Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion? 2!!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭JellyBeans92

aaabbbb wrote: »
    The arts block is could you use there ?

But I've no money on my MyCard =L

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Lepidoptera

They have "limited availability" on weekends, though what exactly that means was never further specified.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭How so Joe

It was a bit sneaky. I had to double check before I went in which was which.

EDIT: Also, when did they stop providing pens for ballots anyway?

I've never voted with a pen, which means you probably haven't either.
    As far as I'm aware, it's always been black pencils. It's some sort of security thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

aaabbbb wrote: »
    Nevermind....

In other news I think I may have mixed up the voting cards and voted wrong accidently **** !

Whoever decided it was a great idea to have two referenda at the same time and not write which card was for which is a little devious bollx

Also I rather disliked having only a pencil as an option to use to cast my vote....

They said quite clearly on top which was which. And they were different colors. And we had the two in the same day to save time and money.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

They said quite clearly on top which was which. And they were different colors. And we had the two in the same day to save time and money.

I'd hardly say clearly. Took me a min or two to work it out and my mum had to ask. I've heard s couple of complaints about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭Alt_Grrr

How so Joe wrote: »
    I've never voted with a pen, which means you probably haven't either.
    As far as I'm aware, it's always been black pencils. It's some sort of security thing.

yeah, as far as I know its because pencil doesn't run if they got wet.

Unrelated to the voting:
    Does anyone know if the computer science labs in Callan Building are accessible on weekends? I want to print out some notes and amn't bothered waiting till Monday if I can avoid it.
    :pac:

CS students should have access to the labs on the weekend. Usually one lab down stairs is open and 4th years have keys to their lab.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

I'd hardly say clearly. Took me a min or two to work it out and my mum had to ask. I've heard s couple of complaints about it.
    I didn't think it was clear either. I saw a lot of jargon that reminded me of working in offices and journal articles in the English department. My eyes started to glaze over and my brain became fuzzy. Only confused me for a couple of seconds though, since I'd already decided I was voting the same for both.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭BillyMitchel

OK I know this is a bit of a long shot but does the computer services department fix students laptops for a reduced price?

OK I know this is a bit of a long shot but does the computer services department fix students laptops for a reduced price?

nope, in fact they won't touch it.
    FixMyPC on main street would be the ones to talk to.
    Any idea what is wrong?

• Advertisement

Alt_Grrr wrote: »
    nope, in fact they won't touch it.
    FixMyPC on main street would be the ones to talk to.
    Any idea what is wrong?

Thanks for the reply, its just a cracked screen. Any idea how much it would cost?

depends...
    so, no, I have no idea... if I were a guessing man, I'd say €80+...if I were a guessing man.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭upinthesky

Thanks for the reply, its just a cracked screen. Any idea how much it would cost?
    Would you not just buy a screen of ebay and replace it? You would be amazed how easy it is! If you're not sure just go onto youtube and search how to fix a screen on (your laptop)

lisar816 wrote: »
    Would you not just buy a screen of ebay and replace it? You would be amazed how easy it is! If you're not sure just go onto youtube and search how to fix a screen on (your laptop)

I've heard of this alright but knowing me and my luck recently I'd break it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

Anyone know where I can post letters on campus?

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Karmaa

There used to be a post box in the ARts block but not sure it's still there. If not, the post office in John Hume down past the SU Londis shop :)

Anyone know where I can post letters on campus?

If I remember correctly there is a post office on South Campus. Well so we were told at orientation but I've yet to see it myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

I remember trying to post a letter, and stupid me trekked all the way to Carton Park, only to be sneered at by an absolute dickhead of an employee that the post office was closed. I wasn't even 2 minutes late.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭JellyBeans92

If I remember correctly there is a post office on South Campus. Well so we were told at orientation but I've yet to see it myself!

There's also a little known* Post Office in John Hume Building, down past Londis on the right-hand side.

*And by little known I mean I discovered it about 2 weeks ago, and this is my 4th year here

There's also a little known* Post Office in John Hume Building, down past Londis on the right-hand side.

*And by little known I mean I discovered it about 2 weeks ago, and this is my 4th year here

Its dead handy actually.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Paczini

Alt_Grrr wrote: »
    Its dead handy actually.
    Also there is one on the south campus as well.. Ive been there once but I cant remember exactly where it is...

Paczini wrote: »
    Also there is one on the south campus as well.. Ive been there once but I cant remember exactly where it is...

Next to Rhetoric House and the Swimming Pool across from the back entrance into the Fees and Grants Office

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭jubella

Got my grant approval today. I get more money than before! Delighted with life.

jubella wrote: »
    Got my grant approval today. I get more money than before! Delighted with life.

No fair. :(

I' still waiting on my Co.Co. to get back to me!

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Paczini

No fair. :(

I' still waiting on my Co.Co. to get back to me!
    Still haven't applied.........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭aaabbbb

Paczini wrote: »
    Still haven't applied.........

I'm not elligible :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭DylanII

Hey,

Does anyone know if O'Neills do their sandwiches for take away.... I do be craving their Chicken and stuffing but dont have the time to sit down to eat...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Train inspectors on the 10pm train, never seen them on the train that late. Issued a good number of fines as well. Just been waiting for their morning raids.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭aaabbbb

Kiwi_knock wrote: »
    Train inspectors on the 10pm train, never seen them on the train that late. Issued a good number of fines as well. Just been waiting for their morning raids.

They're well up past their bed time ! Never ever saw one on a train this late before !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Toshi101

and the workload begins again :(
    in other news had my first judo class today which was great craic :)

Advertisement