Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion? 2!!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭jubella

Everyone's being far too nice. Are ye going to try to get me to join a cult? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Oh it's far too late for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

Here now, look for the guy with glasses and a comic book bag.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Thwip! Is now surrounded by three women too!

Apparently there may be food!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭Doctor Strange

Thwip! Is now surrounded by three women too!

For the first and only time in his life :P

• Advertisement

For the first and only time in his life :P

Name change can't hide you Dar

Thwip! wrote: »
    Name change can't hide you Dar

I know. My **** jokes just give it away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭DylanII

I just realised accommodation in Maynooth is SOOOO expensive! Wanted a room for this Sunday, €99 in the Glenroyal, no way its worth that !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

DylanII wrote: »
    I just realised accommodation in Maynooth is SOOOO expensive! Wanted a room for this Sunday, €99 in the Glenroyal, no way its worth that !!!

Are the ones on south campus all full up or something?
    I thought it was 22 or 25 quid a night. Or do they only do that at exam time?

Edit: yeah, 23.50 sharing : https://www.maynoothcampus.com/Accommodation.aspx
    You have to select a date on the Check Availability thing to see some prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

Thwip where is my promotion??

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭aaabbbb

Drove by a funfair on my way home today and now I've decided there NEEDS to be one at the beach ball !!!!

One can dream....!

aaabbbb wrote: »
    Drove by a funfair on my way home today and now I've decided there NEEDS to be one at the beach ball !!!!

One can dream....!

Also since Mal pops in here sometimes PLEASE DO THIS !!!! even if its just bumper cars PLEASE !!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,942 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Where would we put the bumper cars, and would you be allowed to use them while drinking? :pac:

Where would we put the bumper cars, and would you be allowed to use them while drinking? :pac:

SU car park has plenty of room for some bumper cars ! As for drinking and bumper car driving I suspect gay byrne and his rsa crew would let you off on a few cans ! Once you weren't falling around the place of course :pac:

Could fit one of these in pretty easy too ! http://www.xtremefunfair.ie/our-rides/extreme-rides/indiana-extreme-rides/

Man I'm really taking study procrastination to the extreme :pac:

5000TH POST BITCHES!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

5000TH POST BITCHES!

It...its+you+_512287fadd75da9f16be26abb4f5f916.gif

banquo wrote: »
    It...its+you+_512287fadd75da9f16be26abb4f5f916.gif

Funfair !?

Does anyone know why there's so much traffic on campus today? There's a big enough traffic jam outside my window atm.

Does anyone know why there's so much traffic on campus today? There's a big enough traffic jam outside my window atm.

Everyones over eager to come back for exams ? People moving stuff out early ?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,142 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Anyone know if the Library will now have to be knocked down and rebuilt as an affront to God himself and be renamed the Saint John Paul II Library?

• Advertisement

Anyone know if the Library will now have to be knocked down and rebuilt as an affront to God himself and be renamed the Saint John Paul II Library?

How about they build a funfair instead ! :D

I tell ya I'm on a mission....

• Registered Users Posts: 18,142 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

How about they build a funfair instead ! :D

I tell ya I'm on a mission....

I vote for funfair, it's fun and it's fair. :P

I vote for funfair, it's fun and it's fair. :P

HELL YEAH !!

I'm thinking it could be pitched as giving more scope to the summer ball than just drinking ! The university would lap that right up.

HELL YEAH !!

I'm thinking it could be pitched as giving more scope to the summer ball than just drinking ! The university would lap that right up.

I'll get HOFSOC on it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

Actually... that makes me realise that most of the time when I see things about SU events I just ignore them because I assume it's going to either involve drink, or be in a setting with drinking, so thus it's not for me and I don't take part in anything because of it. Maybe it's something to bear in mind for the next SU crowd, that there are people who don't drink and are uncomfortable around drink who would happily take part in activities if drink wasn't an element. But even if I'm wrong, and there are actually plenty of SU events and activities that have nothing whatsoever to do with drinking... it's the impression I have, the impression that comes across. I feel like I have a (probably misguided) idea that the SU is mostly about drinking and partying, so I avoid it like the plague. I can't be the only one like that.

That was the exact reason that I set up HOFSOC! Because everything in the college seems to be about drink and those who don't are just ignored.

Unfortunately it was hard to drum up the interest for that too though.

I'M GOING TO BE A SAINT! **** YEAH!

Thwip! wrote: »
    I'M GOING TO BE A SAINT! **** YEAH!

Unless your da is JP too, it doesn't count :P

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭deex

That was the exact reason that I set up HOFSOC! Because everything in the college seems to be about drink and those who don't are just ignored.

Unfortunately it was hard to drum up the interest for that too though.

tell me more! :) any events coming up? i'd be on!

• Advertisement

deex wrote: »
    tell me more! :) any events coming up? i'd be on!

A funfair hopefully ;)

Advertisement