Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion? 2!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭BillyMitchel

How so Joe wrote: »
    Says the guy whose location is 'under your bed'...

Ha then I also started thinking I hope to god this lad doesn't look through my boards posts!!

He'll be grand !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

The writing center is such a great resource. Had an app there earlier and found it really useful.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Boeing777

andrew369 wrote: »
    Feel left out as a commuter pretty much. Good few weeks in now and haven't been able to go to any society events or get to know anyone at all. My fault for not putting in the effort but feels too late to get in on anything now. Alone in a crowd sort of is best way to describe it. Then the course is alright, not great. English is completely different to what I thought it would be. Went from loving it during the LC to hating it now. Anthropology is alright but can't see myself doing 3 years of it. I love philosophy and the department seems pretty good but at the moment it feels like a hobby course for people to take during first year than an actual solid course, bit easy too. Entire class seems to be a mixture of theology students and people with no actual interest in the subject. Frustrating in tutorials or just trying to talk to someone in lectures, just come away feeling like a swot. :(

I agree totally with the commuting. I'm now in second year and I now barely anybody on my bus. It's not because I'm being antisocial it's because nobody wants to have a chat at 7:30am or 6pm. Still to this day I sit alone on the bus and know essentially no one. I'm free pretty much every morning and evening so If you ever want to meet up just let me know because our buses go from the exact same place. I know first hand the struggles of trying to make conversation with people so I'd have no problem meeting up with you if you wanted.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,775 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Where are you commuting from? I am a commuter too. It my 4th year in the college, and I'm back in first year. You'd think I'd be sick of the place by now but honestly I'm not. I really do find the place friendly, lectures and fellow students. I can't imagine it being like this in any of the other universities.

Andrew or Boeing, are you on the slevins bus from Dublin west by any chance?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Boeing777

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Andrew or Boeing, are you on the slevins bus from Dublin west by any chance?

I think Andrew mentioned before that he's with Slevins. I'm with Finlays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭andrew369

Yeah I am on the Slevin's through west Dublin.

Yeah I am on the Slevin's through west Dublin.

Must have a chat to you about philosophy on the bus so!

Must have a chat to you about philosophy on the bus so!

Ah same bus? Cool :) never spotted anyone from the bus in the lectures lol

Ah same bus? Cool :) never spotted anyone from the bus in the lectures lol

Yes indeed. Neither have I, hence the question :P

• Advertisement

LOL actually think I might know who you are. This is going to sound creepy but where you by any chance talking to a blonde girl about going on a TV show with a politics class a few days ago?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

tumblr_m13fmrL5IO1rog90no1_500.gif

LOL actually think I might know who you are. This is going to sound creepy but where you by any chance talking to a blonde girl about going on a TV show with a politics class a few days ago?

Hahaha yes that was infact me! I am ashamed to say I haven't a clue who you are :( most of my journeys are spent asleep!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,624 ✭✭✭TheBody

Could this be a future wedding on our hands!!!! :D

Do I come across as female? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Planemo

Well in fairness, your sig is very 'girly girl' :P

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Do I come across as female? :pac:

I thought that you were...

Does anyone know if the medical centre will give me a support bandage if I ask it would I have to get a full check over first?

I thought that you were...

Does anyone know if the medical centre will give me a support bandage if I ask it would I have to get a full check over first?

Sure no harm in having a bandage on it even before you get it checked. Especially if it is swollen.

Pugsy: are you not called after that lad from the Australian kids programme? Forget its name but it was about a highschool band.

Song went: no body tells me what to say, no not me? No body tells me what to do, no not me!! Forget the rest.

Its not named after anyone tbh, its just a nickname I've had for years. Don't know that song at all! Most people think my username is related to the children in need bear Pudsey, but that's not the case either.

Sure no harm in having a bandage on it even before you get it checked. Especially if it is swollen.

Pugsy: are you not called after that lad from the Australian kids programme? Forget its name but it was about a highschool band.

Song went: no body tells me what to say, no not me? No body tells me what to do, no not me!! Forget the rest.

It's not badly swollen but I'm sure that I've bruised the bone or at least the muscles. It shouldn't hurt this much. I've been limping around campus like a dope all day! Running, or attempting to, to catch the train and then watch it leave as I got to the platform didn't help either! I'll get myself a bandage when I get home anyway.

• Advertisement

It's not badly swollen but I'm sure that I've bruised the bone or at least the muscles. It shouldn't hurt this much. I've been limping around campus like a dope all day! Running, or attempting to, to catch the train and then watch it leave as I got to the platform didn't help either! I'll get myself a bandage when I get home anyway.

Bag of ice and a bandage and you'll be grand!

Hey did I see before that you're a law student?!

Bag of ice and a bandage and you'll be grand!

Hey did I see before that you're a law student?!

I sure am! In final year of BCL now.

I sure am! In final year of BCL now.

Did you did much moot court? Have my first mock trial tomorrow. 99% certain I'm fully prepared but any hints or tips?!

Did you did much moot court? Have my first mock trial tomorrow. 99% certain I'm fully prepared but any hints or tips?!

I'm no help. I started in 09 and back in those days we didn't have Moot Court! Sorry!

I'm no help. I started in 09 and back in those days we didn't have Moot Court! Sorry!

Awh crap :( thanks anyway :)

Planemo wrote: »

That's the focker right there. Thank you! Showing my age though :(

That's the focker right there. Thank you! Showing my age though :(
    Ah I remember it from the reruns about 10 years ago.
    If there's anything worse than Australian kids TV I don't want to know about it.

Awh crap :( thanks anyway :)

It can't go as bad as my friends one a couple weeks back. Hard to be a defense lawyer when the main witness never read the case and made up facts on the spot, all the defense sides preparation just went down the drain.

• Advertisement

It can't go as bad as my friends one a couple weeks back. Hard to be a defense lawyer when the main witness never read the case and made up facts on the spot, all the defense sides preparation just went down the drain.

Witnesses in a moot?

Advertisement