Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion? 2!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭aaabbbb

Is the porridge hot...?

Not any more :(
    TheBody wrote: »
    Maybe you could try something like the monkey in this GIF. He might get the message.....

He's GONE !!!! so I think you were right ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭TO_ARTHUR!

The cleaners put in reports for Village weekly. I've never seen them be followed up on though.

You were wrong :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭upinthesky

So, went into the campus AIB branch to lodge some cash, only to be told they don't take cash? seriously why is the branch even there?

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭CSSE09

lisar816 wrote: »
    So, went into the campus AIB branch to lodge some cash, only to be told they don't take cash? seriously why is the branch even there?

It's only there for students to open accounts, get them in while in college and they might stay with aib after.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭DylanII

lisar816 wrote: »

Now that is ridiculous, so what can you do in there?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Oscars Well.

DylanII wrote: »
    Now that is ridiculous, so what can you do in there?

Lodging cheques is all I've ever used it for

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭jubella

There are a few cashless branches around - They're there to open accounts, manage transfers etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

That branch is also handy for dealing with club/soc accounts etc.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

TO_ARTHUR! wrote: »
    You were wrong :pac:

Are they doing inspections now as well? Well there's cleaner's reports too so!

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭YayForYuffie

On a day like today, I could not be more glad that the Library has heating. So nice, and warm and not wet.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Are you still expected to go to lectures when its raining? :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Was reading over some of the old chat thread earlier and now I'm feeling very nostalgic...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

I think this is the first time I've gotten one of the fancy new trains to Maynooth. It's very nice!

/easilyimpressed

mickstupp wrote: »
    I think this is the first time I've gotten one of the fancy new trains to Maynooth. It's very nice!

/easilyimpressed

Fancy new trains ?

Do you mean the regular intercity trains that they're now increasingly using more and more for commuter services ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭andrew369

First year English is slowly draining my will to live. Going to start having nightmares about structuralist, feminist, flesh eating daffodils...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Can we swap? As I've said previously, I despise Computer Architecture already.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Boeing777

andrew369 wrote: »
    First year English is slowly draining my will to live. Going to start having nightmares about structuralist, feminist, flesh eating daffodils...

Even just reading that gives me the shivers. Fair play to anyone who can actually hack English at university. I couldn't write an essay to save my life and writing a lab report is enough of a struggle :rolleyes:

Boeing777 wrote: »
    Even just reading that gives me the shivers. Fair play to anyone who can actually hack English at university. I couldn't write an essay to save my life and writing a lab report is enough of a struggle :rolleyes:

Me too , if I was to write an essay it really would be as convincing as the gob****e trying to argue with a guard on a night out aka a very flailing epic fail ! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

aaabbbb wrote: »
    Fancy new trains ?

Do you mean the regular intercity trains that they're now increasingly using more and more for commuter services ?
    Yeah, that'd be them. Never been on one. Mind you, I normally take the bus, so a train journey is a rare thing for me the last bunch of years.

They're nice though!

mickstupp wrote: »
    Yeah, that'd be them. Never been on one. Mind you, I normally take the bus, so a train journey is a rare thing for me the last bunch of years.

They're nice though!

They're pretty snazzy and cool at off peak times but at peak times there an absolute pain in the arse as they really aren't designed for high capacity commuting at all !

Having said that I love when one pulls up at the station when I'm heading for a night out in town. Nice big comfy chair, decent table for prinks / finishing make up , usually have the carriage basically to yourself at that time and the train itself is a smoother/quieter ride than the ordinary trains :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

aaabbbb wrote: »
    They're pretty snazzy and cool at off peak times but at peak times there an absolute pain in the arse as they really aren't designed for high capacity commuting at all !

Friday afternoons they are a pain with people going home for the weekends.

decisions wrote: »
    Friday afternoons they are a pain with people going home for the weekends.

I can imagine , they've started using them just as much here on The pearse-Connolly-Drogheda - Dundalk line as they would the regular trains. Its such a pain cos most of the seats usually fill up FAST and theres really no standing room except in the aisles which is really impractical.

Theres also little in the way of things to hold on to, such as bars and rails if you are standing compared to the regular trains so it can be a bit of a feat to remain upright the whole way into town !

Boeing777 wrote: »

I'm in third year English, count yourself lucky that you got out early :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

As someone who got an A in LC HL English, I don't mind English as a subject.

I'm in third year English, count yourself lucky that you got out early :(

Is it true that there are no tutorials at all for English? I have none this semester apart from a "seminar" module.

I got an A too but doesn't change the fact that the En150 module is a total joke :p or get rid of the very awkward moment when your lecturer starts crying from reading poetry....

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Boeing777

Yeah but getting an A in LC English doesn't mean you'll be able to write X thousand word essays at university level. I don't hate English I just wouldn't be able to write essays and read copious amounts of books, dramas and poetry.

Is it true that there are no tutorials at all for English? I have none this semester apart from a "seminar" module.

Seminars are basically tutorials where you'll discuss texts/essays with your tutor. They aren't too bad, apart from the essays :P Also, you lose 5 marks for each one you don't attend so make sure you go! :p

Seminars are basically tutorials where you'll discuss texts/essays with your tutor. They aren't too bad, apart from the essays :P Also, you lose 5 marks for each one you don't attend so make sure you go! :p

Ah OK, I have one which is purely seminar and poetry which is all lectures at the moment. A couple tutorials for poetry wouldn't be bad but ah well. And yeah we have been well warned on the attendance for them. :P Wouldn't be too bad if I didn't have an awful tutor. My whole group is a bit pissed off with it.

Ah OK, I have one which is purely seminar and poetry which is all lectures at the moment. A couple tutorials for poetry wouldn't be bad but ah well. And yeah we have been well warned on the attendance for them. :P Wouldn't be too bad if I didn't have an awful tutor. My whole group is a bit pissed off with it.

We had 5 consecutive assignments on "Daffodils" in first year, very bad times. If you keep English on after first year, you're given 9/10 seminar choices with different topics. That lecturer cried reading out a poem when I was in first year too haha

• Advertisement

We had 5 consecutive assignments on "Daffodils" in first year, very bad times. If you keep English on after first year, you're given 9/10 seminar choices with different topics. That lecturer cried reading out a poem when I was in first year too haha

LOL the Daffodils is what I am stuck with now, course must not have changed at all over the last couple of years, that is good to hear more choice after first year. Hopefully next semester with plays and novels will be better. And uh god it is was so awkward. Few people sitting around me with watery eyes and I was just there thinking how much of a cold bastard I am. :P

Advertisement