Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion? 2!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

How so Joe wrote: »
    Also, 2008, so long ago. Was anyone even in the college back then that still posts here (besides our most ancient and venerable banquo)?
    I started in 2008... only reason I joined boards actually.

No they're not sent out for external marking, an external examiner comes in to assess whether the paper was fair or not and has the power to change grades. But he's only given a sample of the overall paper ie 4 or 5 scripts for a class of 100.
    (I think :P)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭How so Joe

mickstupp wrote: »
    I started in 2008... only reason I joined boards actually.

I started in 2008 too, actually. But I started in 08/09, and those minutes are from 07/08. The academic year makes a difference!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

2006, bitches.

/Grandfather of the forum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭jubella

I could have started in 2008 if that counts. But I was too cool and went to UCD. Then I realised it was a ****hole and came to Maynooth :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Thwip! wrote: »
    That post I can still see :P

Shush you!

I might be a tad hungover.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

banquo wrote: »
    I might be a tad hungover.

Then you're underachieving

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

So I decided to google image my name to see what came up (procrastination due to this article - which is all so true!)...

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Toshi101

The study room in the arts block is like a bloody sauna! Also does anyone know if NUIM has a policy on e-cigs/Vapours? I dont want to be that douche that just starts using it in the library or the arts block because "its not illegal"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭aaabbbb

Toshi101 wrote: »
    The study room in the arts block is like a bloody sauna! Also does anyone know if NUIM has a policy on e-cigs/Vapours? I dont want to be that douche that just starts using it in the library or the arts block because "its not illegal"

Dont think theres a policy but personally in the arts block/reading room 'cos that building in general is so stuffy I'd find it annoying

Also I started in 2011 and I'm STILL in first year ! Beat that !

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Also, 2008, so long ago. Was anyone even in the college back then that still posts here (besides our most ancient and venerable banquo)?

In my day (2007) we respected our elders, all the older kids post in grownup forums you kids would know nothing about :pac:

So I decided to google image my name to see what came up (procrastination due to this article - which is all so true!)...

I tried this - work is slooow today - and got this, years later

fleKFCI.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,773 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

aaabbbb wrote: »
    Dont think theres a policy but personally in the arts block/reading room 'cos that building in general is so stuffy I'd find it annoying

Also I started in 2011 and I'm STILL in first year ! Beat that !

Started in 2010, still a first year :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭How so Joe

In my day (2007) we respected our elders, all the older kids post in grownup forums you kids would know nothing about :pac:

This would be more effective if we hadn't been in the same year in school...

Varying results depending on how you search my name

e17spx.jpg

Good luck everyone for the next couple of weeks!

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Toshi101

why do half the plugs (or the two ive tried) in the library not work??? GRRRRRRR

Because it was built in the 80s and did not forsee it basically becoming a net cafe that also has books. There was supposed to be a solution to the supply vs demand for, you know, electricity parallel to building the new library, but, y'now... y'know...

This would be more effective if we hadn't been in the same year in school...

yeah but then you did TY, i escaped earlier, wrecked maynooth so hard in first year and had to leave for other peoples safety :pac:

Im pretty sure I was majorly responsible for rag week 2008 being the last propper one.

* One of the last people to be barred from the LA , (rob is probably the only one who gets the significance of this achievement)

• Advertisement

yeah but then you did TY, i escaped earlier, wrecked maynooth so hard in first year and had to leave for other peoples safety :pac:

Im pretty sure I was majorly responsible for rag week 2008 being the last propper one.

* One of the last people to be barred from the LA , (rob is probably the only one who gets the significance of this achievement)
    Get banned from its American namesake and I'll be impressed

Thwip! wrote: »
    Get banned from its American namesake and I'll be impressed

challenge accepted.

911-cake-7726-1231886474-4.jpg

Terrible cake for my birthday bro, I don't even like planes

• Registered Users Posts: 11,942 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

I'm curious about these "proper" Rag Weeks.

I'm curious about these "proper" Rag Weeks.

before the gathering happened, when the roost stopped serving at 2 and didnt charge in (but you had to get in before 11 to get a stamp to go upstairs) , when you could go to the LA who'd let anyone in and rag week was effectivley 2 weeks of college sanctioned drinking, the SU had a bar ex every night solidly and people could often be seen completely sh*tfaced at 11am , some people even slept on the green around the SU carpark, got back up at 10am and straight back in for more drinking, the whole town just became a huge drink festival really.

Left a bag in the msc with Library books in it yesterday ad now it sems to be gone :(

Left a bag in the msc with Library books in it yesterday ad now it sems to be gone :(
    Did you check the lost and found cabinet?

mickstupp wrote: »
    Did you check the lost and found cabinet?

It'd be too big for the cabinet but I checked with security and he checked the cleaners press and hall F (there was people in there ) but still nothing :(

I'm so silly a girl even picked the bag up as we were leaving and asked if any of us owned it but I forgot I had another bag with me and so she left it on the table :o

FOUND IT ! :D:D:D:D No way could I have ever been able to afford to replace all those books so I'm pretty delighted !

Was in the oddest place too on top of the post box in the arts foyer dont ask me how it got there ?!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭DylanII

FOUND IT ! :D:D:D:D No way could I have ever been able to afford to replace all those books so I'm pretty delighted !

Was in the oddest place too on top of the post box in the arts foyer dont ask me how it got there ?!

If you were in UCD that **** would but on ebay by now :O

Advertisement