Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion? 2!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,142 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

f a b u l o u s

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQmDYbLUBKSza1CSEL_3vHKHO9l6JuIBDPRDLMY6Lwd5pmLFFlS0Q

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

WTF I HATE WASPS GET AWAY

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭Alt_Grrr

How did the debate go? I sorta wanted to go, just to watch it unfold/pour petrol on the flames.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Toshi101

Some of the oppositions "arguments" made for uncomfortable and frustrating listening. I was quite surprised by the amount opposing the motion but to each their own. Personally I think we'll look back in 20 years and think it amazing that this debate was ever even necessary

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Prawo_Jazdy

what debate was on?

(i'm assuming we're still not still talking about toilets)

• Advertisement

what debate was on?

(i'm assuming we're still not still talking about toilets)

It was on same sex marriage.

Alt_Grrr wrote: »
    It was on same sex marriage.

oh lmfao, I thought it might have been something else when toshi said it was "necessary". I thought that more necessary as in we need to find out which side is correct more than necessary in that we just have to sit by this while we wait for the inevitable equality to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,942 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

On a lighter note, I find the music being piped into Dunnes Stores horrendous. It's either a Glen Hansard clone, a shit-tier redneck/country musician or some bint who howls "AHHHHHHHH"s, "EHHHHHHHH"s and "OWWWWWW"s into a microphone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

I LOVE MY JOB
    BkzENh8IYAAgSxk.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭jubella

Spiderman really does have the whole eh... package... doesn't he?

• Advertisement

spodermin pls

jubella wrote: »
    Spiderman really does have the whole eh... package... doesn't he?

He REALLY loves comics :P

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭littleblackDRS

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSF4mD7HxdNekIwm1h4HhksrzrvlMib52OGcz_EMpIgPtdDG31h4w

Awkward moment when your housemate is trying to get you to help her sext a guy on Tinder...

I CAN'T EVEN!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

spodermin pls

This actually put a massive grin on me.

So, how much of a shitstorm was whipped up during the gay marriage debate?

Thwip! wrote: »
    Awkward moment when your housemate is trying to get you to help her sext a guy on Tinder...

I CAN'T EVEN!

if its any consolation,
    it was awkward for all of us on the other end too...

Alt_Grrr wrote: »
    if its any consolation,
    it was awkward for all of us on the other end too...

HE'S IN THE HOUSE NOW

I CAN'T EVEN

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

I'm just posting this all up in here. Everyone must go.

sooo many poll choices lmfao.

when was the last time there was a successful beers?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

sooo many poll choices lmfao.

when was the last time there was a successful beers?

Pick as many dates that suit!

eh... Last year?

btw , i'm a re-reg, was on here before as wonton, took two years off tho since 2012 and coming back in september.

I was at 3 beers in 2012 so must of meet one or two of yiz before, altho one of them everyone ended up not being able to make it and It was just me sipping a fosters and wipping my tears with a beer mat :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,624 ✭✭✭TheBody

Ah Jaysus, is it Easter yet. I need a break.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,774 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Where would I go to exchange currency in town? Want to change some pounds back to euro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

A bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,774 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

A bank.

This sounds stupid, but will any bank do it? Never done it before. ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Yup any bank. Won't exchange coins though, only notes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

Yay beer! I'll make it most days, I finish work at 9 in the village so I can pop in after!

FYI:
    Easter Arrangements 2014 - the University will close on the evening of Thursday 17 April 2014 and will reopen on the morning of Monday 28 April 2014.

The majority of University and College buildings will be locked or on the access control system from Thursday evening 17 April 2014 until the morning of Monday 28 April 2014.

Access for Staff and Post Graduates will be facilitated though there will be restrictions over the Easter weekend. In general access over the Easter weekend, Good Friday to Easter Monday, will be restricted to the core hours of 9 am to 6 pm only.

Access for Under Graduate students is generally restricted to the Arts Building and the Library within the agreed days below.

All Classrooms, Lecture Halls and Tutorial Rooms will be locked unless prior arrangements have been made with the Conference Office.

LIBRARY: The Library will close at midnight on Thursday evening, 17 April for the Easter Bank holiday weekend and will reopen on Tuesday morning 22 April at 8.30am.

ARTS BUILDING: The Arts Building will be open during the Easter period. The PACR in the Arts Building will also be open.

SPORTS CENTRE: The Sports Centre will be closed on Easter Monday 21 April 2014.

The grounds to the rear of the College will be closed to the public from 6pm on Wednesday 16 April until 12 noon on Easter Sunday morning.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭thirteen.

Whats the story with first yr Experimental Physics tutorial attendance? It was mentioned at the start of first semester in a tutorial that it was optional but in the course outline it says attendance at laboratories and tutorials is compulsory and persistent absence may mean disqualification?

Advertisement