Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion? 2!!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Paczini wrote: »
    Im just about to cry now... Friday 10am - compulsory lecture on which the lecturer asks random people and you need to know the answer. He knows everyone so if I'll skip it, he will know. How am I supposed to go to this lecture after Thursday night in Roost?!

Also... Mondays - 2 law lectures with a lecturer that puts me to sleep.. of course compulsory

Hate that.

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Paczini

Hate that.
    I had it last semester too but the lecturer didnt care if we were 45min late and did nothing for the remaining 15min... this time I would have to actually pay attention and be able to answer questions ;( I'm literary about to cry now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Boeing777

Also, I didn't think triple lectures existed? I've triple Education on a Friday :(

Boeing777 wrote: »
    Also, I didn't think triple lectures existed? I've triple Education on a Friday :(
    Ouch......

• Registered Users Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

There's a lecture I wont even be able to go to because it clashes with my bus timetable. The last bus goes at 4pm on Friday and this lecture is at 4pm so it doesn't suit me.

Try telling your bus company about it.

Has anyone else here ever had lectures at 4pm on Friday?

• Advertisement

Try telling your bus company about it.

Ah no, I'm not going to hold up an entire bus for an hour. I'll just have to get the notes off someone. Not ideal, but what can ya do?!

Ah no, I'm not going to hold up an entire bus for an hour. I'll just have to get the notes off someone. Not ideal, but what can ya do?!
    You can email your department explaining your situation

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Arghhhhhhhhhhhhh for F*** Sake, I hate Law department I JUST HATE IT!!!!!!!!!
    Both semesters: Monday 10am - gap till 4pm... tuesday 9am.. wednesday 9am... Friday 10am...

I wish you hadn't told me that...

Same as last year really though. I'm sure they do it deliberately! You can go back for a nap after them though!

Are lectures definitely compulsory this year? It made change with the new dept head.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭marko93

Wait, there's a Timetable clash for 2nd semester in CSSE o.o

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Planemo

Well none of my lectures are in south campus so I'm happy out :P

• Advertisement

Actually, having looked at the law timetable again it's really not that bad, when combined with History anyway. I pretty much have two days off (a 9am on Wed and that's it til 10am on Fri). A couple of early mornings but I can handle that if I have to. It could be worse and we don't even know if lectures will be compulsory yet!

It's better then the horrible Fridays that we used to have in first years!

Anyone here know the lab times for 3rd year Bio and Chem?
    And if they're the same every year.
    Any help would be great :D

3rd year Biology timetable is here

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Without 12 hours of labs and practicals :(

Monday: 10am
    Tuesday: 9am & 11am
    Wednesday: 10am
    Thursday: 10am & 11am

Nothing on Fridays yet :') Hopefully it stays the same though!

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭CSSE09

marko93 wrote: »
    Not sure if want!

Also, to anyone who's completed 2nd Year CSSS, could ya tell me the story with labs/tutorials and work load? Cheers!

2 hours of labs for each CS module except for cs151, don't know how they do that these days, might still be an hours tutorial and an assignment per week. Very little work load since most of it is done in the labs, maths excluded obviously.

As for that timetable clash in semester 2 ignore it, things like that always happen and it'll be adjusted before that semester starts.

I wish you hadn't told me that...

Same as last year really though. I'm sure they do it deliberately! You can go back for a nap after them though!

Are lectures definitely compulsory this year? It made change with the new dept head.

Actually I never thought of that.. It might change with new Head of Department!
    Actually, having looked at the law timetable again it's really not that bad, when combined with History anyway. I pretty much have two days off (a 9am on Wed and that's it til 10am on Fri). A couple of early mornings but I can handle that if I have to. It could be worse and we don't even know if lectures will be compulsory yet!
    When combined with French it's horrible! And Im not the only one giving out about it. And I still have to pick 4 tutorial times to add to it :(

Planemo wrote: »
    3rd year Biology timetable is here

Great thanks :)
    I'm in Thursday lab for Biology so I'm gonna guess I have a Wednesday one for Chem?

Great thanks :)
    I'm in Thursday lab for Biology so I'm gonna guess I have a Wednesday one for Chem?

Seeing as your a third year, can you tell me what second year chemistry is like? Is there a big jump in difficult from first year? I'm picking it regardless because I refuse to do maths & physics, but it would be nice to find out a bit about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭andrew369

Just put in my modules for first year Arts and there are more gaps in my timetable than Swiss cheese :( , hope tutorials, study and societies fill in the spaces.

Seeing as your a third year, can you tell me what second year chemistry is like? Is there a big jump in difficult from first year? I'm picking it regardless because I refuse to do maths & physics, but it would be nice to find out a bit about it.

It's very do-able. Organic in first and Inorganic in second semester are both hard but if you go to all the lectures and fill out your notes right you'll do fine.
    Rest of the exams are pretty easy.
    Steer clear of physics. The first semester module had an 86% fail rate before continuous assessment.
    Nothing but stress :P

• Advertisement

andrew369 wrote: »
    Just put in my modules for first year Arts and there are more gaps in my timetable than Swiss cheese :( , hope tutorials, study and societies fill in the spaces.
    Don't worry about gaps too much, you will have a chance to do assignments, grab a coffee or just chill out in the arts block :)

Actually I never thought of that.. It might change with new Head of Department!

When combined with French it's horrible! And Im not the only one giving out about it. And I still have to pick 4 tutorial times to add to it :(

Maybe I'm just used to it because it's the exact same timetable as last year.

Maybe I'm just used to it because it's the exact same timetable as last year.
    It's actually a bit similar to my 2nd year timetable but it's still worse :( Im really disappointed though

It's actually a bit similar to my 2nd year timetable but it's still worse :( Im really disappointed though

If it's just mornings that are the issue don't worry about it. It's probably actually better for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭marko93

CSSE09 wrote: »
    2 hours of labs for each CS module except for cs151, don't know how they do that these days, might still be an hours tutorial and an assignment per week. Very little work load since most of it is done in the labs, maths excluded obviously.

As for that timetable clash in semester 2 ignore it, things like that always happen and it'll be adjusted before that semester starts.

Cheers!

So looking like 10 hours of labs in first semester ;____; Wonder would I be able to organise it to have the Wednesday off :3

If it's just mornings that are the issue don't worry about it. It's probably actually better for you.
    I've law in the morning and french in the afternoon with gaps inbetween :(

I've law in the morning and french in the afternoon with gaps inbetween :(

I'm pretty much the same. Gap are a good thing imo. You're more likely to do work then because you know you're not totally free. Particularly in final year. It's good motivation as well as giving you a nice break if needed too. (Took me for years to discover that though!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭andrew369

Don't worry about gaps too much, you will have a chance to do assignments, grab a coffee or just chill out in the arts block :)

Christ that is going to be a lot of coffee and chilling :P

I hope the timetable designers feel like Oppenheimer with how holey it is.

Gaps are a good thing. You're more likely to do work then because you know you're not totally free. Particularly in final year. It's good motivation. (Took me for years to discover that though!)
    Knowing me I will just sit in the arts block doing nothing and cursing the gaps. I would prefer to have 4 hours in a row and be free for the rest of the time
    I'm a type of person that prefers to get the lectures over with and stay back after college till late to do stuff but sometimes I do use them to do assignments etc..

• Advertisement

Steer clear of physics. The first semester module had an 86% fail rate before continuous assessment.
    Nothing but stress :P
    I was talking to a demonstrator during labs after the xmas exams and he said that was the hardest module he ever took! Thank fúck for compensation :pac:

Advertisement