Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion? 2!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

If the girl in the reading room does a big sniffle one more time, I will not be held responsible for my actions.

/twitch

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

Quick question due to excessive paranoia: Can we park in the college without permits since it's outside of term?

Oh. Found it here: http://campusservices.nuim.ie/traffic/
    Permits only enforced up to the 4th of May.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Baile an Locha

It takes 7 minutes to walk from Castleknock Station to Connolly Hospital. I asked the man handing out the metro for directions and he said "Follow me, I'm going that way". I love when people are friendly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭How so Joe

I fuppin' hate when someone says something weird on facebook and you don't know if it's that person being a dick, or someone else on their facebook being a dick while fraping them.
    Argh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

Guess what show just got renewed for a fourth season?

tumblr_m3tzqrunUW1qaf389.gif
    Aww hellz to the yeah

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭Fbjm

It takes 7 minutes to walk from Castleknock Station to Connolly Hospital. I asked the man handing out the metro for directions and he said "Follow me, I'm going that way". I love when people are friendly.

He's probably after your vote for "metro man of the month" or whatever they're calling that quiz these days :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭wonton

so much of my exam time is just me thinking of synonyms of certain words to try not repeat them like a million times.

Furthermore... Similarly... In contrast to this... Additionally...

Uhhh... Simila- dang, I've used that already...

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭Alt_Grrr

Guess what show just got renewed for a fourth season?

tumblr_m3tzqrunUW1qaf389.gif

...what show? ... I don't watch television much these days... so I'll take a stab and say... the west wing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Alt_Grrr wrote: »
    ...what show? ... I don't watch television much these days... so I'll take a stab and say... the west wing?

Community. It's a very funny show :)

• Advertisement

So many people have told me I should watch that, but that would mean going to the bother of torrenting etc... hopefully get around to it over summer, from what I've heard it's worth it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭Alt_Grrr

Community. It's a very funny show :)
    I've heard of it, its usually prefaced with "have you seen" and my reply is "is that on TV?"
    Fbjm wrote: »
    So many people have told me I should watch that, but that would mean going to the bother of torrenting etc... hopefully get around to it over summer, from what I've heard it's worth it :D

I usually say the same thing, but I doubt I'll ever get to see every single TV show that's recommended to me. I mean, I at least have to pretend that I have a life.

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Bonkers_xOx

Last exam tomorrow... Don't make me leave first year!

Is it weird that I don't want exam season to end?
    /clings to Maynooth.

Yes, very weird. What's wrong with you :P

One exam down, three to go for me :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭DB21

That lal thing has gotten creepier :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

Can we say 'circlejerk' in an exam? 'Cause Darmstadt in the 50s was such a ****ing circlejerk.

DB21 wrote: »
    That lal thing has gotten creepier :pac:
    Sort of like watching a train wreck. I just keep scrolling, and scrolling...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭girlonfire

Does anyone have any idea what time the reading room opens at in the morning?

Was there at 6am this morning and barely got a plug for my laptop so I'd say from about 5am.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭girlonfire

Great, thanks a million:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

sup, can anyone call to ask about the results of last semester.

I mean basically my parents lol.

I passed 1st semester (2.1) but dont want them to know about it, family politics.

So can my dad call give my details name and course and say that i'm saying results hasn't been released and all that crap....

I'd be surprised if he could, the way we've done it so far is we email the specific lecturer from our NUIM address. May be different in your course though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

I passed 1st semester (2.1) but dont want them to know about it, family politics.

So can my dad call give my details name and course and say that i'm saying results hasn't been released and all that crap....

I don't think your results are given out over the phone like that. You need the password to get access on the internet.

The only way I'd imagine they could would be if this was your final year. When you get your final results you can order a copy of your transcripts to be sent to your house. All they ask is your name and address. Apart from that I doubt it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

I don't think your results are given out over the phone like that. You need the password to get access on the internet.

The only way I'd imagine they could would be if this was your final year. When you get your final results you can order a copy of your transcripts to be sent to your house. All they ask is your name and address. Apart from that I doubt it.

In sort: no. Nobody can call. It would have to be obtained in person, and not to anyone but you. You're safe :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,785 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

RE: The USI vote.

Any bets on how many people are going to be stupid enough to suggest we can afford 100% exchequer funded 3rd level?

I think I've completely run out of steam. Bollocks. Help.

Snap.

Last undergrad exam ever tomorrow, haven't covered enough but I just can't be arsed anymore.

Snap.

Last undergrad exam ever tomorrow, haven't covered enough but I just can't be arsed anymore.

I know that feel. If you're in the main sports hall at half three we can fist bump over our indifference. Meh.

• Advertisement

I'm going to be hammered by half three, soz babez.

Stall it to main sports hall at 9.30 and I'll be ready to fist bump.

Advertisement