Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion? 2!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭upinthesky

Just sat the worst maths exam ever :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Panic is starting to set in, I have almost completely forgotten how I did my MT201S assignments. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

Panic is starting to set in, I have almost completely forgotten how I did my MT201S assignments. :(

Don't worry, I had to research how to get the parametric equation of the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Boeing777

Who knew Biochemistry could be so horrible? I've reduced my study to just 4 topics and I still can't deal with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Paczini

andrew369 wrote: »
    The week before exams was a really bad time to start watching Breaking Bad, I can't stop :(
    I did the same!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭djhaxman

Paczini wrote: »
    I did the same!
    Rookie mistake!

Unreal show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭andrew369

It is such a good show, didn't sleep one night from watching it because nearly every bloody episode ends on a cliffhanger. I would be royally screwed if I hadn't passed pretty much all my modules already thanks to C.A. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Breaking Bad is fecking unreal. Really want to start watching it all over again.

Hope exams/study is going well for you all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭aaabbbb

lisar816 wrote: »
    Just sat the worst maths exam ever :(

Which module ?

aaabbbb wrote: »
    Which module ?

MT101s I found it hard..Lets just say ill be back August.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

Yet it was a bit of a bitch.

I thought the exact same myself last year, got a rubbish 27% in that exam. Then, semester 2 didn't go well for me either (integration :() and I failed that too. BUT, I passed maths by compensation overall :) Work as much as you can on Linear Algebra and Data Analysis(next semester) because they help your overall average in maths. Don't be feeling too disheartened. Almost everyone felt like crying last year, but it will all work out. It did for me anyway :)

They added an extra question this year, which i don't think there was enough time for really. Also they left out a concave up and concave down question, i was banking on getting my marks from this, oh well..

Ye i'm fine with the linear algebra, think ill do well in that.

They added an extra question this year, which i don't think there was enough time for really. Also they left out a concave up and concave down question, i was banking on getting my marks from this, oh well..

Ye i'm fine with the linear algebra, think ill do well in that.
    I was really hoping for a Q like last years Q3 and I was quite pushed for time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

I meant to head home early from a noght out tonight cause I've an essay to do. Oops.

Yeah me too. I didn't get to finish , really needed extra time for the extra q. I had to attempt to get it done in 2 mins !!

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭peacock169

Cant read anymore of this synthase, dehydrogenase, isomerase stuff. I must reek of it at this stage.

Do I need to remember all the formulas for ep101 or are they given?

decisions wrote: »

Nearly 100% sure they're given. I can't even remember that exam from last year, but I'm pretty sure there's a page at the end of the exam with all the formulas.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭peacock169

Dont think so. The page at the end is a list of constants. They do give you a log table though, will be some in there, even if they are only basic, maybe jog your memory a bit.
    Anyway, if the format is the same, earth science/astronomy stuff is handier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Planemo

Usually the only ones you're given are the ones you have to derive. Go through past papers and see the type of questions that require the formula - if they're not given you'll have to know it.

I should have probably said that I totally ignored the mechanics section of EP101 and just answered on astronomy so that's probably why I'm wrong regarding formulas.

Boeing777 wrote: »
    I should have probably said that I totally ignored the mechanics section of EP101 and just answered on astronomy so that's probably why I'm wrong regarding formulas.

I'm doing the exact opposite :P

I'm doing the exact opposite :P

Astronomy is a life saver for those that don't like the maths side of physics. I got a 2:1 but I did put a lot of work into it because it is quite technical and there's loads to remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

Since last year they give you LC log books.

GarIT wrote: »
    Since last year they give you LC log books.

You have made my evening right there :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

If only they did the same for maths exams. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭marko93

We may have exams, but at least I don't have one tomorrow on my birthday :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

It's mine and my boyfriend's anniversary tomorrow. I totally nearly forgot in all my exam drama! Oops...

• Advertisement

Helping my sister do her cao this evening and the topic of nights out in college comes up. I was mentioning to her that she should consider how she would get home if she went out with her college friends/stayed late to study/society stuff as theres no nitelinks on week days.

Her response was "why would I want to go out on weekdays, would I not just go out on the weekend like everyone else !? " The nievity :p

Advertisement