Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion? 2!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭spartacus815

not really coding, u learn a bit of it, but not alot. It's just a description of the various software/applications you can use to understand genomes and evolutionary relationships and you have some computer practicals where you see the software in action

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Wish I understood economics :))

• Registered Users Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

deise_girl wrote: »

You doing ec101b tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭aaabbbb

Wish I could do Stats Stupid stupid bell curves :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,140 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Wish I had an eidetic memory.

Is failing an exam so miserably you want to die afterwards better than not doing it at all.

• Advertisement

Wish I had an eidetic memory.

Is failing an exam so miserably you want to die afterwards better than not doing it at all.

Yes because at least you tried

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    You doing ec101b tomorrow?

In theory yes, I might run in the opposite direction of the exam centre yet though!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

In theory yes, I might run in the opposite direction of the exam centre yet though!
    You'll be grand! I'm packing in it for tonight and I'll try study tomorrow, good thing it's the late exam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭thirteen.

aaabbbb wrote: »
    Wish I could do Stats Stupid stupid bell curves :mad:

I'm ok with stats, but Calculus on Saturday is going to kill me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,941 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

I'm so glad I'm done with calculus.

• Advertisement

thirteen. wrote: »
    I'm ok with stats, but Calculus on Saturday is going to kill me.

The time its at being 9:30 on a Saturday has me freaked I'm gonna miss it !:(

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Planemo

How I sum up studying for the bioinformatics exam for Thursday
    I'm doing the 3rd year module for that, literally no idea how to study for it.
    My Biology modules are actually harder than the Physics ones. We're through the looking glass, people.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Boeing777

Planemo wrote: »
    My Biology modules are actually harder than the Physics ones. We're through the looking glass, people.

I agree with that. My Chemistry modules are a lot easier than Biology. I think Chemistry and Physics are just more accessible to study than Biology. I really didn't think Biology would come down to just rote learning essays :( With Chemistry and Physics you have to understand things and not just 'know' it like Biology. That's my view anyway!

Boeing777 wrote: »
    I agree with that. My Chemistry modules are a lot easier than Biology. I think Chemistry and Physics are just more accessible to study than Biology. I really didn't think Biology would come down to just rote learning essays :( With Chemistry and Physics you have to understand things and not just 'know' it like Biology. That's my view anyway!

Wouldn't just learning things off not be easier than having to actually understand them ?

Thats why I prefer Biology anyway ! Even if you don't understand you can just learn it and it'll be fine.

I hate studying being stuck there with a problem and not being able to solve it or having the wrong answer after solving it but not knowing why ! Where with Biology if you don't know an answer you can just look in the book/notes and its there , so you know if you were right or wrong.

Wouldn't just learning things off not be easier than having to actually understand them ?

Thats why I prefer Biology anyway ! Even if you don't understand you can just learn it and it'll be fine.

I hate studying being stuck there with a problem and not being able to solve it or having the wrong answer after solving it but not knowing why ! Where with Biology if you don't know an answer you can just look in the book/notes and its there , so you know if you were right or wrong.
    I just thought that at this point, the exam questions would be more "Use the concepts you've studied to explain this scenario" and less "regurgitate the concepts word for word with some shítty diagrams to boot".

I just thought that at this point, the exam questions would be more "Use the concepts you've studied to explain this scenario" and less "regurgitate the concepts word for word with some shítty diagrams to boot".

But you cant bate an aul spot of colouring in an exam !

True, I have my gel pens packed and ready to go :pac:

I'm doing the 3rd year module for that, literally no idea how to study for it.

We're both in the same class. I'm one of the 14 masters students in the 3rd year class and we're all literally bricking it for the exam.

True, I have my gel pens packed and ready to go :pac:

Half my exams through my degree are probably colouring :pac:

Though we write a bit too :p

Instead of Bsc Biological and Biomedical science it should be renamed " Bsc Complex scientific coloring and regurgitation of literature sciences "

We're both in the same class. I'm one of the 14 masters students in the 3rd year class and we're all literally bricking it for the exam.
    Oh, our exam isn't till the 29th. Extra week to cry study, I'm so lucky!

• Advertisement

Oh, our exam isn't till the 29th. Extra week to cry study, I'm so lucky!

Good luck anyways. I did well in the CA bit of the course, but I do want to do well in this. David's stuff seems ok, and James bit is a bit more complex. We have two sections A and B and we answer two essay questions, one from section a and one from B in two hours (standard biology format paper lol)

Good luck anyways.
    You too, I think we're gonna need it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Heyor lads if ye wanna know pain.

One of the 2nd year Psychology modules is on Thought and Language. Sounds interesting right?

NO

One of the questions is devoted to the structure of sentences...

I genuinely just can't

I genuinely just can't

Try finishing the sentences. It'll get ya good attempt marks :P

Good luck anyways. I did well in the CA bit of the course, but I do want to do well in this. David's stuff seems ok, and James bit is a bit more complex. We have two sections A and B and we answer two essay questions, one from section a and one from B in two hours (standard biology format paper lol)

I think Bioinformatics has 5 short questions worth 10 marks each and one long essay question worth 50 marks. I don't know if you guys have a different paper though.

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    You'll be grand! I'm packing in it for tonight and I'll try study tomorrow, good thing it's the late exam.

I more or less finished up at 9pm yesterday and 12 hours later I regret everything. I've actually never been so worried about an exam before! But yea thank god its half 3, Im going to need that amount of time..

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Boeing777

Nope, I'm the total opposite. It takes me so much time to learn something off :o I much prefer to understand something and link it with what I already know. If I understand something well enough I can write an essay on it. That's just the type of learner I am. I'm doing Science Ed as well so I can't really afford to learn something off without knowing why/how because I might have to teach it someday.

I think Bioinformatics has 5 short questions worth 10 marks each and one long essay question worth 50 marks. I don't know if you guys have a different paper though.

Yeah it's different. Our module code is BI607 so different format to BI315.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Boeing777 wrote: »
    Nope, I'm the total opposite. It takes me so much time to learn something off :o I much prefer to understand something and link it with what I already know. If I understand something well enough I can write an essay on it. That's just the type of learner I am. I'm doing Science Ed as well so I can't really afford to learn something off without knowing why/how because I might have to teach it someday.

I'm the same with my subjects. A lot of people approach law with a learn everything off technique but I'm more about understanding the cases so I can approach the question. Problem questions are great for that too. This is also why I always do terribly in History exams.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

I have gotten google ads for _nothing_ but lingerie for a few weeks now. I think Google is hitting on me.

Advertisement