Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion? 2!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Boeing777

andrew369 wrote: »
    Few people sitting around me with watery eyes and I was just there thinking how much of a cold bastard I am. :P

I'd be the exact same as you, not gonna lie :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Lads, for all of yis who hate English, I did it last year, knew I was going to be dropping it because I was doing a Single Honours, did next to nothing and got a 2:1. That's just with reading the Summary of 2 plays and a Novel. First semester is a lot tougher than 2nd semester and that's a fact! Don't panic, you'll all be fine :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭andrew369

Lads, for all of yis who hate English, I did it last year, knew I was going to be dropping it because I was doing a Single Honours, did next to nothing and got a 2:1. That's just with reading the Summary of 2 plays and a Novel. First semester is a lot tougher than 2nd semester and that's a fact! Don't panic, you'll all be fine :D

That's good to hear :) half wishing I had taken a stab at Psychology instead at the moment. :/ But if English doesn't pick up can just drop it and take Philosophy and Anthropology next year. Either way my employment factor is going to be unreal...

That's good to hear :) half wishing I had taken a stab at Psychology instead at the moment. :/ But if English doesn't pick up can just drop it and take Philosophy and Anthropology next year. Either way my employment factor is going to be unreal...

I don't think anyone's job prospects are the greatest tbh but the most important thing is to do something you're genuinely interested in and not do something just because there's jobs in that sector. If I was to look at the jobs situation I would drop out of college tomorrow (I'm doing a teaching course :rolleyes:).
    On the subject of Philosophy, there's a Philosophy lecture every Wednesday morning before my Chemistry lecture at 10am and anything like the stuff written on the board :eek: I wouldn't be able for that either :pac:

Boeing777 wrote: »
    I don't think anyone's job prospects are the greatest tbh but the most important thing is to do something you're genuinely interested in and not do something just because there's jobs in that sector. If I was to look at the jobs situation I would drop out of college tomorrow (I'm doing a teaching course :rolleyes:).
    On the subject of Philosophy, there's a Philosophy lecture every Wednesday morning before my Chemistry lecture at 10am and anything like the stuff written on the board :eek: I wouldn't be able for that either :pac:

Oh teaching would be something I would not have the patience for :(. And is that in Jh2? Because I have a morals and ethics lecture on Wednesday at 9 there and the board is always just a mess of Greek and German phrases by the end. We don't get Moodle notes either, all just listening weh. :eek:

• Advertisement

Oh teaching would be something I would not have the patience for :(. And is that in Jh2? Because I have a morals and ethics lecture on Wednesday at 9 there and the board is always just a mess of Greek and German phrases by the end. We don't get Moodle notes either, all just listening weh. :eek:

I sometimes think that about teaching too but I'm doing a module that's unbelievable, you'd never be afraid of public speaking again. It's a really good module but so scary :pac:
    Yes, JH2 on a Wednesday. I noticed the greek phrases alright. It looks horrendous every week so I could only imagine what it's like to be there.

I sometimes think that about teaching too but I'm doing a module that's unbelievable, you'd never be afraid of public speaking again. It's a really good module but so scary :pac:
    Yes, JH2 on a Wednesday. I noticed the greek phrases alright. It looks horrendous every week so I could only imagine what it's like to be there.

That sound's brilliant actually. Should be public speaking aid open to all students. Some of the people in my tutorials are really awkward about facing the group, would be a great help.

And it actually isn't too bad, the lecturer explains it all very, very well. Philosophy is just a tiny bit more difficult than Anthropology for me at the moment. And the department is great, haven't had a bad lecturer or encounter with them all, really friendly and helpful. Would like a single honours in Philosophy at Maynooth if it was available. As long as the guys with the Pope as their laptop screen saver weren't doing it of course...they scare me.

That sound's brilliant actually. Should be public speaking aid open to all students. Some of the people in my tutorials are really awkward about facing the group, would be a great help.

And it actually isn't too bad, the lecturer explains it all very, very well. Philosophy is just a tiny bit more difficult than Anthropology for me at the moment. And the department is great, haven't had a bad lecturer or encounter with them all, really friendly and helpful. Would like a single honours in Philosophy at Maynooth if it was available. As long as the guys with the Pope as their laptop screen saver weren't doing it of course...they scare me.

Yeah it really is helpful. I wouldn't have been the most social person last year but I notice myself getting more and more relaxed in social situations which is great. 4 weeks in and the module is already having its effects. I do agree that something similar should be offered to everybody.
    I can't give out too much about Philosophy because I have a module on it next year. You can help me out with it :pac:

Yeah it really is helpful. I wouldn't have been the most social person last year but I notice myself getting more and more relaxed in social situations which is great. 4 weeks in and the module is already having its effects. I do agree that something similar should be offered to everybody.
    I can't give out too much about Philosophy because I have a module on it next year. You can help me out with it :pac:

I am not very social at the moment either. But that is more because my bus home is at 6pm and even making it that long through the day is a challenge. :P What is the module? Didn't think there would be one in education.

