Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion? 2!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

Essays are awful. I always preferred just doing exams. Can't stand the continuous assessment stuff. But I may be in a minority there.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,942 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Nah, at least with exams you don't have to worry about learning things off by heart.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭JellyBeans92

Does anyone know when in June the results will be out by chance..?

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭littleblackDRS

This is my 100th post, so I just wanted to put it here :P :pac:

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

This is my 100th post, so I just wanted to put it here :P :pac:

Amateur :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭marko93

First exam Saturday, and I haven't a fecking clue where to start my studying!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭jubella

I've been too busy freaking out about exams to realise I'll never have another lecture in NUIM again. Totes emosh! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11 HARVEY_KINKLE

I'm that annoying guy who annoys everyone when I say "I love exams", maybe it's cos I'm a jock who plays sports so it's the challenge of exams that I like but I don't know, it's the whole one for all and all for oneness of exams/we're all in it together thing that I enjoy. And with that, in only my 3rd post, I become the least popular kid in class

• Registered Users Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭upinthesky

I'm going to fail everything... Wish i had done more during the semester :(

Does anyone know when in June the results will be out by chance..?

27th June

http://examinations.nuim.ie/dates.shtml

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭jubella

I'll be sitting in work frantically refreshing the page to get results that day. This is the same job that requires me to have a 2.1 degree. Has the potential to be an awkward day in the office.

marko93 wrote: »
    First exam Saturday, and I haven't a fecking clue where to start my studying!

At least the CS240 notes are somewhat concise. I can't say the same for two other subjects, though.

At least the CS240 notes are somewhat concise. I can't say the same for two other subjects, though.

I like that he has the slides and just the notes. Makes it easier to study, I think.
    CS211 notes aren't the worst either.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭littleblackDRS

marko93 wrote: »
    CS211 notes aren't the worst either.

That's because Psychology has the worst notes. Ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭Doctor Strange

lisar816 wrote: »

You'd think people would just bookmark that page or something :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭Alt_Grrr

ah exams... I remember those...

That's because Psychology has the worst notes. Ever.

That's why I don't do philosophy.

Well, that and an ambition to get into the gaming industry and either create a rival to Gran Turismo or bring street racing games back to the glory days of NFS Underground 2 and Most Wanted '05. :D

That's why I don't do philosophy.

Well, that and an ambition to get into the gaming industry and either create a rival to Gran Turismo or bring street racing games back to the glory days of NFS Underground 2 and Most Wanted '05. :D

Plz

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭aaabbbb

Need sleep. Can't sleep. Not enough time :(

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭CSSE09

jubella wrote: »
    I've been too busy freaking out about exams to realise I'll never have another lecture in NUIM again. Totes emosh! :(
    I remember my last lecture well, complete waste of time and very anti climatic :D walking out of your last exam though now that's happiness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭How so Joe

CSSE09 wrote: »
    I remember my last lecture well, complete waste of time and very anti climatic :D walking out of your last exam though now that's happiness.

Walking... I believe I skipped out of mine and then chased my friend halfway from the sports hall to Chill in absolute delight.

... Then we were both back there 12 months later doing masters exams.

Thankfully, all exams are now a thing of the past! I will think kindly of all you examinees who start this weekend, as I wander around Rome, leisurely throwing coins into the Trevi fountain and perusing the coliseum.

aaabbbb wrote: »

Sums it all up for me!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

i'm going to fail all my exams

• Registered Users Posts: 18,142 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

i'm going to fail all my exams

No, I'm going to fail all my exams, am doing them in the long corridor again, can someone do me a favour and hang the sign from Dante's Inferno over the entrance.

ABANDON HOPE ALL YE WHO ENTER HERE

All you can do is your best though, just get through them then get **** faced until the results, then if needs be try again in August and get **** faced again, see where I am going, you wont if you are **** faced. :P

All you can do is your best though, just get through them then get **** faced until the results, then if needs be try again in August and get **** faced again, see where I am going, you wont if you are **** faced. :P

Or just you know : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5H91A3Hp8E

I'm looking for a word right now but my brain has seemingly lost its grasp of the english language !

Whats the word when someone is laughing at someone else's appearance etc when they themselves are probably no better ?

My brain keeps insisting its conceited no matter how many times I say no brain wrong definition !

aaabbbb wrote: »

By the time I can use that video I will have an Oculus Rift hooked to a zimmer frame.

I have exams now, essays in summer, year off to sort out ****(aka life) back again to do 30 credits in one year not sure of subject yet, possible nervous breakdown, year off again back to do third year, possibly win Euromillions, build Subway, Burger King and Dominos pizza and Duff Beer/Fudd Beer brewery on campus and flee to paradise somewhere over the rainbow.

Now back to reading about Ancient Greece.

• Advertisement

By the time I can use that video I will have an Oculus Rift hooked to a zimmer frame.

I have exams now, essays in summer, year off to sort out ****(aka life) back again to do 30 credits in one year not sure of subject yet, possible nervous breakdown, year off again back to do third year, possibly win Euromillions, build Subway, Burger King and Dominos pizza and Duff Beer/Fudd Beer brewery on campus and flee to paradise somewhere over the rainbow.

Now back to reading about Ancient Greece.

Whatever you do , keep that dominoes away from XxxMCRBabyxxX :pac:

Advertisement