Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion? 2!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭How so Joe

I have a history exam in 40 minutes. It's tempting!

You don't even drink!
    Although I can see why final year history would drive you to it!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

How so Joe wrote: »
    You don't even drink!
    Although I can see why final year history would drive you to it!

Exactly

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

You can say that again.

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭DylanII

I just realised that Im now able to apply for social welfare, Im not sure if that makes me happy or sad :/ Happy that I will now have €100 a week or sad because Im no longer a student, but now unemployed :O

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

DylanII wrote: »
    I just realised that Im now able to apply for social welfare, Im not sure if that makes me happy or sad :/ Happy that I will now have €100 a week or sad because Im no longer a student, but now unemployed :O

Gotta wait 3 months before you apply.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭aaabbbb

Seaneh wrote: »
    Gotta wait 3 months before you apply.

No that only applies to secondary school students. I know someone who graduated from Maynooth and got the dole right away while waiting to go into their masters in September.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,624 ✭✭✭TheBody

aaabbbb wrote: »
    No that only applies to secondary school students. I know someone who graduated from Maynooth and got the dole right away while waiting to go into their masters in September.

Think you are correct. From here:

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/social_welfare/social_welfare_payments/unemployed_people/jobseekers_allowance.html

Students

If you have just left school you cannot get Jobseeker's Allowance. To get Jobseeker's Allowance you must have been out of school for three months and you must be at least 18 years of age.
    Third-level students cannot claim Jobseeker's Allowance or Benefit while they are studying full-time. This disqualification also applies to the summer holiday periods between academic years (unless you are a mature student). However once you have finished college permanently you can claim a jobseeker's payment if you cannot find work. This is also the case if you leave college without finishing your course.

TheBody wrote: »

I am. I also was able to claim jobseekers immediately from the day I deferred college last year once I gave them a letter saying I was no longer a student.

Though I didn't get it in the end cos my mum earns €8 too much :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭littleblackDRS

Or ones with honestly 0 social / engagement skills, whose notes consists of pictures of animals shouting at one another with no explanation/reference to allow us to understand why exactly we're making notes on monkeys scream tactics

(I'm in a real course I swear)

I can vouch for this

p016d9bg.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Oscars Well.

I have a history exam in 40 minutes. It's tempting!

HY311? :p

I thought it was a nice exam, she pretty much put everything on it she said she would!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Boeing777

Had an exam today where the lecturers changed the exam layout without any prior warning whatsoever. Granted, it wasn't a huge change but it was a change nonetheless. If someone was flustered enough it could have resulted in a scenario where they didn't answer enough questions. Not cool!

I thought it was a nice exam, she pretty much put everything on it she said she would!

That's the one! I was totally unprepared but she was quite kind in the end. I expected worse!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

I can vouch for this

p016d9bg.jpg

Our lives oh my god :pac:

I can vouch for this

p016d9bg.jpg

Worst is when they put these in the notes you're supposed to print out, you don't realise they're there and then you waste all your ink on the stupid pointless pictures.... :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭whats_my_name

You have a lecturer that tells you what's coming up in the exam?? I'm starting to feel hard done by :-(

You have a lecturer that tells you what's coming up in the exam?? I'm starting to feel hard done by :-(

Ah you know the usual "recommended topics"

Ah you know the usual "recommended topics"

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Toshi101

whats this I hear about a break-in in starbucks in the library last night?

Definitely happened. My friend works there so was telling me earlier. I don't know what happened though. Someone must have been really desperate for coffee!

Definitely happened. My friend works there so was telling me earlier. I don't know what happened though. Someone must have been really desperate for coffee!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

I found a cup close to the scene that reveals the perpetrator.

black-guy.jpg
    :pac:
    *Cough* Im not racist But... *Cough*

FFS another double post?! I've decided that I'm no longer deleting these and you lot can just deal with them. They're my signature now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭How so Joe

Ironically, the post saying that we can all just deal with your double posting was not, in fact, a double post.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,140 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Regarding the Starbucks incident, I didn't do it, nobody saw me do it, you can't prove anything...

Anyone need some cheap Starbucks coffee, get your cheap coffee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭DylanII

Does anyone know if it will be possible to get my car out of the South Campus after they close the gates... Forgot I left it there and wont be able to go get it until about 1/2am ...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Ask at the gate :)

DylanII wrote: »
    Does anyone know if it will be possible to get my car out of the South Campus after they close the gates... Forgot I left it there and wont be able to go get it until about 1/2am ...

Security in the hut should let you out =)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭upinthesky

The thoughts of my maths exam tomorrow (integration), and the worst thing is i have no idea what way the paper will look..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,941 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

It should be grand, as long as you remember how you did your homework you should pass.

• Advertisement

lisar816 wrote: »
    The thoughts of my maths exam tomorrow (integration), and the worst thing is i have no idea what way the paper will look..

He put up sample papers though....

Advertisement