Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion? 2!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Have a week between my exams! So, so happy! :D

Had a horrendous 3x3 hour exams in a 4 day period (Friday, Saturday & Monday) in January and it honestly nearly killed me.

My exams are on Saturday's from 3.30-6.30 but could be worse I suppose! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Oscars Well.

Anyone taking third year English - am I right in assuming that EN355 (WORLD LITERATURE 2) is 100% exam this year? Because it was 100% essay last year, meaning there were only two written exams for English in semester 2. Is there any particular reason that they've changed it?

Yeah 100% exam this year. I'm pretty sure it was assessed through a take-home exam last year. No idea why they changed it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭spartacus815

So, have two exams this semester: BI606 Applied and Molecular Immunology (done the module last year, doing it again for the master in immunology programme) on Saturday the 17th at 9:30 a.m. and then BI607 Introduction to Bioinformatics on Thursday the 22nd at 12:30pm. Have two weeks off and then I start my summer lab project for 12 weeks from June to August. Exciting times Ahead :)

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭I Am_Not_Ice

I'm pretty sure it was assessed through a take-home exam last year. No idea why they changed it :(

Yup, 100% take-home exam last year. It was so handy - two 1000 to 1500 word essay-style answers (one from each section of the course), and we had a full week in which to do it. Really took some of the pressure off come exam time!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

aaabbbb wrote: »
    When I was reading through the job description for the RA's it mentioned something about being present over christmas inc xmas day

Do they really have to be around for Christmas or what's that all about ?

I think it's a case of as long as there's people on campus there has to be RAs around. I'm not 100% on that for Christmas day though

• Advertisement

17th, 19th and 21st. My birthday is the 18th :-(

Only advantage to that timetable is that I now know that I can work at the One Direction concerts. Was gonna be in major trouble if I couldn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭qwerty1991

Planemo wrote: »
    My streak of finishing on the last day possible continues!

I feel your pain. Every year I get awful timetables including this year. Last semester I had 4 exams in 3 days.

And always in until the very last exam on the very last day! o well............ That means summmmmmerrrr! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

17th, 19th and 21st. My birthday is the 18th :-(

Holy shit, so's mine!

Holy shit, so's mine!

I'm pretty sure that that makes the of us now! :-)

We should have boardsie birthday beers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭Doctor Strange

Exams on 28th and 29th. Handy out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 360 ✭✭ConstantJoe

Planemo wrote: »
    Eh, is this a misguided April Fools or just another bit of bad PR for the college?

There are unisex bathrooms in Maynooth?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Oscars Well.

Yup, 100% take-home exam last year. It was so handy - two 1000 to 1500 word essay-style answers (one from each section of the course), and we had a full week in which to do it. Really took some of the pressure off come exam time!

God, that sounds class! I've only 4 exams anyway (3 in English!) so not too bad I suppose!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭How so Joe

There are unisex bathrooms in Maynooth?

Definitely in the library, anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭Alt_Grrr

How so Joe wrote: »
    Definitely in the library, anyways.

I thought that was for staff?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭How so Joe

Alt_Grrr wrote: »
    I thought that was for staff?

I dunno, man, I don't even go here.
    I'm sure there's a unisex bathroom in the corridor leading towards the fees and grants and records office, too.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,142 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

There is one up in Education House just before the Academic Advisory Office too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

I thought the one in the library was for transgender students.

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭Alt_Grrr

I thought the one in the library was for transgender students.

And the combination lock that was visible on the door was a test, only the truly trans-gendered would know the secret combination.

Nah its for library staff. Which I think is fair considering how many people have made it this far and still can't use a toilet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

And the combination lock that was visible on the door was a test, only the truly trans-gendered would know the secret combination.

Nah its for library staff. Which I think is fair considering how many people have made it this far and still can't use a toilet.

Ah cool didn't know there was a combination.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Which I think is fair considering how many people have made it this far and still can't use a toilet.

I love Alt_Grrr.

• Advertisement

I can so use a toilet, it's just peeing my pants makes me warm and if I don't dry it off fuzzy, so there. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭JayEnnis

What's the big deal with Uni-sex toilets? Nearly every workplace has them.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Prawo_Jazdy

same with most houses i've been into

JayEnnis wrote: »
    What's the big deal with Uni-sex toilets? Nearly every workplace has them.
    Something something liberal agenda.

To paraphrase A Song of Ice and Fire. How do you think the debate on same sex marriage will end tonight. In Fire and Blood.

I think I heard that a few years back, one of the opponents of gay marriage in the debate attacked someone on the other side. This could get ugly.

Anyone wants to do a mix tape of The Pet Shop Boys and Ave Maria might prevent a war.

I think I heard that a few years back, one of the opponents of gay marriage in the debate attacked someone on the other side. This could get ugly.

Or fun depending on what humor you're in!

Good point, I remember when Theological Soc invited an exorcist. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Good point, I remember when Theological Soc invited an exorcist. :pac:

f a b u l o u s

Advertisement