Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion? 2!!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭Doctor Strange

aaabbbb wrote: »
    Cool thanks :)

Fire an email to fees and grants or academic advisory and they can tell you for certain

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Yup, might be a good idea to double check that info. I know I'm amazing, but sadly I just don't know everything ;__;

Also, Community is awesome again. I actually liked season 4 though /awkward.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭aaabbbb

Fire an email to fees and grants or academic advisory and they can tell you for certain
    Seren_ wrote: »
    Yup, might be a good idea to double check that info. I know I'm amazing, but sadly I just don't know everything ;__;

Also, Community is awesome again. I actually liked season 4 though /awkward.

Yeah I was going to do that anyway closer to May. Sure it's only January and I'm on my holidays/strike from college for the next 3 weeks :D

I already miss not having a **** tonne of stuff to get done everyday though :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭Doctor Strange

I already miss not having a **** tonne of stuff to get done everyday though :pac:

Want to do my exam on Wednesday? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭aaabbbb

Want to do my exam on Wednesday? :pac:

Sure :D

Also just l;ooking at the calender there were pretty much finished up by easter :O

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Eggy Baby!

Man studying really sucks. I've just gotten to the stage where I just put on some ambient Flying Lotus and keep my head down...good luck with the exams by the way guys.

And here's a song to illustrate how I feel in the interlude between exams/while waiting for results:

WHY AM I NOT ASLEEP

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

What happens if you sleep in and end up late for an exam? Is there a leeway period that you can still turn up for? I just have this huge fear that I'm going to sleep in for my 9.30 exam.

I know that people came in to my exam late today but I wasn't really paying attention to it and I'm pretty sure that there was extenuating circumstances for one of them.

From my experience of sitting exams in Maynooth, it seems like you get about 5 or 10 mins after exam has started to get there and start. Well I've definitely saw people (and done it myself >.>) coming in 5 mins late and there was no issue with them sitting the paper; they just sat down and got on with it.

I did my exams in JH though, where the invigilators don't care about checking pencil cases etc (I must have done at least 30 exams if not more and mine was never even looked at once. I didn't realise that was strange until I heard a friend saying hers was checked) so maybe they're just more lenient cause we awesome.

Also, I'm sure you'll get up on time - don't worry. Now whether I'll be up on time to get a bus and luas into work for half 9 will be another thing. (I will though. Unless something bad happens).

From my experience of sitting exams in Maynooth, it seems like you get about 5 or 10 mins after exam has started to get there and start. Well I've definitely saw people (and done it myself >.>) coming in 5 mins late and there was no issue with them sitting the paper; they just sat down and got on with it.

I did my exams in JH though, where the invigilators don't care about checking pencil cases etc (I must have done at least 30 exams if not more and mine was never even looked at once. I didn't realise that was strange until I heard a friend saying hers was checked) so maybe they're just more lenient cause we awesome.

Also, I'm sure you'll get up on time - don't worry. Now whether I'll be up on time to get a bus and luas into work for half 9 will be another thing. (I will though. Unless something bad happens).

Yea I'm in JH myself so that's good to know. Hopefully I won't need to use that info though. There'd be no point in me even doing an exam if I'd slept in. The mixture of panic and barely out of bed-ness would just erase my brain! There's a reason that I don't remember any of my 9am lectures! Well that and I didn't make half of them...

• Advertisement

Good luck for it anyway. They'll be done soon.

Tomorrow I'll be in my mid-twenties. FUQ LYFE.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Tomorrow I'll be in my mid-twenties. FUQ LYFE.

It just gets worse.

And now I have my water I'm going back to sleep.

I am usually always cold. Always.
    Tonight (this morning) I am too hot. Totally overheated. And I have a headache and painful STI-d ankle to join it.

I WANNA SLEEP! :-(

I am usually always cold. Always.
    Tonight (this morning) I am too hot. Totally overheated. And I have a headache and painful STI-d ankle to join it.

