Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion? 2!!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

macpmacp wrote: »
    [Snip]
    Can think of far better ways to promote student welfare.....
    Don't think it is a non story, think it is criminal waste of taxpayers (MY) money.

We are still waiting for your constructive opinion on how to handle the situation as outlined by garit above.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 macpmacp

GarIT - there is an accountant in the office, she picks up the cheque book and looks at the stub - bit of a no brainer!

If it is proven that Ben, Mal and Louise agreed ( I am not stating that they did) to host this event and SU money to fund the event will they step down if elected????

Not a chance.....never admit you are wrong or do the honourable thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

GarIT - there is an accountant in the office, she picks up the cheque book and looks at the stub - bit of a no brainer!

If it is proven that Ben, Mal and Louise agreed ( I am not stating that they did) to host this event and SU money to fund the event will they step down if elected????

Not a chance.....never admit you are wrong or do the honourable thing.

Thank you for ignoring most of my post and helping to defeat your own argument. I can assure you there is nobody that currently has the authority to make the accounts public. Only the president could make the accounts public, until the elections are over we have no president.

I don't know what they would do and you don't either.

So after my 5th time asking how this is demeaning to women I am still yet to hear an answer. People that throw around accusations and can't back them up are really annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

This ****storm wouldn't have happened if it weren't for the Sunday World, which is where you work when you flunk your Journalism course.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

hahaha, I don't even go to NUIM but this whole fiasco is hilarious. A total non story.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,142 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

hahaha, I don't even go to NUIM but this whole fiasco is hilarious. A total non story.

Illogical, if it were a non story why post on it. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭jubella

Illogical, if it were a non story why post on it. :P

Because the reaction to it is more worthy of comment than the story itself :pac:

GarIT.
    Ask your mother if she thinks this is acceptable and then come back and post on this site like a mature adult.
    I hope when you have children you only have daughters and you remember this post.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,624 ✭✭✭TheBody

Anyone fancy a mug of tea? I'll put on the kettle.

• Advertisement

Mines 2 sugars and a drop of milk,, any bikkies?

Mines 2 sugars and a drop of milk,, any bikkies?

No bikkies here! Off all goodies for Lent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

Macpmacp, keep it civil

Thwip.....
    My comment "ask your mother" is in not meant to be derogatory or insulting, it is to get him thinking.
    We all have mothers and the point I am promoting is that providing strippers to teenagers only just out of secondary school is a bit on the dumb side.
    If the aforementioned GarIT did go and "ask his mother, grandmother, sister, girlfriend" did they find this behaviour acceptable they might just give him a clip on the ear.

There's nothing wrong with strippers, they pay taxes. I actually find the attitude to them displayed by some posters on here quite shocking.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭marko93

This is getting ridiculous
    Stephen-Colbert-Popcorn.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Planemo

Not to go off topic in the off topic thread :P but, is there an extension being built onto the gym?

Planemo wrote: »
    Not to go off topic in the off topic thread :P but, is there an extension being built onto the gym?

I heard they are building another "Small Sports Hall" for the Froebel people.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

I so wish it could be called the "Small Sprots Hall".

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭littleblackDRS

If the aforementioned GarIT did go and "ask his mother, grandmother, sister, girlfriend" did they find this behaviour acceptable they might just give him a clip on the ear.

Well actually, his girlfriend (which is myself) happens to agree with him on this issue, so i think that's a bit presumptuous, no?

• Advertisement

mickstupp wrote: »
    I so wish it could be called the "Small Sprots Hall".

Fixed ;)

I'm GarIT's Mother and I also agree with him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭jubella

We all have mothers and the point I am promoting is that providing strippers to teenagers only just out of secondary school is a bit on the dumb side.

What about providing strippers to adults? Because that's what anyone who would have attended the event is.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭littleblackDRS

I don't even understand this logic. What do mothers have to do with strippers and teenagers. Unless the mother is the stripper. Then I can see why it would be a problem for the teenagers.

I don't even understand this logic. What do mothers have to do with strippers and teenagers. Unless the mother is the stripper. Then I can see why it would be a problem for the teenagers.

Getting a bit Charlie Sheen here now with the mom and daughter stripper combo, I might steal this idea though, call it saggy and tight. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Darbucks has suggested getting a petition together to name the new ICT building after me, Rob.

I think it should happen, just to see the look on security's face when someone asks them to sign the petition.

GarIT.
    Ask your mother if she thinks this is acceptable and then come back and post on this site like a mature adult.
    I hope when you have children you only have daughters and you remember this post.
    Thwip.....
    My comment "ask your mother" is in not meant to be derogatory or insulting, it is to get him thinking.

I wouldn't tell my mother a lot of things but that doesn't make them wrong. I wouldn't object to my children choosing stripping as a career if they wanted to, it would appear that it can be very lucrative. I don't get all this being ashamed of your body/sexuality stuff, if I was going to get €150 for taking my clothes off, the would be gone before I could finish this sentence.

It would appear that the strippers were provided by the patrons rather than the venue. Not all the people there would have been teenagers/just out of school, many are years out of school.

I don't know what my mother thinks, my grandmother thinks it's all a bit of craic, I don't have a sister and my GF thinks it's grand as she has pointed out.

I'll ask again can you please explain how this is degrading and how consenting adults paying for a service offered by other consenting adults is wrong? I would also kindly ask you to stop making accusations until you have facts to support them.

I was just thinking seeing that point of some of the people being years out of school, was this a play to the Post Grads seminar being held on campus this week, come to Maynooth we got strippers bitches.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Toshi101

• Advertisement

Toshi101 wrote: »

Been there done that. :D

Advertisement