Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion? 2!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

There's also the fact that it's held after Christmas, exams are the last thing on your mind when you're digging into Christmas turkey or when you're getting shitfaced on NYE.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭marko93

Exams are in like 2 weeks, I'm okay with this :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,624 ✭✭✭TheBody

400575_587650167973015_1459089142_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

I'm the complete opposite. Winter exams are so much more relaxed for me. I know there's that much more time to study so I get way better marks. Summer exams are nothing but stress filled migraine fests for me.

There's two weeks to these things. Even if you have six exams in a row starting Saturday week, that's still time to give more or less two days study to each exam. If you plan it right, the way things are spread out, you might get three days for each exam. That's an easy bunch of 2.1's. 1sts if you have a bit of luck with the questions. /opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 18,142 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I have one on Saturday and one on Monday two weeks in a row, also still owe four assignments, two due next monday other two a few weeks ago, do departments take bribes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Jesus was in mantra on Saturday for the first time in well over a year. 5.90 a pint! **** that. And they tasted like ****e. Will not be going back there in a hurry. Absolute robbery.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭aaabbbb

Jesus was in mantra on Saturday for the first time in well over a year. 5.90 a pint! **** that. And they tasted like ****e. Will not be going back there in a hurry. Absolute robbery.

Genuinely read that as Jesus , the man himself being in Mantra celebrating his 2000nth somtethingth birthday :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

Must have been on the cheep beer so, Heineken is €7.50

• Registered Users Posts: 5,624 ✭✭✭TheBody

I've never been in Mantra and after hearing those prices, I won't either. I wouldn't pay that in Temple Bar.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Picking assignments over NYE. I have reached a new low...

• Advertisement

Mantra's high prices is the reason I prefer the Roost. That, and the Roost has a nightclub of its own.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭peacock169

Started my study "plan" on Monday just gone. Done a bit. A little less yesterday, taking today off(football on). This is going to end in tears. How the hell do i get motivated??

peacock169 wrote: »
    Started my study "plan" on Monday just gone. Done a bit. A little less yesterday, taking today off(football on). This is going to end in tears. How the hell do i get motivated??
    Hmm... repeats cost 60 quid a pop?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Feeling so overwhelmed with these exams.. Thinking positively i've another day to finish all my notes and then 7 full days to learn the ****e out of them.

Bring me back to first year, everything was nicer there

I've noticed something. Many journal articles, and conference paper titles, have a bunch of words, then a colon, then another bunch of words.

"Blah Blah the Blah: A Blah Stupidy Study Ism"

Why do so many of them have colons? I'm beginning to think it's because they are often closely related to excrement, either in their content, or in how far the writers are up their own behinds.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭I Am_Not_Ice

Ah the joys of being a graduate...no exams, no essays, no theses. Bliss.
    Sorry, just have to rub it in... :)

341.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭Doctor Strange

Jimmies status

Rustled [x]
    Unrustled [ ]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Place is a ghost town today. Spooky.

MCR baby seems to have a kindird spirit amungst us in the library today. I just had to sit through the black parade in its entiirety , cos some girl doesnt realise how loud her ipod seems to be playing it and that it can be heard halfway across the library :mad:

Though I did find myself dancing along at some bits and quietly reminicing my angry meloncolic teenage years. Oh those were the days....! :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

aaabbbb wrote: »
    MCR baby seems to have a kindird spirit amungst us in the library today. I just had to sit through the black parade in its entiirety , cos some girl doesnt realise how loud her ipod seems to be playing it and that it can be heard halfway across the library :mad:

Though I did find myself dancing along at some bits and quietly reminicing my angry meloncolic teenage years. Oh those were the days....! :P

Would you not have gone over to her? I've done that plenty of times! Someone was listening to their iPod through "headphones" which weren't connected...they were mortified when I said it, but it had to be done!

kellief wrote: »
    Would you not have gone over to her? I've done that plenty of times! Someone was listening to their iPod through "headphones" which weren't connected...they were mortified when I said it, but it had to be done!

I'm far too shy to do that unfortunately though I'd love to be able to. :o

Theres also the possibility that I was secretly enjoying the music as it was a good way to distract me from the monotony of study :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

aaabbbb wrote: »
    I'm far too shy to do that unfortunately though I'd love to be able to. :o

Theres also the possibility that I was secretly enjoying the music as it was a good way to distract me from the monotony of study :pac:

I've done it but not in a nasty way, just an FYI you're music is ridiculous, could ya shurrup, but thanks, kinda way!! :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

When do you usually get the results of the Christmas exams?
    Im mentally preparing myself for seeing that ive failed already :(

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

deise_girl wrote: »

It depends on the department. You don't get an official list of results for Jan exams. The History department for example posts them up in the department while the law dept... (I can't remember what they do but I'm pretty sure that its over moodle!)

• Registered Users Posts: 31 kragenmore

am i right in thinking that parking won't be enforced tomorrow?
    related question: does anyone know what you can do if you have to use a car other than the one registered on your permit? can you call up parking and let them know and be grand or is it more complicated?

deise_girl wrote: »

You don't get your results officially until the summer all results for the year come out together. 99% of the time you will get them unofficially within the first three weeks back. When/if and how you get them is up to the department and lecturer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭Doctor Strange

On my third attempt at the same exam, I finally understand what I'm trying to learn :')

On my third attempt at the same exam, I finally understand what I'm trying to learn :')

I know the feeling so well at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭marko93

Looking at an exam paper and thinking feck, I haven't a clue what this is about. Then I realised it was the labs, thank jasus.

Advertisement