Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion? 2!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭aaabbbb

DylanII wrote: »
    If you were in UCD that **** would but on ebay by now :O

With nuim library stamps etc all over them ? Be a bit obvious they were stolen....

Though they seemed to be trying to do a runner of their own accord sitting on the post box

• Registered Users Posts: 5,624 ✭✭✭TheBody

Hi folks. Does anyone know if Londis and/or O'Briens in Hume is open tomorrow?

TheBody wrote: »
    Hi folks. Does anyone know if Londis and/or O'Briens in Hume is open tomorrow?

Doubt it but I'll run over and check opening times for ou o my next study break :)

Give me somewhere to go instead of wandering aimlesly around for 15 mins :pac:

aaabbbb wrote: »
    Doubt it but I'll run over and check opening times for ou o my next study break :)

Give me somewhere to go instead of wandering aimlesly around for 15 mins :pac:

Sweet! Thank a mill.

Sweet! Thank a mill.

No problem I actualy just got back :pac:

Londis is definately closed but theres no opening/closing times for obriens so I cant say but I wouldn't have much hope in it being open

• Advertisement

aaabbbb wrote: »
    No problem I actualy just got back :pac:

Londis is definately closed but theres no opening/closing times for obriens so I cant say but I wouldn't have much hope in it being open

Thanks for that. I doubt O'Briens will be open either. How's the study going?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Sign outside a coffee shop in Baggot Street today:

"Today's special: Nothing.

Nothing is special.

You are not special.

XXX"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

What's the general consensus on all-nighters folks? Feeling very, very unprepared for an exam tomorrow at 3.30 and I really don't want to have to repeat it.

I was planning on staying up till 12 and then getting back up at 5 to study. But i'm wondering would it be better to stay up for those few hours?

Back in my degree days, a guy in my class pulled an all nighter for a 9:30 exam. The problem is that he fell asleep at 8am and missed the exam!!

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Planemo

What's the general consensus on all-nighters folks? Feeling very, very unprepared for an exam tomorrow at 3.30 and I really don't want to have to repeat it.

I was planning on staying up till 12 and then getting back up at 5 to study. But i'm wondering would it be better to stay up for those few hours?
    You'll do a lot better with some sleep in you, those 5 hours won't make much of a difference if you're not retaining anything from tiredness. You could sleep to 6 or 7 and still get ~8 hours in.

• Advertisement

Thanks for that. I doubt O'Briens will be open either. How's the study going?

Youre weclome. I enjoyed the adventure :pac:

I've spent most of the day on boards so....FANTASTIC ! ;)

The crux of eeding a computer to study :L

ps I FREAKING HATE STATS !!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Planemo wrote: »
    You'll do a lot better with some sleep in you, those 5 hours won't make much of a difference if you're not retaining anything from tiredness. You could sleep to 6 or 7 and still get ~8 hours in.

Yeah I know you're right, thanks guys! Hate the pressure associated with exams, absolute worst. Assignments i'd gladly do all the time if I could in place. I'm sure almost everyone is of the same opinion but anyway, we'll try and get through tomorrow and scrape the pass :o

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Where could one get breakfast/lunch on campus on a exam Saturday like today? Everywhere seems to be closed.

Where could one get breakfast/lunch on campus on a exam Saturday like today? Everywhere seems to be closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 HARVEY_KINKLE

The exam Gods are summoning me today, exam no.1, something so so so wrong about sitting an exam on a Saturday, through years and years of training, my brain has taught itself to switch off for the weekend, save the battery etc, oh well, 3.30 it is, it's clobberin' time!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 paulio99

How hard is it to get 10 percent in a History exam? I have worked out my calculations and that is all I need!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭marko93

If I know 4 topics out of 8 extremely well, that's better than knowing a bit about 6 topics, right? RIGHT?

I've to answer 8 out of 10 questions, but I'm close to fully prepared for 4, which is half of the 70% for the exam , so, 35% and with my CA at 28/29% that's like a grade of 50-63/64%... I'll take it.

Thanks guys for helping me with figuring that one :P

The maths is probably wrong, but sure look I didn't have to repeat 4 maths modules for nothing. I'll just take the pass at this point :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

mcr, Phoenix is open!

kellief wrote: »
    mcr, Phoenix is open!

Headed over to Starbucks so I'm happy for now.
    I have just got one thing to say about my exam today:
    Oh god, oh god, oh god, oh god, oh god, oh god, etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

What you should do is head out to Dundrum to get food with your hungover co-mod

and be get food I mean....BRING BREAKFAST ROLLS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 paulio99

Would one need to study if one requires just 10 percent in one's history exam?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,773 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

paulio99 wrote: »

You still need to hit 25% or else it's a technical failure and you can't compensate. Just be prepared.

Best motivational toilet door ever. It's actually brightened me up a little!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,140 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

My first exam is on monday, time for a nap. :D

paulio99 wrote: »

Study for your exam. Just because you don't need much to pass doesn't mean that's all you should aim for. Some exams require you to pass the actual exam even with CA.

Study for your exam. Just because you don't need much to pass doesn't mean that's all you should aim for. Some exams require you to pass the actual exam even with CA.

It also looks better on your transcript

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Delighted I don't have to do exams anymore. Post grad land is truly a magical place sometimes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭jubella

1 down yesterday, 5 to go :(
    I feel quite bad - Everyone's walking on eggshells around me because I'm such a big bag of stress!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,140 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

What is the library like for printing at the moment with the new wireless system?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭littleblackDRS

What is the library like for printing at the moment with the new wireless system?

Slow! But grand really! You just have to put in your password for every file you want to print, then it seems to print really slowly (it did for me anyway).

Advertisement