Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion? 2!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,775 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Wish moodle would hurry, I need to register for a tutorial at 4 15 and my modules still haven't appeared yet :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭aaabbbb

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    I was gonna pm this to pp, but sure I will post it here. Instead of using nuim wireless, which is ****e, use eduroam. Its not an open network, but it will let you in if you use your student number and password. It has better coverage around campus, is more reliable and it will connect automatically.

It never works for me either =(
    Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Is there another big pacr to replace the rye hall one?
    andrew369 wrote: »
    Speaking of computers and internet is there anywhere on campus with computer access that isn't busy all the time? Need to sign up for some English tutorials tomorrow. Had to sign up Anthropology today and the good slots where gone after a couple of hours. O_0

Teaching rooms on south campus or long corridor. Always practically empty except the few times theres a tutorial on in there or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭Alt_Grrr

Dear All,

During Monday and Tuesday you may have experienced problems accessing Moodle or noticed it was running slowly.

These problems were caused by a Distributed Denial of Service (DDOS) attack directed at our Moodle server, denying access to legitimate users. There was no compromise of data or the integrity of the system itself. The attack is coming from a variety of sources off campus. Attacks such as this may be criminal offences under section 9 of the Criminal Justice Act 2001.

While it is not possible to prevent this kind of attack, the Computer Centre have put measures in place to mitigate the effects. The attack (which is ongoing) should no longer effect Moodle. We continue to liaise with HEAnet and others in relation to this attack.

The Computer Centre regrets the inconvenience caused by these attacks which are beyond our control.

Regards,

Dearbhla O'Reilly,
    ICT Infrastructure Manager,
    Computer Centre.

Poor Moodle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭aaabbbb

Alt_Grrr wrote: »
    Poor Moodle.

Why on earth would you want to hack into moodle ? Someone just too eager to get there hands on coursework for the year ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

aaabbbb wrote: »
    Why on earth would you want to hack into moodle ? Someone just too eager to get there hands on coursework for the year ?

That's not what was said at all. Nobody its trying to get anything at all, this is in no way any sort of a hack, they are just stopping other people getting onto moodle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Lepidoptera

decisions wrote: »
    Anyone in CS143 want to explain to me what yer man was on about?

Even someone who already knows Boolean algebra found that difficult to follow. It is important, though, and it is actually easy to understand when it's presented in a less convoluted manner. I suggest you google it and spend an hour or so going over it before the next class as that should clear it up pretty quickly as the basics of it are just a form of logic. Once you have a bit of time to sit down with it yourself, you'll see that it really isn't as complicated as it was sounding.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Boeing777

I cannot believe how hot TH1 and TH2 are. It's nothing short of a disgrace. I've had lectures in there yesterday and today and on both occasions the lecturer had to cut the lectures short because of how uncomfortable it was. The heat is inhumane!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Boeing777 wrote: »
    I cannot believe how hot TH1 and TH2 are. It's nothing short of a disgrace. I've had lectures in there yesterday and today and on both occasions the lecturer had to cut the lectures short because of how uncomfortable it was. The heat is inhumane!

I was in there this morning and yesterday morning and it was fine to me. Either I don't notice the heat (which is more than possible) or it's building up over the day. They hardly have the heating on do they?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

The heat in Iontas the other day was incredible.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,624 ✭✭✭TheBody

It must be down all over the college. Iontas is usually lovely.

• Advertisement

I was in there this morning and yesterday morning and it was fine to me. Either I don't notice the heat (which is more than possible) or it's building up over the day. They hardly have the heating on do they?

I promise I'm not being over-dramatic or exaggerating, it was literally unbearable. I don't think the heating is on, but there's definitely no air conditioning working. Every lecture I've had in it so far have been at 1pm/2pm and as I said, on both occasions the lecturers finished up 20 minutes early so we could get out. It's insane!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Oscars Well.

The heat just hits you like a wave when you walk into Callan Hall! Of course, having 5 lectures there in 2 days doesn't help :(

I promise I'm not being over-dramatic or exaggerating, it was literally unbearable. I don't think the heating is on, but there's definitely no air conditioning working. Every lecture I've had in it so far have been at 1pm/2pm and as I said, on both occasions the lecturers finished up 20 minutes early so we could get out. It's insane!

Now that I think of it, JH4 was fairly tough to sit in on Monday at 4. I think everywhere else was ok. I'm really warm on campus too atm but I think that I may have left my heating on accidently at some stage. Then again, my furnace of a boyfriend was over last night I ended up literally falling out of bed trying to get away from him so that I could actually sleep so he's probably left residual heat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭jubella

I was in TH2 at 11 and 4 today and it was still unbearably hot at both those times!

jubella wrote: »
    I was in TH2 at 11 and 4 today and it was still unbearably hot at both those times!

It's just unbelievable. I've already had a girl collapse in one of my lectures this week (different lecture hall, equally as warm!) and I think I'll be the next if this keeps up.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

JH2 was the most unbearable for me so far, even at 9am! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭andrew369

JH2 was the most unbearable for me so far, even at 9am! :eek:

I was in JH2 for Philosophy today at 9am, the heat was horrible. Between it, lack of sleep, listening about Socrates corrupting youth and the guy sitting next to me absolutely reeking of cabbage made for an uncomfortable morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

This morning the radiator beside my desk was on.

There is no in between in this place. Freezing or sweltering. Dopey.

mickstupp wrote: »

Well that answers that question! There must be someone that we can talk to to get the heating switched off for the next while.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 kragenmore

imagine how i felt in my lecture today when it was so overcrowded that people had to sit on the floor. absolute sweatbox :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Paczini

mickstupp wrote: »

Ohhh just reminded me of the day when everyone was sitting with their jackets, hats and gloves on in one of the sociology lectures 2 years ago in JH1 cause it was freezing outside and the heating was off....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

You know how it says you need your PPS number for registering, do you need proof of it on a letter/card etc? I know mine off by heart so was wondering if I'd need to bring something with me too.

Seren_ wrote: »
    You know how it says you need your PPS number for registering, do you need proof of it on a letter/card etc? I know mine off by heart so was wondering if I'd need to bring something with me too.

****, I didn't even think of what I might need for registration on Friday. I may dig some stuff out so I look somewhat prepared on Fri!

You'd prob need some proper evidence. Though the fact that you were here before might help because you'd already be on the records.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

I registered yesterday and was not asked for it at all, I think if they have you on record you should be grand.

I was paid €130 last Thursday. WHERE THE HELL HAS IT ALL GONE?!?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Haha that's what I'm at right now, I totally forgot that I might need stuff until it was mentioned in class!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭marko93

Where's Theatre 2? O.O

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

marko93 wrote: »
    Where's Theatre 2? O.O

In the Arts Block, its TH2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭JellyBeans92

Does anyone know what time repeating students can register on Friday and what you need to bring?
    :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭marko93

Kiwi_knock wrote: »
    In the Arts Block, its TH2.
    Excellent! Thank you good Sir

Advertisement