Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion? 2!!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭JellyBeans92

At the risk of scaremongering here.. Does anyone know when the exam results will be out? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭Doctor Strange

At the risk of scaremongering here.. Does anyone know when the exam results will be out? :)

Depends on the department, usually within the first couple of weeks of term.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭aaabbbb

DarBucks wrote: »
    Depends on the department, usually within the first couple of weeks of term.

I

WANT

MY

RESULTS

NOOOWWWWWWW!!!!:mad::mad:

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

I'm in two minds. I want my results but I might be happier not knowing them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

I genuinely couldn't care less if I never got them back, honestly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,624 ✭✭✭TheBody

I genuinely couldn't care less if I never got them back, honestly

Neil-deGrasse-Tyson-we-got-a-bad-ass-over-here-meme.png

Just kidding!! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

Some lecturers will just tell you straight out if you ask nicely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭barleybooley

Got Garth Brooks tickets earlier, not even ashamed or nuffin'.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Well, ****. I have two projects to do this semester, and I think I barely passed the past semester.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,142 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Found out today I have failed at least one exam, there's always august to look forward to, I know for a fact I bollixed up the other two I sat also and I missed the other. I guess the silver lining is if I fail any this semester the repeats will be free for them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,624 ✭✭✭TheBody

Found out today I have failed at least one exam, there's always august to look forward to, I know for a fact I bollixed up the other two I sat also and I missed the other. I guess the silver lining is if I fail any this semester the repeats will be free for them.

Sorry to hear you failed. What module was it?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,142 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

A Greek and Roman one I can repeat so all is not lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭marko93

Well, ****. I have two projects to do this semester, and I think I barely passed the past semester.

Is it 240 we have a project for?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

CS211 and CS240, actually.

I'm scared.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭marko93

CS211 and CS240, actually.

I'm scared.

Well I knew about the 211, I just missed the 240 today. Don't forget about 335

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Paczini

3rd Year french was out yesterday and Law results for all undergrads will be out on tuesday if you are studying any of them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Boeing777

No sign of any science results yet. There's one or two results due that I can definitely wait for...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,775 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Waiting on politics, philosophy and economics. Don't expect them soon really

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭aaabbbb

Boeing777 wrote: »
    No sign of any science results yet. There's one or two results due that I can definitely wait for...

Math results are out today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

Anyone want to go and check my maths results for me :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭upinthesky

decisions wrote: »
    Anyone want to go and check my maths results for me :p

I know right, email when i get home to say the results are up, and won't be back in till Monday.. Will they put them on moodle?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

lisar816 wrote: »
    I know right, email when i get home to say the results are up, and won't be back in till Monday.. Will they put them on moodle?

No, maths department is anti moodle. Out of 4 maths modules last year all the results were posted opposite the homework boxes and 1 out of 4 lecturers posted skeleton notes to moodle, the rest wanted everything taken down.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Boeing777

aaabbbb wrote: »
    Math results are out today

Ahhh, I knew they would be out on the first Friday back :D I dropped maths last year so I don't have to worry about failing it again :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭Dickie10

why were all the "books for sale" posters taken down last night in the Arts block and john Hume , tryin ta freakin sell books here!

Dickie10 wrote: »
    why were all the "books for sale" posters taken down last night in the Arts block and john Hume , tryin ta freakin sell books here!

You aren't allowed sell or advertise anything using campus facilities "NUIM facilities cannot be used for non course related commercial activities".

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Probably the Operations Team took them down, they take down Posters every Friday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭Dickie10

oh right crap if I had waited til Monday id be set, il go at it again Monday.

Dickie10 wrote: »
    oh right crap if I had waited til Monday id be set, il go at it again Monday.

I think if you can get the SU to stamp it they will leave it up, or I use adverts.ie to sell books and it's worked fine for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

Do you guys not sell them through the SU shop? I did that last year and made a bunch of cash.
    EDIT: Also you don't have to deal with people calling you and texting you, so you sell your books with no effort, and because they take a small cut, you feel like you're helping out a bit. Or at least I do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Paczini

mickstupp wrote: »
    Do you guys not sell them through the SU shop? I did that last year and made a bunch of cash.
    EDIT: Also you don't have to deal with people calling you and texting you, so you sell your books with no effort, and because they take a small cut, you feel like you're helping out a bit. Or at least I do.
    A small cut? Last time I heard it was 25% :o

Advertisement