Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion? 2!!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

aaabbbb wrote: »
    Sure there was people cracking open cans in my lecture this morning at 10 am so I'm not surprised. Ive no idea why they bothered coming to class tbh

Cans opened in my 9 am lecture. And half of CS 141 were locked for the exam at 4 :P Aiden was confiscating cans, some people were out cold on the desks ect.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Boeing777

aaabbbb wrote: »
    Sure there was people cracking open cans in my lecture this morning at 10 am so I'm not surprised. Ive no idea why they bothered coming to class tbh

I had a Biology MCQ worth a fair bit of CA and the majority turned up drunk or thereabouts. Chaos.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭aaabbbb

Boeing777 wrote: »
    I had a Biology MCQ worth a fair bit of CA and the majority turned up drunk or thereabouts. Chaos.

I can imagine , I mean I prob sound like a cranky aul bat but for something like that especially could they not just wait 'till after ? I mean they have the whole day/ night ahead of them a few hours wont kill you !!

Also I was still hungover from Saturday night so to be greeted by the smell of beer this morning was interesting....

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Paczini

obob24 wrote: »
    Really just wondering about French tutorials!
    French tutorials stay the same unless you change them personally with Deirdre

• Registered Users Posts: 18,142 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I christen tonight Drunkpocylpse, it is crazy out there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,775 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

There were people paraplegic drunk by 2pm, madness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Yeah it was rough last night. I was in the Roost though and it was actually surprisingly ok. The queue was insane but we got in through the other door. Seemed to be that between the Roost and Mantra "building" queues people were deterred from going in anywhere so decided to stay out on the street causing hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

More emails today :mad:

Anyone else in favour of a ban on socs you haven't signed up to emailing you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

GarIT wrote: »
    More emails today :mad:

Anyone else in favour of a ban on socs you haven't signed up to emailing you?

Its a bit ridiculous at this stage. Something like a weekly email with all of the events in it would be grand, but separate emails for each is too much. I just delete them without reading now like.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

I reckon a weekly email with all society or SU related news in one place would be better. Not that it bothers me currently, but some organisation wouldn't hurt.

• Advertisement

Is weekly not too much? What about the people who don't want to know anything at all about them? 1 email is spam if it isn't asked for. We should be more like UCD and issues fines if the clubs or socs attempt to contact non members.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Boeing777

How many times can they tell us about Free Legal Aid? We get the message.

GarIT wrote: »
    Is weekly not too much? What about the people who don't want to know anything at all about them? 1 email is spam if it isn't asked for. We should be more like UCD and issues fines if the clubs or socs attempt to contact non members.
    Clubs and socs don't have access to the all-student email list (or at least they didn't in my committee days), so it has to be someone else sending it out on their behalf.

I am so overwhelmed with work at the minute. And my week is so busy that I barely have time to actually do any of it.

Seren_ wrote: »
    Clubs and socs don't have access to the all-student email list (or at least they didn't in my committee days), so it has to be someone else sending it out on their behalf.

I think it is fairly easy to get the college to agree to send it out. I think they should split all student list into, charities list, clubs list, socs list, events list and you can subscribe to anything you want and keep all students for essential info.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

It's likely a lot of someone-on-a-few-committees doin' some crossover on the aul email lists.

It seems to be a lot easier then it used to be to an all student email sent out these days anyways! You had to having a pretty big/important event if you wanted one sent out in the past, and even then a lot of the time it wouldn't be done.

I like your list idea, but I think one weekly email for all with an opt-in/opt-out system would be good. Just to keep it as tidy as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭JayEnnis

andrew369 wrote: »
    Sweet zombie Jesus the SU was insane today, think I spilled about 10 peoples drinks just moving around. Will go into the village or just bring my own drink next year. Won't have any hyper aggressive security to deal with either that way.

There's a reason there's "hyper aggressive security" and that's to keep you safe. Did they manhandle you? No. Just talked at you loudly more than likely. Which when you're surrounded by 1000 drunk people needs to be done. I'm sure you were sober enough but it's impossible to differentiate. Put yourself in their shoes.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭littleblackDRS

There's is nothing more soul destroying than watching a load of people creeping on facebook in the library while your waiting to print your essay.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

There's is nothing more soul destroying than watching a load of people creeping on facebook in the library while your waiting to print your essay.

Even worse when you realise it's your facebook they're creeping on.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

I'd just walk up to one of them and say "sorry, I have to get my easy printed. Would you mind letting me jump on for a minute or two and then I'll let you return to your 'work'"

• Advertisement

Hah! Just realised that between now and the 3rd of February I'll have to commute a grand total of two days. This makes me incredibly happy. Commuting sucks. I'm having a vending machine hot chocolate to celebrate.

That's both sad and tasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭aaabbbb

I drove home early to treat myself for making it to all my lectures and generally doing well this semester to the best ice cream ever (hot fudge oreo brownie caramel sundae ) in the best ice cream place ever !! BUT IT WAS CLOSED =( IM DEVASTATED !!!! Also it was stew for dinner YUCK !!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Stew is one of those "foods" that should have been forgotten by the time electricity was widespread in Ireland. *retches*

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭marko93

Stew is one of those "foods" that should have been forgotten by the time electricity was widespread in Ireland. *retches*

Obviously never had a good stew.

Stew is in my top five favourite meals.
    Not only is it amazing when done right... it's even amazinger the next day! With chips!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,624 ✭✭✭TheBody

I LOVE stew. I'd have it every day if I could.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

If I go to the medical centre at either 11 or 2 would there be a chance that I'd get out within the hour? I hate my busy Fridays

• Registered Users Posts: 31 kragenmore

is it just me or did the international page put a list of non-EU partners down instead of erasmus ones?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

How is semester 1 over already?? :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 pleb41

Does anyone know what days the sports centre/gym is open over the Christmas period?

Advertisement