Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion? 2!!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭Doctor Strange

TNR is the easiest to read, imo. I always use it for essays.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

If you can get it, Hoefler Text wins every time on the readability scale.

Also it's darn pretty.

hoeflertext_cell_04.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Wing Dings is the way to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭marko93

Does anyone know if there is many bikes stolen in Maynooth?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Has anyone applied for the Student Assistance Fund? If I was born abroad but to Irish parents and have always been an Irish citizen then where is my country of origin for the purposes of the application form? I'm presuming that it's the country that I'm born is but seeing as I have nowhere else to indicate the rest of the facts I'm not sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭aaabbbb

Has anyone applied for the Student Assistance Fund? If I was born abroad but to Irish parents and have always been an Irish citizen then where is my country of origin for the purposes of the application form? I'm presuming that it's the country that I'm born is but seeing as I have nowhere else to indicate the rest of the facts I'm not sure.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRpeEdMmmQ0 !!!!

Sorry I know that's not helpful , but I couldn't ressist :o

I'd say it'd be where you were born , although you're an Irish ctizen from birth where you were born is where you come/originated from. That's what I'd assume anywy ! Would youre birth cert not be evidence ?

Your best bet is to probably contact the acess office :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

aaabbbb wrote: »
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRpeEdMmmQ0 !!!!

Sorry I know that's not helpful , but I couldn't ressist :o

I'd say it'd be where you were born , although you're an Irish ctizen from birth where you were born is where you come/originated from. That's what I'd assume anywy ! Would youre birth cert not be evidence ?

Your best bet is to probably contact the acess office :)

They don't seem to be asking for any evidence thus the question. It seems like an oddly worded question imo.

They don't seem to be asking for any evidence thus the question. It seems like an oddly worded question imo.

Hum weird....

Athough thinkin about it wouldn't the acess office have all those things/information from when you registered with the college ? maybe thats why they dont ask for proof / i havent a notion though really

Just ell tem you're from north korea ! They'll have to give you money then :p

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭Alt_Grrr

Boeing777 wrote: »
    There's no rules given. I'm Science Education so writing essays is usually foreign to us. We've just been given an assignment to do with no technical information provided.

Just use LaTeX, don't bother thinking about fonts and sizes and crap. It does it for you and the resulting output is more pleasing to read.

Also Bibtex is the only way to do referencing and bibliographies.

And I'd also suggest that everyone use Sublime Text 2 for everything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Thread about blackface in AH... WHY DO I READ THESE THINGS?

• Advertisement

I saw army tanks on the M50 Friday ! Was deadly !!!! i even got to follow them for a bit :D

I saw army tanks on the M50 Friday ! Was deadly !!!! i even got to follow them for a bit :D

They'd be Mowag Piranha I'd say.

Did they have an L plate on the back?

Alt_Grrr wrote: »

Nope , I've seen a few of those before too. Theese were bigger and had what seemed to be gun like things on them. There were also 2 people on top of each with scary masks on (actually looked like gas masks :pac:) they had guns too :)

looked a bit like this ; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobile_Gun_System

There was about 8/10 of them all together !

Nope , I've seen a few of those before too. Theese were bigger and had what seemed to be gun like things on them. There were also 2 people on top of each with scary masks on (actually looked like gas masks :pac:) they had guns too :)

Sometimes you see them in Kilcullen with a driver in training sign or an L-plate on the back.

They leven the mundanity of the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭JayEnnis

Scorpion light tank.

Link

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

Alt_Grrr wrote: »

There were in Maynooth the other day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

Having a little trouble finding some info... can anyone tell me if there are scanners in the place? If so, how much do they cost per image? It's a particular case where I'd rather scans than photocopies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭andrew369

Anyone else ever been in the odd position that their lecture notes fill out more than enough information for their essay and have barely any references? Feeling a strange mix of happiness and paranoia right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Cannot believe Study week is over already. What the fúck where did it go :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

This semester is going so quick like, week 7 already.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭Doctor Strange

I should probably start studying for my exam in January, seeing as I've already failed it twice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭DylanII

Are there still computers in the PACR at Rye Hall?

DylanII wrote: »
    Are there still computers in the PACR at Rye Hall?

Unless you count frobel students as computing machines then no, no there's not :pac:

Though there is probably a computer in each classroom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭DylanII

Unless you count frobel students as computing machines then no, no there's not :pac:

Though there is probably a computer in each classroom

I should probably start studying for my exam in January, seeing as I've already failed it twice.

Third times the charm !! ;)

Bring on January !! I actually can't wait for this to be all over ! Doing just maths has me going stir crazy !!

I even considered going to UCD and doing French and women's studies or sociology !!!! Not that there's anything wrong with those subjects there just the total opposite of what I'm doing right now :pac:

Was even toying with repeating the lc the other day :pac:

DylanII wrote: »

I always thought it smelt a bit funny tbh and it was so weirdly damp/mouldy

They are replacing it however while they build the new Frobel building

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

Today I discovered that those printer/photocopier things in the library are scanners too! AND they do it for free. You can scan straight onto your memory stick. You can even scan multiple pages into a single PDF.

This makes me happy.

It might be a bit sad that it makes me happy...

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Paczini

Does anyone else have problems with internet connection in TH2? I tried NUIMwireless and Eduroam and none of them were working for me. I always have problems with internet in that lecture hall :/

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭qwerty1991

Girl beside me in the reading room left her seat over 2 hours ago. She is at one of the few seats with a plug and even though I have a plug its really irritating me because I know how annoying it is when you need to charge your laptop and there are people like her who dump their stuff at the plug seats and run.

Anything I could do?? Like email someone to take her stuff to lost and found or something??? (Id feel like the biggest bitch ever but this girl is taking the piss tbh)

• Advertisement

Some girl just walked off with my smart pen case by accident in the atc and it has a usb in it with all my notes :(

All I remember is she had blonde hair !!! :(

Advertisement