Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion? 2!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭Alt_Grrr

aaabbbb wrote: »
    They're well up past their bed time ! Never ever saw one on a train this late before !

They seem to be stepping up their game lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

About 4 times a year they swoop in in one of their raids. Fine all the people.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭qwerty1991

Does anyone know if there are bathrooms in the upstairs of tbe library? Ive been wandering around and I cannot find any. Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭Doctor Strange

qwerty1991 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if there are bathrooms in the upstairs of tbe library? Ive been wandering around and I cannot find any. Thanks!

In the new part, no. However on the first floor of the the old part there are ladies', and on the second floor mens'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

I may or may not have happened across MCR baby and shouted ''I KNOW YOU FROM BOARDS'' in the Roost tonight. Sorry again for possibly/probably scaring you.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

I may or may not have happened across MCR baby and shouted ''I KNOW YOU FROM BOARDS'' in the Roost tonight. Sorry again for possibly/probably scaring you.

Hah, it was fine. I'm pretty sure that I've done that myself in the past plus I'd already done something similar to your friend!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭JellyBeans92

Quick Question: Does anyone know if there's a way to clear the print queue on each printer in the CS labs.. Getting real tired of printing out other people's notes..
    :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,142 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Are the computers in the arts block accessible on Sunday and if so what time from, have loads of work to do but no access to a good quality pc or laptop until I get my grant.

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭Alt_Grrr

Quick Question: Does anyone know if there's a way to clear the print queue on each printer in the CS labs.. Getting real tired of printing out other people's notes..
    :pac:

press buttons on front, you can cancel jobs still on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭aaabbbb

Are the computers in the arts block accessible on Sunday and if so what time from, have loads of work to do but no access to a good quality pc or laptop until I get my grant.

From like sometime around 6am 'till 10pm at night 365 days a year

The library's open either from 10 am to 5pm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 markk0719

Folks does anyone know anything about this curfew of 1.00am on the South Campus. Was booking a room for Thursday night and was told the place is locked down at 1.00am.
    Never heard of any hotel/guesthouse telling guests to be home at a certain time.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Karmaa

markk0719 wrote: »
    Folks does anyone know anything about this curfew of 1.00am on the South Campus. Was booking a room for Thursday night and was told the place is locked down at 1.00am.
    Never heard of any hotel/guesthouse telling guests to be home at a certain time.

Yes, that's something new they've implemented from this year. Idiotic to say the least, like who ends their night at that hour?? :confused:

Karmaa wrote: »
    Yes, that's something new they've implemented from this year. Idiotic to say the least, like who ends their night at that hour?? :confused:

I think that's what they're possibly trying to avoid

Its silly none the less

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

I'm pretty sure that curfew was always there? It's to stop the priests from getting out or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

The curfew used to be a lot later, and they were a lot more flexible. You could ring security after the curfew and they would let you in. It seems like they don't what students staying there with the way they are going.

Seren_ wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure that curfew was always there? It's to stop the priests from getting out or something.

Surely they could find a way to let paying guests in and out :confused:

Also they aren't really trapping the priests in there !?

Seren_ wrote: »

:pac: They did close the gates at a certain time, but then security would allow you in by checking you in against his list. But that's all done away with now, it was said that the changes are a result of all the messing going on, imagine students messing like! :eek:

Wait, they actually enforce the curfew now? That is inconvenient.

:pac: They did close the gates at a certain time, but then security would allow you in by checking you in against his list. But that's all done away with now, it was said that the changes are a result of all the messing going on, imagine students messing like! :eek:

God forbid ! :O

Though the library gate isn't exactly that difficult to get over along with various points along the boundary wall so if you really wanted to get in you could

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Though the library gate isn't exactly that difficult to get over along with various points along the boundary wall so if you really wanted to get in you could

You know that you must be desperate when you're sneaking into the library!

• Advertisement

That gate is alarmed have you never heard the noise of it, it's like a war siren of sorts :eek: but yeah where there's a will there's a way of getting in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

Is the printing press open on Saturdays?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Is the printing press open on Saturdays?
    Doubt it. Arts block and library are both open though.

That gate is alarmed have you never heard the noise of it, it's like a war siren of sorts :eek: but yeah where there's a will there's a way of getting in.

Nope though I'm not usually around when its closed. Also things like that dont phase you if you're a ninja ;)

It'd also be possible to stick a ladder across the lyreen , it's fairly narrow as you go in towards the trees at the back of the computer centre so it wouldn't be too hard. Though late at night it it'd be nothing but deadly especially if you'd been drinking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

I assure you she's used to it

Nope though I'm not usually around when its closed. Also things like that dont phase you if you're a ninja ;)

It'd also be possible to stick a ladder across the lyreen , it's fairly narrow as you go in towards the trees at the back of the computer centre so it wouldn't be too hard. Though late at night it it'd be nothing but deadly especially if you'd been drinking.

...Why does it sound like you've tried this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭DylanII

So if you get back to campus after 1am will you just be refused entry and be told to sleep on the street?

Also what would happen if you had an extra person when returning at night?

DylanII wrote: »
    So if you get back to campus after 1am will you just be refused entry and be told to sleep on the street?

Also what would happen if you had an extra person when returning at night?

It's not that you will be physically 'refused entry', you just won't have any access to get in gates will be closed and you'll have to find a comfy bench somewhere :) Also, if you are caught out bringing another person back they will be asked to leave so try not get caught out and you'll be grand ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Planemo

Does the library still have earplugs? Couldn't find any when I went in yesterday and there was no one around to ask.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

I saw a box full last time I passed the desk downstairs. I need to get some too. They're pretty good for sleeping too.

Advertisement