I am not very social at the moment either. But that is more because my bus home is at 6pm and even making it that long through the day is a challenge. :P What is the module? Didn't think there would be one in education.

My bus is at 6pm too so I'm usually not very approachable at that time either :pac: And lately I'm being moved from one bus to the other because they're so full so that doesn't help :pac: It's an Education Philosophy module. That's all I know about it at the moment. No idea on what will be covered but I'd imagine it's theories and all that stuff.

• Advertisement

My bus is at 6pm too so I'm usually not very approachable at that time either :pac: And lately I'm being moved from one bus to the other because they're so full so that doesn't help :pac: It's an Education Philosophy module. That's all I know about it at the moment. No idea on what will be covered but I'd imagine it's theories and all that stuff.

I need to find someone to steal a couch off fast :cool: . Oh that is probably just some general history of taught philosophy/education, logic and maybe epistemology (the philosophy of knowing sh*t and making anyone who disagrees with you cry).

I need to find someone to steal a couch off fast :cool: . Oh that is probably just some general history of taught philosophy/education, logic and maybe epistemology (the philosophy of knowing sh*t and making anyone who disagrees with you cry).

I've loads of couches on offer but I never take anyone up on their offer :pac: Yeah I'll have to wait and see what the module is like. Can't say I'm looking forward to it.
    What bus do you get actually?

I've loads of couches on offer but I never take anyone up on their offer :pac: Yeah I'll have to wait and see what the module is like. Can't say I'm looking forward to it.
    What bus do you get actually?

Will be fine the Philosophy lecturers all seem great. :) And the Slevins bus which parks up next to Phoenix, how about you?

Will be fine the Philosophy lecturers all seem great. :) And the Slevins bus which parks up next to Phoenix, how about you?

Finlays, it goes from Phoenix too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Oscars Well.

Finlays 4 lyf x

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Paczini

Guys, does anyone know what the story is with the bus going in Carlow direction? Does it always starts from Aldi? Or are there certain times when it goes from Phoenix? Also how reliable are they cause my bf was trying to take it one day (he wanted to come down to Maynooth) and it never showed up.. I really need to know in case I will stay over one day and I will have to rely on it to be on time for lectures..

Yeah seen those buses, always look packed lol. If you see someone waiting around for the bus looking like an absolute twat smoking a pipe that's me. :P

Yeah seen those buses, always look packed lol. If you see someone waiting around for the bus looking like an absolute twat smoking a pipe that's me. :P

They're ridiculously full. The bus I got last year which always got in quicker is now too full to take people to my bus stop so I've to get the second bus which is a lot slower :mad:

They're ridiculously full. The bus I got last year which always got in quicker is now too full to take people to my bus stop so I've to get the second bus which is a lot slower :mad:

One word to solve all of our problems: Teleporter

One word to solve all of our problems: Teleporter

How about this word; Drive.

• Advertisement

Hmm maybe not good for me. My spatial awareness is horrific walking never mind in a car. Would be like Sheldon in Big Bang Theory.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Oscars Well.

I have zero motivation to do this essay, I never do unless it's the day before it's due :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭aaabbbb

Then you've the issue of the nightmare of trying to find a parking space after 10am

aaabbbb wrote: »
    Then you've the issue of the nightmare of trying to find a parking space after 10am

I know but at least it would only take me 35 minutes in comparison to over an hour on the bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭aaabbbb

I know but at least it would only take me 35 minutes in comparison to over an hour on the bus.

True

Parking situation here is still beyond redickulous !!

Once again...

38422965.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭qwerty1991

Hey is the wifi in the reading room (both nuim and eurodam) not working for anyone else today? Or is it just me :/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

I had to reset my laptop just to access eduroam and NUIMWireless. I NEVER seemed to have any problems with wi-fi signals at home or while using wi-fi in England.

1500 word essay on the Philosophy of Socrates, 1500 word essay on crack dealers in East Harlem and 800 word presentation on the Kant's Categorical Imperative, plus a ton of reading for after Halloween. Sh*t just got real.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Planemo

1500 word essay on the Philosophy of Socrates, 1500 word essay on crack dealers in East Harlem and 800 word presentation on the Kant's Categorical Imperative, plus a ton of reading for after Halloween. Sh*t just got real.
    LOL sounds like a laugh - you can listen to Big L and Tupac "for research" :P

Advertisement