Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion? 2!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,142 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I dedicate this to Thwip!
    Silky+smooth_fff544_3932638.jpg

I am blind, only just copped it says Thor rather than Lor.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcReSVTgYtsyG0W5F5Im4br-MedGQhH9jiR_kbW7oQgC_UbfAF9GNw

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

How does one go about replacing their student id card and how big a deal is it to get a new one?
    Last night was a bad night :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,774 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

deise_girl wrote: »
    How does one go about replacing their student id card and how big a deal is it to get a new one?
    Last night was a bad night :(

Go to the registration office and they'll give you a new one. Costs 20 lids though.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭spartacus815

Guys, I really like if you would listen to this show, and if you aren't firefly fans, would u consider watching if after my review ...http://www.mixcloud.com/padraigfallon52/a-game-of-charts-march-13th/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 366 ✭✭Juan_Mata

S'up peeps. I'm 23 and living in Maynooth a few months (not a student though). First of all, what's the story about the stripper? Just read about it on the journal?

Were they fully nude? Were they giving dances to students? Who brought them in?

Also is it true JK Rowling got her inspiration for Hogwarts from NUIM?

• Advertisement

Wait, I'm 22...not 23. :pac:

Get off this thread and star scoring goals for United, bleeding cheski player of the year, Tom Cleverley wouldn't let you lace up his boots.

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Go to the registration office and they'll give you a new one. Costs 20 lids though.

Thank you!
    Random shoutout of gratitude to all the people who've answered my (most likely stupid) little questions throughout my first year here, it really does help :)

Thank you!
    Random shoutout of gratitude to all the people who've answered my (most likely stupid) little questions throughout my first year here, it really does help :)

I am finished college since last year. I miss it so much. :(

Appreciate your student life. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭jubella

Juan_Mata wrote: »

Never heard this before, but how amazing would that be!

• Advertisement

jubella wrote: »
    Never heard this before, but how amazing would that be!

Was told this by someone I know, not sure how true it is though.

Wondering is it worth going for a look in the University?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭jubella

Was told this by someone I know, not sure how true it is though.

Wondering is it worth going for a look in the University?

To be honest I'd say it's 100% not true, but the south campus does have a certain magic about it :P

Harry Potter Great Hall is based on the dining halls in Trinity/Oxford/Cambridge. The ye olde timey proddy ivy league type schools.

It was filmed in Christ Church, Oxford.

To be honest I'd say it's 100% not true, but the south campus does have a certain magic about it :P

Worth going in for a look?

St Pats is Green at the moment, I have been wondering wtf is that about, Paddys Day on Monday, D'oh.

St Pats is Green at the moment, I have been wondering wtf is that about, Paddys Day on Monday, D'oh.

St Pats? Is that in Maynooth too?

Worth going in for a look?

If you can wait a few months during the first few weeks of orientation on campus there are tours and the old wives tales about people jumping out of windows and paths you are not to walk down lest you will fail your exams, should have listened to that one myself.:o

Just come in looking like a mature student and sneake onto one of the tours, they're fun tbh.

St Pats? Is that in Maynooth too?

Yeah it is the place where the priests used to live and has some churches, some priests still do live in parts of it, it is also an on campus accommodation, b&b style.

Yeah it is the place where the priests used to live and has some churches, some priests still do live in parts of it, it is also an on campus accommodation, b&b style.

Is that the one on the left as you drive towards Maynooth from the motorway?

I didn't know Pats was in Maynooth...:)

If you can wait a few months during the first few weeks of orientation on campus there are tours and the old wives tales about people jumping out of windows and paths you are not to walk down lest you will fail your exams, should have listened to that one myself.:o

Just come in looking like a mature student and sneake onto one of the tours, they're fun tbh.

My contract is up in July so I'll be moving back west, it's looking like at the moment. :( Will be sad to leave..

• Advertisement

I am finished college since last year. I miss it so much. :(

Appreciate your student life. :o

Omg I will, Im dreading the fact Im 3/4 finished 1st year already! It actually makes me so sad!!

Is that the one on the left as you drive towards Maynooth from the motorway?

I didn't know Pats was in Maynooth...:)

No it's actually called St Patricks College and is/used to be the seminary, if you enter through the gate where the castle is on the south campus and follow the path through either archway you will be facing the building, the college rooms are grim but comfortable and cheap enough, the whole south campus has an eerie feel to it, there are buildings with ivy and creeper growing up the whole front, it really is a great place.

Omg I will, Im dreading the fact Im 3/4 finished 1st year already! It actually makes me so sad!!

It flies. What do you study?

Just not as easy to make friends or have as much free time during the week when working. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

The Room of Requirement is based off of Lower Loftus hence why it's so hard to find.

If only they had Rob's video

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

On tech support in the paper today. Grand little nixer.

Leaves me with much free time. Expect regular updates on how much tea I've had, and the entire process of 'Lunch' from concept to preparation and consumption.

I used think that only boring people are ever bored. I have disproven that theory today as I add my dog's birthday to Google Calendar out of desperation for activity.

Wonder is anyone up for a thumb wrestle.

You know what this office needs to liven it up? Those bubbles that kids play with.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

You know what the library need? One of those returns machines by the dropbox for people who go to return their books on time but the stupid place is closed so now they have to pay a fine.

Also, if the post office says that it sells sterling then it should have sterling.

• Advertisement

Today from work:

best-simpsons-gifs-bart-weird.gif

Advertisement