Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion? 2!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Eggy Baby!

Soft Tissue Injury :-P

My ankle's a slut and banged the corner of a display in Dunnes about 8 weeks ago and I'm still in pain! When I first went to the nurse about it she explained what it was and then kept abbreviating it to STI.

That's a really unfortunate abbreviation. You would imagine they would abbreviate it to SoTI or STIn or something....at least it makes for an interesting story as to how your ankle got an STI, I guess

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

kellief wrote: »
    You can arrive up to 10 minutes late, but if you are really running late, you need to ring the exams office and let them know, so they can arrange something for you (if they can)

A few people turned up late for my CS exam today, one of them must have been a half hour late and he was still aloud to sit the exam.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Eggy Baby! wrote: »
    That's a really unfortunate abbreviation. You would imagine they would abbreviate it to SoTI or STIn or something....at least it makes for an interesting story as to how your ankle got an STI, I guess

I actually stopped the nurse and asked her to call it something as our definitions of STI clearly differed.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭qwerty1991

My exam diet is actually atrocious. For the last week all I've eaten are 2 in ones from the Orient and maximus, plus a can of monster a day. Definitely looking forward to having time to cook real food again. Damn these exam munchies! :O

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

^Disturbing numbers of biscuits here. Hob Nobs, Bourbon Creams, all those weird Christmas biscuit tins, anything I can get my hands on. And crisps. And tins of Roses. Exams always somehow result in an extra stone or stone and a half. Must get back on the bike. Very disturbing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

mickstupp wrote: »
    ^Disturbing numbers of biscuits here. Hob Nobs, Bourbon Creams, all those weird Christmas biscuit tins, anything I can get my hands on. And crisps. And tins of Roses. Exams always somehow result in an extra stone or stone and a half. Must get back on the bike. Very disturbing.

Its not even funny how much chocolate I've eaten in the last week, I was just starting to get over the Xmas excess now this :pac:

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

I'm even worse. I bought myself a new tin of Quality Street when I got up here!
    It's hard to say no when they're on sale...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭How so Joe

Happy birthday to our magnificent overlord of modly power, Your Text Here!

Or, you know, Seren_.

See this is really the only downside to January exams in my opinion. You have the crimbo foodfest and it just keeps going right to the middle of January and beyond! If we had exams before Christmas, we wouldn't keep snacking like maniacs! Well I would. Right?

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭qwerty1991

I think I'm going to have to start my new years resolutions in February. Exams in January are definitely just extending my Christmas food gorging for another month. (well Im going to blame exams :P)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

How so Joe wrote: »
    Happy birthday to our magnificent overlord of modly power, Your Text Here!

Or, you know, Seren_.

Thanks :D I've been thinking of changing my username back actually :P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

And here I am, still eating as I normally would during term time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭DylanII

Exam food is even worse than Christmas food. I can't study at home (work being don't on the house) so I have to drive to Maynooth everymorning and stay there all day to study. That means I have to buy everything I eat, which means a lot of mcdonalds, chipper and Chinese, more than one a day, plus all the chocolate and redbull and then by the time I get home at like 11pm I want more food... On top of that I'm getting absolutely no exercise.

In the past week and a half I've put on 5 pounds :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭aaabbbb

DylanII wrote: »
    Exam food is even worse than Christmas food. I can't study at home (work being don't on the house) so I have to drive to Maynooth everymorning and stay there all day to study. That means I have to buy everything I eat, which means a lot of mcdonalds, chipper and Chinese, more than one a day, plus all the chocolate and redbull and then by the time I get home at like 11pm I want more food... On top of that I'm getting absolutely no exercise.

In the past week and a half I've put on 5 pounds :(

Bring food with you and heat it up in the bunker :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Why dont have the sockets in the library work :(

EDIT: Half* Exam and socket stress has clearly gotten to me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭DylanII

aaabbbb wrote: »
    Bring food with you and heat it up in the bunker :)

What's the bunker?

DylanII wrote: »
    What's the bunker?

The commuter and mature students room in the arts block , where the su shop used to be :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭Doctor Strange

deise_girl wrote: »
    Why dont have the sockets in the library work :(

Because that would require forethought and adaptation to technology, and as displayed by the utterly woeful wifi, that is not something that happens in the college.

Because that would require forethought and adaptation to technology, and as displayed by the utterly woeful wifi, that is not something that happens in the college.

Much like the giant fancy "interactive" coffee tables in the library also.

While there cool , if you can get them working would they not be better suited to the study rooms upstairs at least ?

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭peacock169

Well, theres my first repeat from my time in Maynooth so far after todays "effort". And calculus tomorrow.

• Advertisement

Maths is done and dusted, I just have one more exam! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Paczini

Maths is done and dusted, I just have one more exam! :D
    Question for you banquo.. Why is Middle Loftus called Lower Loftus? :o

Maths results usually come out the week or the week after were back right ? Its been so long I really can't remember , except that they were the first to come out the first time I did first year :)

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Planemo

Paczini wrote: »
    I think it used to be two rooms but they knocked down the wall between them and never changed the names?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭TheGoldenAges

I'm trying to sort out a date for a holidays in the summer but I'm not sure around what date are repeats just in case I need to resit an exam, does anyone have an idea?

^It'll be August.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Paczini wrote: »

Because Maynooth.

Maynooth has:
    two hotels,
    a golf course,
    seven pubs
    and a seminary,
    a university,
    a college,
    20,000 residents,
    motorway access,
    is the size of a car,
    and has nowhere to park.

Because Maynooth!

banquo wrote: »
    Because Maynooth.

Maynooth has:
    two hotels,
    a golf course,
    seven pubs
    and a seminary,
    a university,
    a college,
    20,000 residents,
    motorway access,
    is the size of a car,
    and has nowhere to park.

Because Maynooth!

You forgot WORST TRAFFIC EVER !!!! For my 9am lecture I've to drive to killcock and come back the way 'cos the traffic in the town is backed up so badly all the way to the business park that If I'd sat in said traffic I'd be over 45 mins late for my only lecture that day....

I think maybe only the city centre in snow or the M50 rivals it....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

anigif_enhanced-buzz-28927-1389794514-15.gif

• Advertisement

dafuq am I watching?

Advertisement