Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion? 2!!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭DylanII

mickstupp wrote: »
    Yeah... that's gonna happen tonight. I think there's only three so far. Doh.

Oh thats bad news... I still remember the horror or watching 3 seasons of Game of Thrones, then finding out I had to wait a year for the next one... Im still waiting... :( At least you only have a week,...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

aaabbbb wrote: »
    BRING BACK ROB'S DOG !!!!

I'm afraid she is sleeping right now.

Image for illustration purposes only.
    1962869_10201468824825365_987192996_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

Patrick's day I was bored and at home and went on eBay and saw a statue of a character from my favourite comic book series of all time "Bone" by Jeff Smith as a Buy It Now for $225 or make an offer. I, thinking I'll entertain myself by throwing in a low ass offer to see what would happen, made a bid of 120 dollars.

Well...

6zttp0.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 18,142 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

frivolous purchases are fun every now and then, he says looking at his Game of Thrones Season 1-3 boxset.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

Speaking of frivolous purchases... I could write a far better essay on Dark Souls 2, than I could on my actual essay topic that is due soon.
    Feckin eejit that I am.
    :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Prawo_Jazdy

is there still someone on campus that sells second hand books?

mickstupp wrote: »
    Speaking of frivolous purchases... I could write a far better essay on Dark Souls 2, than I could on my actual essay topic that is due soon.
    Feckin eejit that I am.
    :rolleyes:

Sub Pokemon X for Dark Souls 2, damn my OCD, why did Nintendo have to caption the game, gotta catch em all. Between this and reading A Song of Ice and Fire 20 times over, I could write an essay on the seven kingdoms but don't think that is what my tutor wants.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Prawo_Jazdy

somewhere*, not someone, altho there could be a market there for just some random person walking around selling books out of a wheelbarrow maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭aaabbbb

somewhere*, not someone, altho there could be a market there for just some random person walking around selling books out of a wheelbarrow maybe.

Pan-handling the university way !:D

If you can't find the book you are looking for I believe most University students are entitled to go into Trinity and get a reading ticket, Trinity has the copyright library so any book printed in The UK or Ireland is available, just go in with your student id, they may not have the book there and then but the have a massive archive called stacks and can probably order in the book, only issue with the reading ticket is you can't take the book home, but you can photocopy it in the library in Trinity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭barleybooley

What's the story with all the trees being cut down? Bonfire night is ages away? In other news, I can't stop playing 2048. I'm trying to match stuff everywhere. Anyone else hooked?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,624 ✭✭✭TheBody

What's the story with all the trees being cut down? Bonfire night is ages away? In other news, I can't stop playing 2048. I'm trying to match stuff everywhere. Anyone else hooked?

They are cutting them down to make room for the new education building.

Accountancy seminar in St Patricks yesterday, reminds me of when Mr Burns bought the Springfield church, one line in particular. Get your money changed at the temple.

TheBody wrote: »
    They are cutting them down to make room for the new education building.

I thought it was to make is safer 'cos the trees were making that area really dark at night blocking the lights in that area

New building makes sense though....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,624 ✭✭✭TheBody

I thought it was to make is safer 'cos the trees were making that area really dark at night blocking the lights in that area

New building makes sense though....

It was meant to be finished for Froebel moving to the college but they are only starting it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭Alt_Grrr

TheBody wrote: »
    It was meant to be finished for Froebel moving to the college but they are only starting it now.

It wasn't really, the plan was for them to move to Maynooth and then start work on the new building.

The tender wasn't even put online until they moved on campus.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭qwerty1991

Hey, just wondering has anyone else experienced this. Maximus (on main street) has that half price daily menu. I went in tonight, at 1 am and asked for the daily half price item. One of the 2 staff looked at me for 5 seconds and said no, the half price items are only optional until 10 pm.

Now I wasnt and am not drunk (had 2 drinks between 9 pm and 1 am).They charged me full price which ended up being more than half price dearer for it.

I am sooo mad. I eat at Maximus regularly ( Im sooooo lazy :() I have that half price daily menu learned off by heart and it doesnt day anywhere only until 10pm.

I am just wondering if they have tried to screw anyone else thinking they are drunk, etc. Or have I missed out this important line on the menu saying only until 10pm for the last few months.

Sorry for the fast food rant but do not come between a girl and her chipper!!! :P :/

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

qwerty1991 wrote: »
    Hey, just wondering has anyone else experienced this. Maximus (on main street) has that half price daily menu. I went in tonight, at 1 am and asked for the daily half price item. One of the 2 staff looked at me for 5 seconds and said no, the half price items are only optional until 10 pm.

Now I wasnt and am not drunk (had 2 drinks between 9 pm and 1 am).They charged me full price which ended up being more than half price dearer for it.

I am sooo mad. I eat at Maximus regularly ( Im sooooo lazy :() I have that half price daily menu learned off by heart and it doesnt day anywhere only until 10pm.

I am just wondering if they have tried to screw anyone else thinking they are drunk, etc. Or have I missed out this important line on the menu saying only until 10pm for the last few months.

Sorry for the fast food rant but do not come between a girl and her chipper!!! :P :/

I can't say for definite but those types of offers nearly always have an early enough cut off time. 10pm seems late tbh!
    Maybe check the small print on the display in the window next time you're by there?

Also, I'm being smart here but were you looking for Monday or Tuesday's special? :P

It is usually in the window until 9pm and up on the screen behind the counter until about 9:45, technically after 12am means it's the next day so the offer has expired.

It doesn't say anywhere what time the offer ends though.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭qwerty1991

Haha i asked for tuesdays actually! But i would have been happy with mondays! :P

Yeah I just knew in my head that Ive def gotten those deal things after 10pm and it doesnt have a time on the poster saying it ends at a time.

I just was Huuuungggrrrry last night and annoyed! :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭whats_my_name

The lack of room & facilities on campus is really pissing me off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭DylanII

The lack of room & facilities on campus is really pissing me off.

What facilities are you looking for?

goldeneye_facility.jpg

Many of you will not get this. Thwip! will definitely get it.

There was fire/smoke coming from the roof of the roost today approx 16:15/16:30 anyone know what was up with that ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

banquo wrote: »
    goldeneye_facility.jpg

Many of you will not get this. Thwip! will definitely get it.

XS5LK.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭Alt_Grrr

DylanII wrote: »
    What facilities are you looking for?

I can't see what Maynooth could possibly need, we have a nice new library, a great adequate gas chamber swimming pool,... eh... hats...

I mean what else do you want?

"I'm not made of international airports!"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭upinthesky

A few more seating areas would be nice,when the sun comes out i find all the benches are taking up..

Anyone know whens the science ball this year ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭Doctor Strange

Anyone know whens the science ball this year ?

April 8th

Advertisement