I WANNA SLEEP! :-(

Really don't want to know how your ankle managed to get an STI...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

Not off to a good start today. No sleep. Car broken. Notes forgotten, but that was ok because I missed the bus anyway. Good thing the exam isn't till the afternoon. If the train is broken, I give up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

You can arrive up to 10 minutes late, but if you are really running late, you need to ring the exams office and let them know, so they can arrange something for you (if they can)

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭qwerty1991

Hey,

I dunno if this is true but I was talking to a girl who said she missed her exam just because she got her dates mixed up. So when she was meant to be sitting her exam she was in the library studying for it, thinking it was the next day. Once she realised she rang the exam office and they asked her had she been talking to anyone in the class, she said no. She was then given 15 minutes to get to an area to sit her exam along with a few other people doing different exams.

Apparently so many people mix up their dates the exams office have a procedure for this. I dunno if I believe it though . .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭upinthesky

Biology is doing my head in, so much learning...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

I ended up studying for the wrong exam last night. I mixed up the dates for two of my exams, and now I'm worried whether I'll pass the exam I sat today. I made some stupid mistakes, like giving totally wrong definitions for errors of omission and errors of commission.

Really don't want to know how your ankle managed to get an STI...

Soft Tissue Injury :-P

My ankle's a slut and banged the corner of a display in Dunnes about 8 weeks ago and I'm still in pain! When I first went to the nurse about it she explained what it was and then kept abbreviating it to STI. I've just kept up the trend. It's an inside joke with some now and gets great reactions from others! Although it may have gone slightly too far when someone decided to tell my HR Manager...

Now if only the damn thing would heal. So much for up to 6 weeks! It's even gotten worse!

EDIT: Thank you touch site for posting this so many times. I know that it's a funny story and all but I don't think everyone wanted to read it ten times over...
    If there are still multiple posts then I apologise. I tried to clean them all up as best as possible. Mods, could you please clean up as many as possible? Boards is acting up for me on both my phone and laptop.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

qwerty1991 wrote: »
    Hey,

I dunno if this is true but I was talking to a girl who said she missed her exam just because she got her dates mixed up. So when she was meant to be sitting her exam she was in the library studying for it, thinking it was the next day. Once she realised she rang the exam office and they asked her had she been talking to anyone in the class, she said no. She was then given 15 minutes to get to an area to sit her exam along with a few other people doing different exams.

Apparently so many people mix up their dates the exams office have a procedure for this. I dunno if I believe it though . .

I'd be dubious. I don't think it'd be fair to allow her to do this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

We had a 9.30 exam last year and a friend of mine showed up 25 minutes late and he was allowed to sit the exam.

His alarm on his phone went off at 10.00 though so he hadn't a good day that day! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭brianclown

Does anyone know how pass by compensation works? If for example you got marks of 33, 26 and 38 in first semester however you got marks of 55, 48 and 40 in the second semester. In this case the weighed average of all 6 modules in 400/1000 would you still pass the subject? or can you only compensate within semesters

• Registered Users Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Boards is acting stupid for me today, it keeps showing threads as unread for me.

I ended up mixing up two of my exams, I thought I was meant to do Software Testing on Thursday, not today! :(

brianclown wrote: »
    Does anyone know how pass by compensation works? If for example you got marks of 33, 26 and 38 in first semester however you got marks of 55, 48 and 40 in the second semester. In this case the weighed average of all 6 modules in 400/1000 would you still pass the subject? or can you only compensate within semesters

Anyone?

brianclown wrote: »

According to Examinations Marks and Standards:
    In order to pass a subject a student must:
    • Pass all required modules.
    • Obtain 40% on aggregate in the subject.
    • Pass modules to a credit value of at least half the credit value of the subject.
    • Not fall below 25% in any module (35% in the case of Bachelor of Education Degree).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,624 ✭✭✭TheBody

Speaking of grants if I apply for a grant next year do I apply to susi or my local co co since I started college in 2011 before SUSI existed ?

Maybe you could ask one of the reps on the "Talk to SUSI" page on boards?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1610

• Registered Users Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭upinthesky

TheBody wrote: »
    Maybe you could ask one of the reps on the "Talk to SUSI" page on boards?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1610

SUSI on Facebook are brilliant, answered all my questions.

Well that was a disaster...

• Advertisement

Well that was a disaster...

Did an exam go badly for you? :P

Advertisement