Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion? 2!!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭JellyBeans92

aaabbbb wrote: »
    Anyone know whens the science ball this year ?

it's April 8th, and further details can be found on the Facebook Event Page
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Boeing777

What happened to the revolving door in the library? Glass everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭Alt_Grrr

lisar816 wrote: »
    A few more seating areas would be nice,when the sun comes out i find all the benches are taking up..

The trouble with those sort of amenities is that everyone who has the power to get new benches installed already has a comfortable chair at their desk and wouldn't want be seen sitting outside when they are supposed to be working.

I feel like nobody is really interested in how the campus functions on a day to day basis. Take the footpaths for example, they are just thrown down any old way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭aaabbbb

Alt_Grrr wrote: »
    The trouble with those sort of amenities is that everyone who has the power to get new benches installed already has a comfortable chair at their desk and wouldn't want be seen sitting outside when they are supposed to be working.

I feel like nobody is really interested in how the campus functions on a day to day basis. Take the footpaths for example, they are just thrown down any old way.

The lack of adequate lighting around certain parts of campus should probably be addressed

The lack of adequate lighting around certain parts of campus should probably be addressed

Banquo tried and tried again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭DylanII

Have to agree and with all the new building popping up its just not so open anymore, so easier for something to happen without anyone seeing anything.

DylanII wrote: »
    Have to agree and with all the new building popping up its just not so open anymore, so easier for something to happen without anyone seeing anything.

Around the back of Phoenix is actually pitch black where the astro turf is if the astro isn't in use and the floodlights for it aren't turned on theres no street type lighting at all back there

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

The South Campus is pitch black in parts, it is especially dangerous around the swimming pool where there are kids coming out of swimming lessons and there are cars driving by.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Alt_Grrr wrote: »
    Banquo tried and tried again.

Some people just don't want to see the world burn, or anything else, because it's dark.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Boeing777 wrote: »
    What happened to the revolving door in the library? Glass everywhere.

I heard some guy ran into it and he broke it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭whats_my_name

DylanII wrote: »
    What facilities are you looking for?

A library that was able to facilitate even a third of students on campus!! Why has nothing been done to the old part?? There is so much wasted space in it... Wanted to print something off for a lecture yesterday & couldn't find a free computer anywhere (I did find a computer room I didn't know existed though on the ground floor but it was full!)

Why did they decide to bring Froebel students onto our campus & then wait awhile to build facilities for them? Why not wait until their buildings were ready & then move?

Reading room has constantly been full this last few days, got a seat in it today & was amazed at the number of people who left everything behind them & disappear for an hour or more, possibly to go to lectures!

There just isn't enough room for everyone & it's only gonna get worse as exam time looms! If anyone knows of any secret computer rooms/study rooms PM me!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭DylanII

A library that was able to facilitate even a third of students on campus!! Why has nothing been done to the old part?? There is so much wasted space in it... Wanted to print something off for a lecture yesterday & couldn't find a free computer anywhere (I did find a computer room I didn't know existed though on the ground floor but it was full!)

Why did they decide to bring Froebel students onto our campus & then wait awhile to build facilities for them? Why not wait until their buildings were ready & then move?

Reading room has constantly been full this last few days, got a seat in it today & was amazed at the number of people who left everything behind them & disappear for an hour or more, possibly to go to lectures!

There just isn't enough room for everyone & it's only gonna get worse as exam time looms! If anyone knows of any secret computer rooms/study rooms PM me!!

The old part is in use. You can use it anytime the new library is open. There are even some computers in there. There are also a few rooms in the library that have computers, the ones that are just dotted around randomly are most likely to be free.

You can print at other places around the college not just in the library.

The Frobel thing definitely was stupid, but they still seem to have enough space for their lectures.

People leaving their stuff in the reading room is not due to a lack of facilities.
    They can not make the reading room bigger but they do have a huge library for you to go an read in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭barleybooley

banquo wrote: »
    Some people just don't want to see the world burn, or anything else, because it's dark.

Pretty sure the darkness would make for better viewing of the world burning if they did want to watch it?

Anyway, yes, terrible lighting. The path up by those completely out of place kinda durrty looking wooden statue yokes (seriously, why are they there?) is horrendous. Every night I walk up it, I think it'd be so easy to fall or, y'know, for a boogeyman or boogemen to hide in the bushes. Yet there's money for poor commissioned art.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

I would very much like to not be awake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

They should install timers for the seats like they have in Trinity I think. You press the button and a red light comes on for 15 minutes so you can go smoke, get a drink or walk around a bit, but once the light goes out its fair game. This need to be brought in an enforced. With a DCU like robocop for the library if necessary.

They should install timers for the seats like they have in Trinity I think. You press the button and a red light comes on for 15 minutes so you can go smoke, get a drink or walk around a bit, but once the light goes out its fair game. This need to be brought in an enforced. With a DCU like robocop for the library if necessary.

DCU robocop ?

They did build new facilities, they converted a block of Rye hall to accommodate their staff and provide them extra teaching space while they work on a new building.

There is never going to be a happy state with regards facilities and their usage. It seems like everyone would like to have lots of facilities that are basically underused to accommodate them. That's not going to happen.

I've did contract work for a company where most employees aren't even assigned a desk. And there are less desks then staff. So think of it like a reflection of the real world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

DCU robocop ?

Prowls the library in DCU telling people to STFU basically.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭karl_m

If you ever did Computer science or a Computational Physics module, you have access to a computer room, (I'm counting 20 usable computers) and I'm the only one in the room as of the last hour. It's in the Mathematical Physics department. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Oscars Well.

Anyone know where the Junior Infirmary is?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Boeing777

I *think* it's sandwiched between rhetoric house and the swimming pool. I could be wrong though.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Hardest place ever to get to!

Do you know where the small garden is up towards Loftus? It's the building at the end of there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Oscars Well.

Hardest place ever to get to!

Do you know where the small garden is up towards Loftus? It's the building at the end of there.

Thanks :) Have to do a History exam in an office there on Monday! :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 366 ✭✭Juan_Mata

When do ye all finish up for the summer? I'm gonna miss the studenty vibe around Maynooth when ye all go away. :(

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Juan_Mata wrote: »
    When do ye all finish up for the summer? I'm gonna miss the studenty vibe around Maynooth when ye all go away. :(

End of May - exams start the 16th. Plenty of time to soak up our atmosphere! :)

End of May - exams start the 16th. Plenty of time to soak up our atmosphere! :)

I like seeing the students walk home as I drive home from work. Some nice ladies to look at too. :P (I'm 22 so not an old man :P)

Same with the gym, seems to be full of students.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Prawo_Jazdy

Juan_Mata wrote: »
    I like seeing the students walk home as I drive home from work. Some nice ladies to look at too. :P (I'm 22 so not an old man :P)

Same with the gym, seems to be full of students.

EKX5R7Y.jpg

EKX5R7Y.jpg

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭spartacus815

Have a listen peeps or Captain Ireland will find you and threaten you with bondage with Enda Kenny :P

http://www.mixcloud.com/padraigfallon52/a-game-of-charts-march-27th/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

It's actually not funny how early I have to be up:

10006917_10153962425830573_83173755_n.jpg

Advertisement