Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion? 2!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

Paczini wrote: »
    Does anyone else have problems with internet connection in TH2? I tried NUIMwireless and Eduroam and none of them were working for me. I always have problems with internet in that lecture hall :/

Steam hardy works for me at all. I've found most software other than browsers can't access the internet here.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

GarIT wrote: »
    Steam hardy works for me at all. I've found most software other than browsers can't access the internet here.

I'm pretty sure that that's deliberate. Trying to stop torrenting and the like. Spotify works though and sky on demand.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

I'm pretty sure that that's deliberate. Trying to stop torrenting and the like. Spotify works though and sky on demand.

My initial thought was that it was just because of how terrible the campus internet is but now I'm thinking they may have blocked the ports for anything other than basic internet access.

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Paczini

GarIT wrote: »
    My initial thought was that it was just because of how terrible the campus internet is but now I'm thinking they may have blocked the ports for anything other than basic internet access.
    Afaik access to torrents, some streaming sites (and very possibly +18 websites) are blocked on campus. But tbh I cant get any internet in TH2, it's working for me perfectly everywhere else on campus!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

aaabbbb wrote: »
    Some girl just walked off with my smart pen case by accident in the atc and it has a usb in it with all my notes :(

All I remember is she had blonde hair !!! :(

Ah shyte! Go in and ask Simon if him or someone else in the ATC can send a message around to the people on the sign in list from the day you were in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭aaabbbb

Seren_ wrote: »
    Ah shyte! Go in and ask Simon if him or someone else in the ATC can send a message around to the people on the sign in list from the day you were in.

Already did ! There were only 9 people who bothered to sign in for the entire day and all those were from well before I was there this afternoon.

They checked the pc she was on too to see if they could get her student number from the last users logged in on that computer but they couldn't get it , only the time she logged in and out :(

I gave simon my phone number so he said he'd call if anyone drops it back in

So girl out there with blonde hair and woolly hat , who was in the ATC between 13:00 and 13:18 who seems to have picked up my case can I have it back ?! Pretty please ! ? :(

I just have a quick stupid questions. I know that it says that no late documentation will be accepted for Student Assistance Fund but how likely is it that I'm gonna get extension? (reasons why I dont have it: my landlord just gave me my lease last night, my co co didnt approve my grant yet and they have my p21s, even if they will approve it by friday I cannot come down to Maynooth due to family difficulties). I emailed Rose in Access office (and explained everything in detail) but I really dont know what to expect...

To add to my many questions lately...

Has anyone done an article before? What's the ay to write one? Do you need to bring other sources and a bibliography?

Anyone else having problems trying to top up on the my card website atm?

Bear in mind that I've never actually tried it before but every time that I click the €10 top up opting it just brings me back to the log in screen. It's the same with other options too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭andrew369

Anyone else having problems trying to top up on the my card website atm?

Bear in mind that I've never actually tried it before but every time that I click the €10 top up opting it just brings me back to the log in screen. It's the same with other options too?

I can only get on the site using a proxy server then the exact same thing happens while trying to top up. The whole cashless campus plan isn't going very well when so few places actually accept the card and then the site doesn't even work.

• Advertisement

andrew369 wrote: »
    I can only get on the site using a proxy server then the exact same thing happens while trying to top up. The whole cashless campus plan isn't going very well when so few places actually accept the card and then the site doesn't even work.

Yup, can't get it to work at all. And I'm STARVING! :(
    ATM on campus wasn't working earlier either so it'll be a while before I can get fed!

Do you have to use the website to put money on your card, or are there any machines around campus where you can do it (like the ones that there used to be for the print cards)? I've no idea how to print on campus outside the ATC now and it's very annoying.

Do you have to use the website to put money on your card, or are there any machines around campus where you can do it (like the ones that there used to be for the print cards)? I've no idea how to print on campus outside the ATC now and it's very annoying.

There's machines in the arts block and the library where you can put cash onto your card.

Just to your left as you walk in through the main doors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

To your right no? Chill don't accepy MyCard anymore. What a total ****ing disaster. Best coffee and fry on campus.

To your right no? Chill don't accepy MyCard anymore. What a total ****ing disaster. Best coffee and fry on campus.

Right would be the correct direction. I don't know how I managed to get that wrong!

Do they not? Odd and pretty bad move on their part.

Yeah saw a sign on the door yesterday saying they no longer accept them. Maybe I read it wrong as I was in my pre coffee daze.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

I wish the Bewleys in the Arts block would take the card.

Unless they do and I'm just an idiot...........

mickstupp wrote: »
    I wish the Bewleys in the Arts block would take the card.

Unless they do and I'm just an idiot...........

They don't...

• Advertisement

SO where does accept it then?

SO where does accept it then?

That I know of: Phoenix, Starbucks, Library vending machines, Library desk, Residence office,
    I think: Londis and the book shop

It's a bit crap when you list them alright

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

I looked at some of the vending machines in Arts yesterday and couldn't figure out if I could use the card in them or not. I gave up. I had no chocolate. It was a dark afternoon.

mickstupp wrote: »
    I looked at some of the vending machines in Arts yesterday and couldn't figure out if I could use the card in them or not. I gave up. I had no chocolate. It was a dark afternoon.
    Afaik you can only use cash in them and My Cards only in the library vending machines

I actually don't think Chill takes cards at all anymore, not just MyCard.

I actually don't think Chill takes cards at all anymore, not just MyCard.

Really? Crap

I think so anyway - unless I misread/dreamt up the sign on the till saying it. Which is a realistic possibility :P

ehmahgerd I can't wait for tomorrow (or indeed actually later today).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Hang on - The SU Londis doesn't take the MyCard?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Eggy Baby!

Afaik access to torrents, some streaming sites (and very possibly +18 websites) are blocked on campus.

Damn!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭DylanII

Does anyone know if it is possible for a Student/Society to get access to the email all student list?

We have a pretty big opportunity for 10 students and want to know if it is possible to email everyone?

Advertisement