Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion? 2!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭D_s

I just got a Payment of Fees Reminder Email from the Maynooth Fees and Grants office :eek: But I payed my Fees online (the €1350) earlier this week :confused:

Is this just an automated email they send out to everyone, or has something gone wrong with the payment? Please help :(

Email attached

EDIT: Nevermind, found my answer on this thread. Looks like they sent it out to everyone. I was very scared for a minute :P

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Paczini

GarIT wrote: »
    Mine showed up as 100 and wouldn't let me change it or anything. I remember last year I had to put in the amount, but this year the box said 100 and was greyed out. I've no idea how I managed that.
    By now they probably know that you are on the grant. Last year it was automatically €97 and this year €100 for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

So apparently as a first year I was meant to be posted info on how to pay fees.. didn't get any such letter, anyone know how I'd go about paying?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

So apparently as a first year I was meant to be posted info on how to pay fees.. didn't get any such letter, anyone know how I'd go about paying?

I'd give the fees office a ring or call into them on Monday. If you don't have your username and password we can't really help much I'm afraid.

I'd give the fees office a ring or call into them on Monday. If you don't have your username and password we can't really help much I'm afraid.

Ah balls :( thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

Ah balls :( thanks!
    Just quickly to say you'd want to call them before 10, or even 9.45. Registration kicks off Monday morning and the Fees office is going to be swamped.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Does anyone know the times for Silverline coaches? I just want to know if they do 2 coaches in mornings and evenings or just one.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Boeing777

Does anyone know the times for Silverline coaches? I just want to know if they do 2 coaches in mornings and evenings or just one.

Do you mean Streamline? Here's the bus operators and schedules anyway http://www.nuim.ie/location/bus.shtml

Boeing777 wrote: »
    Here's the bus operators and schedules anyway http://www.nuim.ie/location/bus.shtml

Jesus, the private coaches from Lucan and Celbridge to Maynooth are cheaper than Dublin Bus :eek: Something's very wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭SeanyboyQPR

They have no interest in Cork people making their way up, discrimination!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭Doctor Strange

You lot shouldn't be let cross the border :P

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭SeanyboyQPR

You lot shouldn't be let cross the border :P

Oooooooh :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

D_s wrote: »
    Jesus, the private coaches from Lucan and Celbridge to Maynooth are cheaper than Dublin Bus :eek: Something's very wrong.

It's not, if you pay for the bus monthly with Dublin bus it works out at €3 per day you travel, that is slightly more. DB is much more flexible too. You can go in and out twice on the same day if you need to for the same price.

GarIT wrote: »
    It's not, if you pay for the bus monthly with Dublin bus it works out at €3 per day you travel, that is slightly more. DB is much more flexible too. You can go in and out twice on the same day if you need to for the same price.

Oh yeah I'm sure it works out cheaper with a student travelcard and whatnot, just surprised to see a €2 pricetag for a single journey, whereas it'd be 2.40 or 2.80 with dublin bus.

I'm certainly not thinking of going with anyone but Dublin Bus for my commuting needs :P

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭aoifemcg94

Cork people are class ! :D
    I'm not even from cork and I'm saying that! :P

All moved in :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Anyone know what time the Residence office will close tomorrow for moving in?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭aaabbbb

Anyone remember from previous years when the MSC usually releases its timetable/opening hours for the year ?

I'm super cool and want to incorporate it into my already colour co-ordinated timetable :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭JellyBeans92

Anyone know what time the Residence office will close tomorrow for moving in?
    Details of all the check-in hours from the residence office are available at http://residence.nuim.ie/documents/Check.In.Times.A3.pdf

:D

Anyone know who is in charge of time tables these days ?

I think I may have found a glorious error on mine (well at least I hope....!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,624 ✭✭✭TheBody

aaabbbb wrote: »

Contact the relevant department and they will sort it out for you.

Yeah, contact whatever department it is. Is it a clash?

Yeah, contact whatever department it is. Is it a clash?

Done !

No its an extra lecture, Module only normally has 2 lectures a week but seems to have oddly three this year of which wasn't on the timetable when I first checked it when it first came out

Done !

No its an extra lecture, Module only normally has 2 lectures a week but seems to have oddly three this year of which wasn't on the timetable when I first checked it when it first came out

Oh I know the one you're on about. It's Maths isn't it? MT101S? Ciarán said last year, when he was lecturing us, that he was campaigning for an extra lecture to explore the more interesting parts of maths ( :rolleyes: ) and also to allow more time for coursework. It's not an error!

Oh I know the one you're on about. It's Maths isn't it? MT101S? Ciarán said last year, when he was lecturing us, that he was campaigning for an extra lecture to explore the more interesting parts of maths ( :rolleyes: ) and also to allow more time for coursework. It's not an error!

This is true. It's not an error.

SERIOUSLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You have to be joking 9am on a freaking THURSDAY !!!!

I don't get why it wasn't there when I first checked the timetable either !!

Are you sure you weren't looking at last years timetable? They only put up this years one recently enough.

TheBody wrote: »
    Are you sure you weren't looking at last years timetable? They only put up this years one recently enough.

No I'm sure ;)

Also because I distinctly remember comparing this years timetable to the pretty, glittery , colourful paper version I'd made myself of last years time table and being pissed that there was no other option other than to ruin it with tipex since Mondays lecture had moved from 12pm to 10 am or else my only other option was I'd have to go and make a completely new sparkly timetable which I really wasn't happy about :pac:

....I know my third time doing first year and I really got my priorities straight :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭Doctor Strange

Wait, you actually have that lecture? Ouch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Isn't it 9am on Friday that everyone needs to worry about? :confused:

Advertisement