Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion? 2!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Planemo

FFS, why would you join a political party in college? There's time enough for that shíte afterwards. This is supposed to be an environment where you're exposed to new ideas and your views are challenged. I don't think you're going to get that in the cliquey echo chamber that is student politics.
    (Actually, I understand it for people who intend on being career politicians, but they're the last people I'd want to spend my free time with!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

I've managed to go my whole life not understanding the difference between 'left wing' and 'right wing'.

The way those labels get thrown around on Boards, I'm not sure I care.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭whats_my_name

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    You can only get marked for one mistake once afaik. So if everything after that was right relative to your mistake, it'll be correct!

Thank you so much, have been panicking since as I definitely do not want to repeat that subject, hearing from others that our lecturer makes repeat exams twice as hard as said lecturer is under the impression you have 8 months to study! Wishing u all well in your exams/results.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

mickstupp wrote: »
    I've managed to go my whole life not understanding the difference between 'left wing' and 'right wing'.

The way those labels get thrown around on Boards, I'm not sure I care.

As a history student I know that I should know this and I do, a little bit, but everytime I try to work it out I just confuse myself more!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭Dickie10

I find it a bit worrying sometimes that I agree more with right wing politics than left wing, but left wing seems to be the thing to be when your a student but then when you get out in the real world and start working people usually revert to cntre right or right. I suppose that's why either fianna fail or fine gael will always dominate power in Ireland, personally id be horrified to see Labour or sinn fein get much of a foothold, it would spell the end for self employed, farmers and businessmen or entrepeneuers no room for a budding bill Cullen or micheal oleary there!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭Doctor Strange

Can we... not turn this into a politics thread? Please?

here here! where people going out tonite!>?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

Dickie10 wrote: »

Today is a Saturday and during the January break, in their own hometown I can only imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭whats_my_name

GarIT wrote: »
    Today is a Saturday and during the January break, in their own hometown I can only imagine.

I am away for the weekend to celebrate/destress after exams, went all out & spoilt myself to a massage this morning (they were really really stressful :-P) What about u??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

DarBucks wrote: »
    Obligatory name change post :P

Obligatory post about you being on every street corner
    starbucks-google.jpg

• Advertisement

Thwip! wrote: »
    Obligatory post about you being on every street corner
    starbucks-google.jpg

I am omnipresent. I see all.

GarIT wrote: »

Or in Maynooth as many of my friends are. Or Prague and Budapest as I will be tomorrow! :-D :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,775 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

I'm totally thick, who's darbucks? :pac:

You're better off not knowing :-P

You're better off not knowing :-P

This will haunt me if I don't know :P

I am :P

DarBucks wrote: »
    I am :P

I am so confused

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

I didn't want to be the one to ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭upinthesky

Do you need to sign anything to use the gym? Or can you just swipe your card and use it?

lisar816 wrote: »
    Do you need to sign anything to use the gym? Or can you just swipe your card and use it?

Just swipe your card to go to the changing rooms

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭upinthesky

Is there a shower room?

lisar816 wrote: »
    Is there a shower room?

Yeah, there's showers in the changing rooms

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Paczini

This will haunt me if I don't know :P
    You can never find out!*

*Shhhh......
    Look at the profile page under "About me"

• Registered Users Posts: 4 CillDara109090

Was just wondering for degrees that are split 30:70 between penultimate and final years, does anyone know if it is your entire penultimate year average or just the results from your best 18 credits?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭DylanII

Was just wondering for degrees that are split 30:70 between penultimate and final years, does anyone know if it is your entire penultimate year average or just the results from your best 18 credits?

The entire years average.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Jesus the whole campus shuts down just because there are no undergrad classes. I work the rest of the week and happened to have some free time after class finished to go in and do work in the library, only for it to be closing at 5 >.< For feck's sake like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

I'm more concerned about the lack of coffee. Chill is miles away from my office. Jonesing like a crack whore here.

anyone ever stay in the south campus accomadation for nights out in maynooth, my safe house is gone from last year and stayed in another xmas day but never again just wasn't comfortable only got 1 night out in maynooth last semester of the back of it , disastrous for the rootin and antics side of college life....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭aaabbbb

anyone ever stay in the south campus accomadation for nights out in maynooth, my safe house is gone from last year and stayed in another xmas day but never again just wasn't comfortable only got 1 night out in maynooth last semester of the back of it , disastrous for the rootin and antics side of college life....

Theres a curfew of 01:30 there so it wouldn't be great....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Paczini

DylanII wrote: »
    The entire years average.
    How does it work for double honours? I am studying Law and French and I am just wondering if it would be possible to move 30% from French in 2nd year to French in 3td year.. can I do that?

Advertisement