Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion? 2!!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

Reading the last few pages and between two certain users all I can hear is

♫Love and Marriage, Love and Marriage♫

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

Finding it really strange that I won't be going to maynooth this year...really going to miss it! I am from Maynooth though so I'll still be knocking about the place, but I really want to go back as a student! One more year and I shall!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

NEEDS MORE COMMUNITY GIFS
    tumblr_morecquzXS1r67id1o1_250.gif
    tumblr_mabz5cSHsL1qa9dopo3_500.gif

tumblr_m9i3ucoUmj1qzjfozo1_500.gif
    tumblr_m0y0yjpqI61rra4nwo1_500.gif
    community-draper.gif

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

I really need to get around to watching that show...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

I'll throw in my warning, the SU won't ever ask you to get in pictures for them, they are not like a nightclub trying to advertise themselves. Last year there were a fair few phones and wallets stolen by people being asked take photos by people claiming to be SU staff and to move into an open space away from tables etc for the pictures. Basically they are hoping you will forget your stuff and leave it on the table. If someone says they are taking pictures for the SU just say no thanks. I was caught out on my first day last year, it wasn't a nice experience at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭R_V_P 24

Did any first years get their welcome pack yet off the university!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

R_V_P 24 wrote: »
    Did any first years get their welcome pack yet off the university!?

Got it this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭D_s

decisions wrote: »
    Got it this morning.

Aye, got it this morning too. Friends living in Castleknock say they got theirs yesterday.

decisions wrote: »
    Got it this morning.

What is in it!? I haven't got mine yet it seems!!! Does it give you a web mail address and fees info!?

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭D_s

What is in it!? I haven't got mine yet it seems!!! Does it give you a web mail address and fees info!?

It's basically this and this in paper Booklet form and a Students Union pamphlet, and a letter with some details on it.

The letter says "You will shortly receive, by email, a set of instructions on how to pay your fees online", I assume it's being sent to the email you put with the CAO.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Quick question: When or how do you pay the student levy fee??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

deise_girl wrote: »
    Quick question: When or how do you pay the student levy fee??

Online via card, and I think before orientation!

Did anyone get instructions by email to pay for the fees!? I didn't even get a first year pack yet!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Is it really bad if I ask how do you even pay it online? :o
    Did anyone get instructions by email to pay for the fees!? I didn't even get a first year pack yet!!
    I just got my pack yesterday and I dont think I got an email about paying fees, well I didnt see one anyway..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭Doctor Strange

Sometimes they take the weekend to get to you, depending on where you live.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭aaabbbb

deise_girl wrote: »
    Is it really bad if I ask how do you even pay it online? :o

I just got my pack yesterday and I dont think I got an email about paying fees, well I didnt see one anyway..

Don't worry you'll get one. They wouldn't miss an opportunity to get money out of you :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭aaabbbb

Boeing777 wrote: »
    Not due out until next week unfortunately. I was told expect them "mid-week" next week so take that as next Friday :rolleyes:

I WANT MY TIMETABLE AND I WANT IT NOW !!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

aaabbbb wrote: »
    I WANT MY TIMETABLE AND I WANT IT NOW !!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Ah Ah Ah Bu Bu Bu Bu.

They should know not to mess with a girl whose name is the noise a girl makes when she's arguing.

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Paczini

I just have a question. You know JJ Kavanagh buses going to nuim? Are they checking student cards to make sure that you're actually studying here?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,776 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Paczini wrote: »
    I just have a question. You know JJ Kavanagh buses going to nuim? Are they checking student cards to make sure that you're actually studying here?

Not at all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Paczini

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Not at all
    That's a great news!

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Boeing777

I'd say the people manning the Maynooth twitter account are getting very fed up of people asking about the timetable. Their replies are gas :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,776 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

I'd say the people manning the Maynooth twitter account are getting very fed up of people asking about the timetable. Their replies are gas :pac:

I have no sympathy, this is ridiculous

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

The funny thing is they are already done, at least the science faculties are anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭upinthesky

Got a letter today about paying fees, only thing is the username and password do not match, not that I have the money for them waiting on susi for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 IanFroebs

You guys have it easy!

We (Froebel) start on campus next Monday the 2nd and should be getting our timetables on Wednesday...

(emphasis on should)

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Boeing777

IanFroebs wrote: »
    You guys have it easy!

We (Froebel) start on campus next Monday the 2nd and should be getting our timetables on Wednesday...

(emphasis on should)

This Wednesday? We might just get our timetables then too.

This Wednesday? We might just get our timetables then too.

Yeah, this Wednesday.

But our timetables are being sent out from our own college administration seperate from NUIM's admin cos we is special.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Barster

IanFroebs wrote: »
    You guys have it easy!

(emphasis on should)

Just as a matter of interest , how many students are studying with Froebel? Always wondered that never heard of it until I went to the NUIM open day this year :P

• Advertisement

Barster wrote: »
    Just as a matter of interest , how many students are studying with Froebel? Always wondered that never heard of it until I went to the NUIM open day this year :P

There's 60-65 in each undergraduate year. This year will be the first time that there's a 4th year course. So that's roughly 250 undergrads plus 30 postgrads overall :)

Advertisement