Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion? 2!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,775 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Is there another big pacr to replace the rye hall one?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Did anyone else have problems using the on-campus wi-fi from ~2-5pm?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,775 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

I was gonna pm this to pp, but sure I will post it here. Instead of using nuim wireless, which is ****e, use eduroam. Its not an open network, but it will let you in if you use your student number and password. It has better coverage around campus, is more reliable and it will connect automatically.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Boeing777

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    I was gonna pm this to pp, but sure I will post it here. Instead of using nuim wireless, which is ****e, use eduroam. Its not an open network, but it will let you in if you use your student number and password. It has better coverage around campus, is more reliable and it will connect automatically.

I only ever use eduroam. It's far more reliable than NUIM Wireless.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Did anyone else have problems using the on-campus wi-fi from ~2-5pm?

Yea, wouldn't work at all for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭marko93

Speak for yourself, my CS210 lectures were packed!

All the CSSE ones were packed, I give it a few weeks before numbers dwindle! That 2 hour one was a killer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

Anyone in CS143 want to explain to me what yer man was on about?

decisions wrote: »
    Anyone in CS143 want to explain to me what yer man was on about?

That's Aidans course, was it about the 1's and 0's?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

marko93 wrote: »
    That's Aidans course, was it about the 1's and 0's?

It wasn't Aidan, some guy called Guillaume. It was As and Bs and 1s and 0s.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Hexadecimal notation. Enjoy that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭Alt_Grrr

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    It has better coverage around campus

It shouldn't be the case, all the wireless networks run by the Computer Centre are virtual wireless networks on the same wireless routers.

Also Eduroam is for visitors from other institutions. (Its a life saver at conferences)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

Boeing777 wrote: »
    I only ever use eduroam. It's far more reliable than NUIM Wireless.
    Never works with my username and password. Could it be reserved for certain departments/faculties?

decisions wrote: »
    It wasn't Aidan, some guy called Guillaume. It was As and Bs and 1s and 0s.

Ohhh, we had Aidan last year, top bloke. 1s and 0s is very easy once you take a good look at it! :)

mickstupp wrote: »
    Never works with my username and password. Could it be reserved for certain departments/faculties?

Really? Not too sure about that. I'm a science student if that's any use.

Really? Not too sure about that. I'm a science student if that's any use.
    Hmm. I'm in Arts. I'll need to investigate more.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 kragenmore

mickstupp wrote: »
    Hmm. I'm in Arts. I'll need to investigate more.

Eduroam works fine for me and I'm in Arts!

Maybe it hates my ipod... I have no idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 kragenmore

it doesn't work on my phone, actually! i forgot about that. must be a mobile devices thing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭andrew369

Speaking of computers and internet is there anywhere on campus with computer access that isn't busy all the time? Need to sign up for some English tutorials tomorrow. Had to sign up Anthropology today and the good slots where gone after a couple of hours. O_0

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

andrew369 wrote: »
    Speaking of computers and internet is there anywhere on campus with computer access that isn't busy all the time? Need to sign up for some English tutorials tomorrow. Had to sign up Anthropology today and the good slots where gone after a couple of hours. O_0

Normally you should be able to get a computer in Callan Building

• Advertisement

Kiwi_knock wrote: »
    Normally you should be able to get a computer in Callan Building

You mean the few in the entrance way coming from the Art's Block?

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Karmaa

There are computers in Callan building, the building behind the Arts block and over by Rye Hall is another computer room and of course in the Arts block another computer room and in the corridor of the Arts block. Take your pick ;) Callan is less busy than others or Rye Hall.

Karmaa wrote: »
    There are computers in Callan building, the building behind the Arts block and over by Rye Hall is another computer room and of course in the Arts block another computer room and in the corridor of the Arts block. Take your pick ;) Callan is less busy than others or Rye Hall.

Is that still there? I understood Froebel took over that building?

Karmaa wrote: »

Hurrah ^^ hopefully can get a decent time now which doesn't make my horrible timetable any worse.

I had one lecture today at 9am and my bus home didn't leave til 3pm, if anyone would like to become my new best friend on Tuesday's I can supply absinthe and the biggest hugs you've ever sseeennnn.

Hurrah ^^ hopefully can get a decent time now which doesn't make my horrible timetable any worse.

I had one lecture today at 9am and my bus home didn't leave til 3pm, if anyone would like to become my new best friend on Tuesday's I can supply absinthe and the biggest hugs you've ever sseeennnn.

Very similar to me - I had just one lecture at 1pm for the whole day. Next week will be different when my chemistry labs are at 2pm so it won't be so bad. There's nothing as bad as having to waste time like that. I had to waste 4 hours today :mad:

Very similar to me - I had just one lecture at 1pm for the whole day. Next week will be different when my chemistry labs are at 2pm so it won't be so bad. There's nothing as bad as having to waste time like that. I had to waste 4 hours today :mad:

That is good that you will be able to fill up some time. I haven't even the option of tutorials in my subjects on Tuesday except an early morning English tutorial, which I might not even get a space in depending on how quickly I can murder my way to a computer not occupied by someone wasting time on Facebook at 10am in the bloody morning. -_-

If that happens I will drink chai tea from Starbucks til I can projectile vomit in their face. :mad:

If that happens I will drink chai tea from Starbucks til I can projectile vomit in their face. :mad:

I *really* hope you get a computer so :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

Remember folks, no discussing of lecturers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭How so Joe

kragenmore wrote: »
    it doesn't work on my phone, actually! i forgot about that. must be a mobile devices thing!

Worked fine on my phone last time I was on campus, but as far as I recall I was logged in with my UCL account rather than my nuim one.

• Advertisement

Last minute registration panic! ****! Maybe I should just emigrate.

Advertisement