Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion? 2!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

howdy!!

Any strange happenings? I gots a new pc today and it's shiny and is touchscreen and is massive and that's about all I know!

It has some 1080p thingy?? I dunno! Fi gave it his pc knowledge seal of approval!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭Doctor Strange

kellief wrote: »
    howdy!!

Any strange happenings? I gots a new pc today and it's shiny and is touchscreen and is massive and that's about all I know!

It has some 1080p thingy?? I dunno! Fi gave it his pc knowledge seal of approval!

1080p means it's HiDef Kellie :L

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

The Gathering Event that should not be named had a funfair of sorts. It could not even save that event.

1080p means it's HiDef Kellie :L

I guessed as much! It's lovely!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

Unless your da is JP too, it doesn't count :P

No I'm JP two...he's JP one ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭Doctor Strange

Thwip! wrote: »
    No I'm JP two...he's JP one ;)

Bra-f***ing-vo :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭aaabbbb

Kiwi_knock wrote: »
    The Gathering Event that should not be named had a funfair of sorts. It could not even save that event.

Gathering ? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,142 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

aaabbbb wrote: »
    Gathering ? :confused:

quite you! the deatheaters are forming up. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 11 HARVEY_KINKLE

First post, feeling pressured into saying something witty or smart(my go to moves/superpowers), first impressions and all that jazz, but drawing a blank, I'll just blame the library cos I'm in it.

First post, feeling pressured into saying something witty or smart(my go to moves/superpowers), first impressions and all that jazz, but drawing a blank, I'll just blame the library cos I'm in it.

welcome to the fun house!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,142 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

One in one out, I have just about flunked out and will be outta here soon for at least a year, life is fun sometimes, not for me though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11 HARVEY_KINKLE

Ha, impeccable timing on my behalf, adding ANOTHER social media account right before exams start

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

Welcome!

This will be your source for all exam-related procrastination advice and also repeatedly refreshing for three days before the results are out.

Anyone know when the start of lectures is in September? I'm trying to book holidays here but I'm not sure what date I can plan from. Also for 4th double honours science do you need to do any pre-registration for modules or is it all online?

Anyone know when the start of lectures is in September? I'm trying to book holidays here but I'm not sure what date I can plan from. Also for 4th double honours science do you need to do any pre-registration for modules or is it all online?
    You can work backwards from Christmas, we'll probably finish class on the 19th of December... there's only ever one week off in semester 1, so the first day of class will probably be the 22nd of September.

This info would normally be on http://registrar.nuim.ie/ImportantDates.shtml but it's probably a little early for that.

IN OTHER NEWS, IT'S 34 WEEKS UNTIL CHRISTMAS!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

:eek: What is this strange black magic window into the future Nostradamus Kiwi_knock?

We must save this and put a link in the sticky. Or some sticky. A relevant sticky thing.

Kiwi_knock wrote: »

Thank you! That's great, I thought I only had till about the 15th as we started on the 16th last semester.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Planemo

Also for 4th double honours science do you need to do any pre-registration for modules or is it all online?
    I think it's all online, just picking which modules you want when registering.

^For everything but first years (BA or MA/PHD) yeah, you do it online.

Or you may have to register in person if you've deferred or something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭Dickie10

is it safe to leave a car on campus overnight, in a car park of course!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭jubella

Dickie10 wrote: »
    is it safe to leave a car on campus overnight, in a car park of course!

I've done it several times and it's always been safe :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭barleybooley

The Social Network, in addition to being an unbelievable film, has a ridiculously good soundtrack. Just sayin' is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Planemo

Have you heard the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo soundtrack? It's even better! (imo ;) )

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭barleybooley

Thank you, Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭DylanII

Couldnt get tickets for the beach ball ... so disappointed :( I got right to the door and then they were gone :mad:

Where would a person find someone to do a quick heat bind on a bunch of A4 pages (roughly 70)? I would've gone to the shop in the Arts Block Annex but it doesn't exist anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭How so Joe

Have those facilities not been moved to the printing press in the SU? Either way, I suspect it would be closed by now, as it's 8pm.

So basically.... I can be of no help whatsoever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

Thank you, Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross!
    Anything by Fincher, Webb or Tarantino always have great soundtracks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭aaabbbb

Queued for 3 hours today for beach ball tickets , the girl in front of me got the last one and I got to see her run merrily off with her ticket while all I got were sore feet and sunburn.

Luckily I live beside a REAL beach so I'm having a beach ball for myself instead :D

Advertisement