Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion? 2!!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 912 ✭✭✭Norrdeth

Really liking my new studio monitors, although they really make everything sound so bare and uninteresting. Guess I have to get better at mixing so...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭Fbjm

Ah you got to love anything music and techy :P My aunt is studying music in BCFE, she just got in a whole load of mics and equipment etc., says she's set up to have a great summer now :D

Actually, that's all I really need now: a good stereo mic!
    I have a H4n but it's only useful for field recording and small gigs

Yeah, but at the same time don't put too much faith in them. I was practicing with recording equipment for a CD I'll be helping out with on Monday, and all you could hear off the crappy keyboard they had there was "click click click" :rolleyes: Plus, I heard some american dj was asked to pick his favourite mic of three just by listening, and he put a $30 one over one worth a grand! It's all in the taste of the individual if you ask me.

Hmm, usually keyboards are rooted straight to the mixer.
    But I can see why some people might use a mic.

The last mic I recorded with (AKG C3000, Link) was very nice so I'm thinking of buying that if the money comes around!

• Advertisement

Funnily enough, that's the exact same mic we used for the keyboards :P Admittedly we were also using an instrument mic on the other side, but that's a mad coincidence. Must be a popular one.

Cool, were you working with Martin O'Shea by any chance?
    He let me use his one!

No, it had nothing to nuim. Just a side project, someone's making a CD and wanted me to put some of my stuff on there. Couldn't think of a reason not to, I love working in studios!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭How so Joe

No Leaving certs hanging around this morning. They must all be doing something. Can't think what!

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,221 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Accepted a post-graduate position in NUIM so guess I'll be seeing ye come September or so :)

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

That's great, well done!

Does anyone know if you're allowed to use the lockers over the summer?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭barleybooley

Accepted a post-graduate position in NUIM so guess I'll be seeing ye come September or so :)

Which department? WHICH DAMMIT?!

Which department? WHICH DAMMIT?!
    Biology, Prof. Sean Doyle specifically

Biology, Prof. Sean Doyle specifically

Ah, Biology, the arts subject of the science disciplines :P Congrats, Sir/Madame :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭DB21

Ah, Biology, the arts subject of the science disciplines :P

OI!!!!!!!

Ah, Biology, the arts subject of the science disciplines :P Congrats, Sir/Madame :D
    Apart from the whole 'getting a job' aspect :p

It's sir, and thank you :)

ARTS anyone?

drinking_fountains.png

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭Alt_Grrr

Apart from the whole 'getting a job' aspect :p

You seem to have confused biology with CS, a simple mistake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭DB21

Y'all been drinking haterade

DB21 wrote: »
    Y'all been drinking haterade

Haterade is great. I also enjoy lemonade.

• Advertisement

LOOOL!...

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Wendero

Is there anyone here doing a PhD in Maynooth? What funding is available, more than the John Hume scholarship? The JH scholarship includes tuition fees + 5000 euro per year, but seems kind of tough to live on that... do PhD students regularly take on research and teaching assistantships? How much does that pay?

Wendero wrote: »
    Is there anyone here doing a PhD in Maynooth? What funding is available, more than the John Hume scholarship?

Depends on what your looking to research. Some academics have secured their own funding which covers students to work on prescribed research or in areas which fit under a broad heading.

The other major option is IRCSET (for sciences) or IRHSS (Humanities).
    Wendero wrote: »
    The JH scholarship includes tuition fees + 5000 euro per year, but seems kind of tough to live on that... do PhD students regularly take on research and teaching assistantships? How much does that pay?

Yes. And again, that depends.

IRCHSS for Humanities

opps, my bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Duddy

Here's a short survey for NUIM students on how to improve university-student relations, responses would be most appreciated!:)
    Dear fellow student,

This survey is part of a research initiative for my Business Masters degree. I am conducting research into the relationship that students have with their University and how the experience with your University may be improved through the use of a Customer Relationship Management process.

There are a total of 23 questions and the completion of the survey should take less than 5 minutes.

All participation in this survey is voluntary and confidential.

I thank you in advance for you support.

Grainne Mooney

grainne.mooney.2012@nuim.ie

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/FVFVRHN

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭How so Joe

Done! Awh yeah. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭girlonfire

^ + 1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Apparently Holland & Barrett is going to be opening in Manor Mills where Click used to be, might be somewhere to throw in a CV into if anyone's looking for work.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Apparently Holland & Barrett is going to be opening in Manor Mills where Click used to be, might be somewhere to throw in a CV into if anyone's looking for work.

Click is gone?! Shows how long it's been since I was in Manor Mills...

Advertisement