Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion? 2!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

The amount of people and the amount of noise in the library beside the stairs today was crazy when I was leaving at 4. Was it like that all day? I was in the old part of the library and the only noise all day was from people coming in from the new part. Would have driven me mental trying to study with that noise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭andrew369

The week before exams was a really bad time to start watching Breaking Bad, I can't stop :(

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Planemo

Start next Tuesday, finish 23rd. Don't mind as I need the extra study time. 3rd year physics - pray4Planemo.
    kragenmore wrote: »
    if i were to fail exams this year, and i had to repeat in august, would i still be able to do erasmus next year or no?
    IIRC, Erasmus yes (provided you pass), study abroad no.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Capt Picard

First exam tomorrow of 3, not bad at all only their my last year exams so feeling the pressure today :(

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Boeing777

Jealous of everyone with 3 exams and less. I've 6 exams :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Psychology? :p I am in absolute bits about Relational Frame Theory. Just want it over :(

I JUST CANT

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭marko93

Boeing777 wrote: »
    Jealous of everyone with 3 exams and less. I've 6 exams :(

Same here! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

TheBody wrote: »
    400575_587650167973015_1459089142_n.jpg

Or having a competition to see how many grapes you can hold in your cheeks with LittleBlackDRS.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭JayEnnis

Anyone have any tips for MN220? I always had to miss it because I was too busy getting everyone else drunk :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

I've no exams

lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭andrew369

For English I have 2 modules, 1 being 100% CA and the other 100% exam based. I received a 1.1 for the CA module so does that mean I can pass by compensation in the exam or is that only for modules with exams?

andrew369 wrote: »
    For English I have 2 modules, 1 being 100% CA and the other 100% exam based. I received a 1.1 for the CA module so does that mean I can pass by compensation in the exam or is that only for modules with exams?

Compensation is based on your end of year mark rather than exam result. However you need a minimum of 25% in every exam (not relevant but a minimum of 25% in CA too). You usually need a minimum of 35% in a written exam of something you will be studying next year. Some modules do not allow compensation at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

andrew369 wrote: »

yerp. I had it the other way round last year, failed that 100% C.A. module (lol) and compensated using one of the other 3 exams I did pretty well in

Hypothetically speaking, if I was to overall fail maths this year would I have to repeat provided I pass all my other exams?

I'm in 2nd CSSE and next year maths is dropped regardless!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭jubella

All this 'what happens if I fail' talk is making me nervous :(

marko93 wrote: »
    Hypothetically speaking, if I was to overall fail maths this year would I have to repeat provided I pass all my other exams?

If you get under 25% yes. But you can go infront of a university board and sometimes they will make allowances, you would however have to make up the credits by taking an extra module or the same module again next year, which might not be possible for you because you'll be on your internship.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭aaabbbb

If it's a required module then yes you need to pass , by compensation or otherwise (bribery, extortion,theft etc)

I'm repeating maths this year just to drop it next year , super fun ! :cool:

GarIT wrote: »
    If you get under 25% yes. But you can go infront of a university board and sometimes they will make allowances, you would however have to make up the credits by taking an extra module or the same module again next year, which might not be possible for you because you'll be on your internship.

For instance if my overall result was something like 34%, would I have to repeat then?

I don't think I'll fail, I'm just curious as to how this works considering we HAVE to drop it!

For instance if my overall result was something like 34%, would I have to repeat then?

I don't think I'll fail, I'm just curious as to how this works considering we HAVE to drop it!

No you could pass by compensation almost definatly. Provided your other subjects were ok

This might be of interest : http://examinations.nuim.ie/documents/MarksandStandards_UG_Sept12-3.pdf

I haven't looked into compensation in Maths (it can even vary between modules) but if Maths allows compensation and it's not restricted to a percentage then you could once you don't go below 25%, if it is restricted to a percentage you would need to get that.

I think Maths in CSSE is also marked across the year rather than semester. Semester 2 is supposed to be much easier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,142 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Odd question.

The person in the room next to me in St Pats is snoring very loudly is this a valid reason to kick the wall?

Note to self and anyone else thinking this place is a quite refuge to study in.

Wrong, Wrong, Wrong, Wrong, Wrong, Wrong, Wrong, Wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 thecomet

could someone please tell me where they main sports hall is? have an exam there and no idea where it is.. much appreciated :)

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Boeing777

thecomet wrote: »
    could someone please tell me where they main sports hall is? have an exam there and no idea where it is.. much appreciated :)

You know Phoenix restaurant? It's just on your right as you go in those revolving doors. You'll see signs for it anyway when you go in the doors.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

1526860_659828937392814_208584037_n.png

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Before the infamous Q is asked:

Where the hell is Lower Loftus?!

God this is old now...

GarIT wrote: »
    I haven't looked into compensation in Maths (it can even vary between modules) but if Maths allows compensation and it's not restricted to a percentage then you could once you don't go below 25%, if it is restricted to a percentage you would need to get that.

I think Maths in CSSE is also marked across the year rather than semester. Semester 2 is supposed to be much easier.

That is nice to hear! Well here is hoping it goes well!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭How so Joe

The library doesn't even look vaguely like that any more! We need banquo to make a new one!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

I was useful once!

*bursts into tears*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭Doctor Strange

banquo wrote: »
    I was useful once!

*bursts into tears*

Absolutely ;)

• Advertisement

Exam in 45 mins agggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Que the music :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVZh4WcdC3s

Hopefully 3rd times the charm anyway or Mammy will be sending me to the gallows !

Advertisement