Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion? 2!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,775 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Where is elt lads?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Where is elt lads?

Education House behind the Student Services building afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭marko93

lisar816 wrote: »
    Got 17 in maths calculus, does this mean there is no hope of compensation? On the other hand got 51 in linear algebra delighted with that..

Less than 25 and you have to repeat the module as far as I know. Work hard in second semester and use every possible resource you have at your disposal or 2nd semester and it should go a lot better.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭whats_my_name

It's only first year maths results out, 2nd & 3rd expected out during the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Boeing777

Got 17 in maths calculus, does this mean there is no hope of compensation? On the other hand got 51 in linear algebra delighted with that..

There's absolutely hope. I got 13 in Calculus and 47 in Linear Algebra. In semester 2 you need to work hard at statistics because it will really bring up your average. To pass by compensation you need 25%, but that's 25% across the 4 modules in first year maths (i.e. a combined average of 25% from 4 modules). If you're keeping on maths next year you have to get 35% to compensate as far as I know. But, don't be defeated! There's loads of hope yet! PM me anytime for more details if you want!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭How so Joe

It's only first year maths results out, 2nd & 3rd expected out during the week.

Jaysis, how long do the poor final years have to wait???

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭whats_my_name

How so Joe wrote: »
    Jaysis, how long do the poor final years have to wait???

"Expected out during the week" - so by my powers of deduction I predict that it will be either today (Tuesday), Wednesday, Thursday or Friday :P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Holy fuck, it's snowing!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Heavily? If it starts snowing in Inchicore I'll go spare. Will make things fun for getting home.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Sorry I know this has been asked 800 times but the doctor is free yea? And are the walk in times 9-10 and 2-3? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭aaabbbb

Its cold , I can't feel my nose or my toes. Also earlier the oil light came on in my car but my hands were too cold to get the engine oil cap open so I had to call security like a silly person 'cos there was no one else around :(

Did I mention the cold.... :(

Actually now that I'm all moany and ranty....

What actually can be done about people talking in lectures / who should I complain to ?

One of my lectures has a SERIOUS amount of talking/messing/general ignorance/disruption and I don't mean annoying loud whispering or the like but instead at least 1/2 the class having full blown conversations at a normal talking level as if they were in a coffee shop , laughing in the lecturers face when they answer a question asked (when the answer wasn't funny) and quite a lot of really irritating things like highlighter "fights" , snap chatting, general messing. It also always seems to be the same people :mad:

Its starting to really get on my nerves as even if you sit up the front it can be really difficult to hear the lecturer because of all the noise around the hall. So I'd really like for it to STOP and not have this be a precedent for the year.

I have also checked and disturbing lectures etc is against the university code of conduct with a possible fine of up to €150 / 12hrs university service. Which it would be amazing if that happened these people ( I've a serious vendetta at this stage- similar (but not as bad) problem last semester ! Though this lecturer doesn't seem to be as assertive as last semester , hence the increasing severity, which I expect to get even worse as people get more familiar with this lecturer etc. )

So anyway what I'm saying is ; Is there anything that can be done , since it is mentioned in the code of conduct ?

Secondly who can I say this to (with exception of the lecturer as they're obviously aware of it but don't seem to be doing anything about it, except for the odd be quiet, any questions etc. ) ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭Doctor Strange

deise_girl wrote: »
    Sorry I know this has been asked 800 times but the doctor is free yea? And are the walk in times 9-10 and 2-3? :)

Yes and yes :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭JellyBeans92

Boeing777 wrote: »
    No sign of any science results yet. There's one or two results due that I can definitely wait for...

Any sign of the Computer Science results yet.. I'm off campus this semester so I can't check the notice-boards?
    :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Boeing777

Any sign of the Computer Science results yet.. I'm off campus this semester so I can't check the notice-boards?
    :pac:

Haven't heard anything. I don't do Computer Science myself so I wouldn't know. Maths & Physics seem to be the only science departments that have released results so far that I know of.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭How so Joe

"Expected out during the week" - so by my powers of deduction I predict that it will be either today (Tuesday), Wednesday, Thursday or Friday :P

"2nd and 3rd years" - by my powers of deduction, you have excluded the final years from your prediction of 'this week'.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭upinthesky

Biology results are up!!

Anyone no if the student assistance fund is giving out in the second semester? I got it in the first and always though they did it twice..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭TheGoldenAges

Biology results are up!!

Anyone no if the student assistance fund is giving out in the second semester? I got it in the first and always though they did it twice..

Yeah an email went out about it today so check your inbox :)

Yeah an email went out about it today so check your inbox :)

ye got that email, but it doesn't say if there giving it out, it just says there will be no round 2 in second semester..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

I'd say call into the SU tomorrow, they should be able to tell you the story and where to go and who to talk to.

ye got that email, but it doesn't say if there giving it out, it just says there will be no round 2 in second semester..

I Took that to mean that they weren't doing it at all this semester

• Advertisement

I Took that to mean that they weren't doing it at all this semester

Ye, me too, that's why i said i'd ask here..

No further payments for the student assistant fund. Emailed them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭JellyBeans92

Boeing777 wrote: »
    Haven't heard anything. I don't do Computer Science myself so I wouldn't know. Maths & Physics seem to be the only science departments that have released results so far that I know of.

Apparently the results are available online (https://www.cs.nuim.ie/examresults) but when I log in its telling me I'm not a student.. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Same here JB92. :( The nervous wait continues...

Also, the weather was fucking horrible around lunchtime. Try walking from the Callan Building to Londis on Main St, you'll want to go into hibernation under a few duvets afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

There's 53 people in my year group and we've no results back yet :confused: :pac:

The Department is fairly small though so it's understandable I suppose, hopefully know how many I have to repeat by this day next week :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭marko93

Apparently the results are available online (https://www.cs.nuim.ie/examresults) but when I log in its telling me I'm not a student.. :pac:
    Same here JB92. :( The nervous wait continues...

Apparently I'm not a student either :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

46060648.jpg

Congrats to Siomha on being made our newest mod and a heartfelt thank you to Shauna for her stellar banhammer work

• Registered Users Posts: 5,624 ✭✭✭TheBody

Congrats XxMCRxBABYxX. In MOD we trust.

Cheers everyone!

Gonna be tough trying to follow in the footsteps of Seren!

In the words of Taina:
    "No I can't wait to see my name Bold
    No one's gonna stop me, you'll see
    I will go far!"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭DylanII

Why cant the departments just post the results on Moodle?

We got an email to say that the results where now on the notice board on Friday evening, and also informed us that the building would now be locked until Monday morning... It would take a whole of 10 seconds to upload the results to moodle, or even wait until we can actually go see them before telling us about them.

Advertisement