Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion? 2!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

And yet it's still next-to-impossible to find an academic calendar on that site. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

Ok folks, so what's the story here. Are they the same pamphlets as before or is more added?

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Boeing777

Yeah I think I prefer the old site. I don't like the way there's more clicking to find the email and moodle links even if it's just one extra click :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

Boeing777 wrote: »
    What does everyone think of the new NUIM website? Trying to decide if I like it or not.
    I think it's a pile of ****e.
    And all the department sites I've gone to, I think the new staff photos are all woeful too, compared to the old ones.
    Yeah I think I prefer the old site. I don't like the way there's more clicking to find the email and moodle links even if it's just one extra click
    I never do the clicking, I just type:
    webmail.nuim.ie
    moodle.nuim.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 10,775 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Thwip! wrote: »
    Ok folks, so what's the story here. Are they the same pamphlets as before or is more added?

Same blue and pink ones. They had a shedload of literature to give out though. One of the books was called "pure love" or something, from the author of previous titles such as "find your soulmate without losing your soul". I **** you not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,624 ✭✭✭TheBody

Yeah I think I prefer the old site. I don't like the way there's more clicking to find the email and moodle links even if it's just one extra click :pac:

I hate that too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    One of the books was called "pure love" or something, from the author of previous titles such as "find your soulmate without losing your soul".
    But can I get a better one if I sell my soul?
    And if so... who would I call about that?
    Cause I have a spare that I'm not using...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Same blue and pink ones. They had a shedload of literature to give out though. One of the books was called "pure love" or something, from the author of previous titles such as "find your soulmate without losing your soul". I **** you not.

So....Stephanie Meyer books? #2009Jokes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭andrew369

mickstupp wrote: »
    Are there new pamphlets? Or are these just the same ones being handed out again?

I was stirring my coffee beside a chastity table or something today at about 5. I heard this earnest young man deep in conversation with a lady. He was telling her about how evolution has no scientific basis whatsoever. Methinks he has no idea what the Vatican's position is on anything.

Assuming he's Catholic...
    Thwip! wrote: »
    So....Stephanie Meyer books? #2009Jokes

Better love story than Twilight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

I had the bants with the ones at the chastity table and the pro-life soc, who were beside them. The chastity people don't believe in using contraception! I didn't know people like that actually existed any more. They were saying they're thinking of setting up a society for it? One thing that really annoys me about those leaflets is the absolute lack of control that they believe people have over their sexual urges, especially men.

Good craic with the pro-lifers. Did you know a embryo has a heartbeat at 6 days after conception apparently :rolleyes: Like I've no issue with people believing whatever, but use actual scientific facts to back up your arguments. I have to say though, that they all took my debating in good spirits and didn't get angry and call names, which tends to happen in these cases. I wasn't even called a pro-abort!!

• Advertisement

They seemed nice actually, which worries me. People pushing these views are generally troglodytes. I agree about control thing, suggesting that a woman must dress modestly as to not tempt men is ridiculous in the extreme.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 quaverlou

can I confirm that I am not encouraging people to complain about this issue in particular. Ive seen posts saying what are the su going to do about this and I am simply saying we cant do anything unless we receive complaints to act on and giving the option to contact us, just like any other issue that arises.

Emailed my complaint there.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Does anyone know when the next grant instalment is due or does everyone get it on different days?

deise_girl wrote: »
    Does anyone know when the next grant instalment is due or does everyone get it on different days?

SUSI's next pay date is 20th of December. I could be doing with it now :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Co Co grants are next out around Jan afaik

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

SUSI's next pay date is 20th of December. I could be doing with it now :rolleyes:
    Co Co grants are next out around Jan afaik

Meant to specify it was the susi grants I meant! Thanks I was only awarded it recently so was hoping I wouldnt be waiting too long for the next lot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭JellyBeans92

Does anyone know what the opening hours for the Computer Science labs (specificially labs 3 and 4 downstairs) is?
    Just this is the first weekend where I've tried to use them on a Saturday and found them locked (I've used them before on a Saturday with no problems).
    Like a lot of people I've quite an amoutn of work to finish off for next week, I've no working laptop and the PACR computers don't have half the programs I need..
    :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

Does anyone know what the opening hours for the Computer Science labs (specificially labs 3 and 4 downstairs) is?
    Just this is the first weekend where I've tried to use them on a Saturday and found them locked (I've used them before on a Saturday with no problems).
    Like a lot of people I've quite an amoutn of work to finish off for next week, I've no working laptop and the PACR computers don't have half the programs I need..
    :pac:

Assuming you're a comp science student go around to the white doors and swipe your card to let yourself in. I think security are responsible for opening hours so ask them if you can't get in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭JellyBeans92

I can swipe in, but the actual labs are locked =L
    Now in the library and not quite brave enough to face the elements again..
    Does anyone know what the opening hours for the labs are supposed to be anyway? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭Alt_Grrr

I can swipe in, but the actual labs are locked =L
    Now in the library and not quite brave enough to face the elements again..
    Does anyone know what the opening hours for the labs are supposed to be anyway? :)

If they are locked, you can ask security to open them for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 obob24

Quick question, do tutorials change next semester? As do, do we get to pick times again?

obob24 wrote: »
    Quick question, do tutorials change next semester? As do, do we get to pick times again?

Depends on the subject. What are you studying?

Feck the library and this stupid essay. Have another 500 words or so to do before I need to hand it in at 5pm, which I suppose isn't so bad. I'm just wrecked though.

A large percentage of this essay is pure bullshít. MY HEAD IS SORE. Also the blue chairs in the old part of the library are comfortable to lie on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭andrew369

Sweet zombie Jesus the SU was insane today, think I spilled about 10 peoples drinks just moving around. Will go into the village or just bring my own drink next year. Won't have any hyper aggressive security to deal with either that way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Yeah have to venture out tonight for a friends birthday. Haven't had a drink yet and the place is going to be manic. Not really looking forward to it :/

• Registered Users Posts: 11 obob24

Seren_ wrote: »
    Depends on the subject. What are you studying?

Really just wondering about French tutorials!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

This is why it helps that Omega, MINDS and a few other societies are having a party tomorrow to deter you from drinking tonight. :pac:

Commuting on Christmas Day never fails to provide some sort of drama. I thought getting an earlier bus home would eliminate the drunks, but no :rolleyes: It was nowhere near as bad as last year though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭aaabbbb

Commuting on Christmas Day never fails to provide some sort of drama. I thought getting an earlier bus home would eliminate the drunks, but no :rolleyes: It was nowhere near as bad as last year though!

Sure there was people cracking open cans in my lecture this morning at 10 am so I'm not surprised. Ive no idea why they bothered coming to class tbh

Advertisement