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭D_s

I am only 20 minutes from Maynooth in a Dublin suburb so I have no excuse really
    The bus is a minute from my house so is great for getting to Maynooth, but it leaves campus around 6pm I think which is pretty early.

Hmm... Celbridge? Dunboyne?

I'm ruling out Leixlip and Lucan as they've regular busses from Maynooth.

Straffan? Kilcock? Let me know when I get it.... :P

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭aoifemcg94

Does anyone know what the estate parklands is like for students to live in? Like many house parties etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,624 ✭✭✭TheBody

aoifemcg94 wrote: »
    Does anyone know what the estate parklands is like for students to live in? Like many house parties etc..

Parklands is one of the nicer estates in Maynooth. There wouln't be many student houses in the estate. I don't think the locals would appreciate house parties.

TheBody wrote: »
    Parklands is one of the nicer estates in Maynooth. There wouln't be many student houses in the estate. I don't think the locals would appreciate house parties.

Ahhh feck :( oh well I guess beggars can't be choosers, would there be many parties or students nearby?

Ahhh feck :( oh well I guess beggars can't be choosers, would there be many parties or students nearby?

How much partying are you planning to do??!! :confused: Maynooth isn't that big. You are never more than a 30 min walk from anywhere. Or get a bike. You certaintly won't feel like you are missing anything.

TheBody wrote: »
    How much partying are you planning to do??!! :confused: Maynooth isn't that big. You are never more than a 30 min walk from anywhere. Or get a bike. You certaintly won't feel like you are missing anything.

Not too much but just it would easier for getting to know people if a few students lived in the same estate.

Not too much but just it would easier for getting to know people if a few students lived in the same estate.

You won't have ANY trouble getting to know people. I guarantee you will know hundreds of people after the first few weeks!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

The bus is a minute from my house so is great for getting to Maynooth, but it leaves campus around 6pm I think which is pretty early.

Same here, but I have a 10 minute walk to the bus too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

Yay commuting, dart to Connolly and then train.

I don't know anyone either being honest :/

EDIT: BUT MAKE SURE TO GET ME ON YOUR HARRY POTTER QUIZ TEAM I KNOW THAT SHIZ INSIDE OUT

When I started college I didn't know a single person going there. I moved into digs in my first year and shared a room with a guy I never met before from Cavan.
    Roll the clock forward and we were best men for each other at our weddings.

You have no idea of the journey you are about to take. Maynooth is a wonderful place. You are going to meet some amazing people and make some wonderful friends. All you need to do is say "hello".

D_s wrote: »
    Hmm... Celbridge? Dunboyne?

I'm ruling out Leixlip and Lucan as they've regular busses from Maynooth.

Straffan? Kilcock? Let me know when I get it.... :P

LOL Clondalkin actually :P

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭JayEnnis

I feel like I should warn all the incoming freshers that Maynooth is break in central for the first month of the semester. Be careful of your stuff and make sure everything is locked/alarm set.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Toshi101

JayEnnis wrote: »
    I feel like I should warn all the incoming freshers that Maynooth is break in central for the first month of the semester. Be careful of your stuff and make sure everything is locked/alarm set.

also first years, the walking dead is based on true events which happend in Maynooth a few years ago, you should be alright as long as your not out after dark. Enjoy Maynooth x

Every time I check the timetable page
    .147.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭upinthesky

Surly the timetable should be out now........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Boeing777

lisar816 wrote: »
    Surly the timetable should be out now........

Not due out until next week unfortunately. I was told expect them "mid-week" next week so take that as next Friday :rolleyes:

Advertisement