Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion? 2!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

aaabbbb wrote: »
    I JUST HAVE AN IMAGE OF HIM DANCING ON TOP OF a chair like a leprechaun in the middle of the RDS squealing like a pig with glee :pac:

I make more of a 'quacking' sound when this excited.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,941 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

GarIT wrote: »
    We also had a guy that refuses to have his picture taken without sunglasses.

So...a Bono impersonator? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭marko93

Have an exam tomorrow, had this morning to prepare, didn't. Now I'm getting ready to go to work.. Only saving grace is it's at 3:30 tomorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭longhalloween

Quick question. Is Maynooth busy over the Summer?

I'm thinking of moving down in the next few weeks and I was half expecting a rush of cheapish (<€70 pw) rooms for rent around this time. So far very few have gone up on Daft and the megathread here?

Am I just wrong in my assumptions or should be looking somewhere else?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Today at 1pm martin grehan lost the election, with Darragh Fitzpatrick taking the final seat. I owe that man a pint.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭aaabbbb

Quick question. Is Maynooth busy over the Summer?

I'm thinking of moving down in the next few weeks and I was half expecting a rush of cheapish (<€70 pw) rooms for rent around this time. So far very few have gone up on Daft and the megathread here?

Am I just wrong in my assumptions or should be looking somewhere else?

Place is pretty much a ghost town over summer you should be able to get a house for around €200 pm over summer in some cases

For some reason they don't tend to get advertised that much in my experience and are let more by word of mouth or summer housing list etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

aaabbbb wrote: »
    I'm disappointed ThWip locked the summer job thread, it was heating up nicely and my popcorn had just finished in the microwave when he locked it.

Not a happy camper, what am I supposed to laugh at while eating my popcorn now =(

Who is this ThWip?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭jubella

^ Not really the same sound but couldn't help but be reminded of this

jubella wrote: »
    ^ Not really the same sound but couldn't help but be reminded of this

You're my favourite kind of person (outside of the customers that brought me free cake today)

Thwip! wrote: »
    Who is this ThWip?

Spell check was having none of your lack of capital letters....:pac:

• Advertisement

thwiplogo1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Just so people know: I and others aren't normally dickish enough to be happy about someone else losing, but all the lies / slander / dick moves / abuse / cyberbullying / attention seeking / breaking stuff / undoing others hard work to draw attention to himself that Martin Grehan did in the last few years was _so_ he could win the election. And we are delighted that being a complete tool, it turns out, does not in fact yield a reward.

Edit: I was going to list it all. but there's honestly *just too much* to list. Also this way it spares our hardworking mods a lot of grief :pac:

MAY WE ALL SPARE A THOUGHT FOR MOD XXMCRBABYXX WHO HAS SUFFERED THROUGH THE CROWDS OF ONE DIRECTION

sorrow-and-despair.jpg

BUT LET US REJOICE WITH THIS

• Registered Users Posts: 18,140 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Kidpocalypse is what I would class the last three days on the indirect train between Connolly and Drumcondra. Scary MILFS dressed trashier than their kids too was quite overwhelming.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭TheGoldenAges

Kidpocalypse is what I would class the last three days on the indirect train between Connolly and Drumcondra. Scary MILFS dressed trashier than their kids too was quite overwhelming.

Yeah I was genuinely shocked at how young their fanbase is, like I knew it was around the preteens, but like I saw countless 6, 7 & 8 year olds there. It's funny the parents don't seem to care about the content of their songs...

But mostly I felt sorry for the numerous Dads who had to go and looked rather gloom on the train :pac:

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

So. Much. Pain.

This is why I'm glad I don't commute by train. :pac:

This is why I'm glad I don't commute by train. :pac:

I was driving and I had to drop into the city centre on my way home that day an OH MY LORD !! IT WAS A NIGHTMARE !!

Stupid guard made me drive the completely wrong way home too and divert into Glasnevin 'cos they'd reduced the traffic down to one lane in Drumcondra :mad:

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

You weren't even there guys. You don't understand!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

Last exam in two days. This is clearly the perfect time to clean my entire house and spend hours online looking for new book shelves and a desk.

• Advertisement

**** YES I'M FINISHED!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭marko93

**** YES I'M FINISHED!!! :D

3816957-2187278647-tumbl.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭DylanII

Hey Guys,

I had to leave an exam due to being physically unable to sit the exam, I was taken to the medical centre and they kept me there for a few hours and gave me a certificate to say that I couldnt sit the exam.

Now the problem is that I was already planning on repeating my three worse exams in August in order to improve my grade. Will they allow me to repeat my worst three as normal and then do the one I missed as they seen what happened to me and I have a medical cert?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭longhalloween

DylanII wrote: »
    Hey Guys,

I'd say you'll do everything at the same time.

If you failed your 3 bad exams, then I don't know if you can get a mark higher than 40% on a repeat. I though repeats were just pass/fail exams.

Regarding the one you missed due to illness, you'll just sit the repeat paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,624 ✭✭✭TheBody

DylanII wrote: »
    Hey Guys,

I had to leave an exam due to being physically unable to sit the exam, I was taken to the medical centre and they kept me there for a few hours and gave me a certificate to say that I couldnt sit the exam.

Now the problem is that I was already planning on repeating my three worse exams in August in order to improve my grade. Will they allow me to repeat my worst three as normal and then do the one I missed as they seen what happened to me and I have a medical cert?

The best thing is to either drop in or call the exams office. They will be in the best position to give you a definitive answer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭DylanII

I'd say you'll do everything at the same time.

If you failed your 3 bad exams, then I don't know if you can get a mark higher than 40% on a repeat. I though repeats were just pass/fail exams.

Regarding the one you missed due to illness, you'll just sit the repeat paper.

In final year you can repeat up to three the improve your grade.

Ive emailed the exams office, but I was just hoping that someone might already know the answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

I would assume that if you're going to repeat four exams, no matter the excuse, then your degree will unfortunately only be a pass degree, not an honours one. But when the exams office get back to you, will you let us know?

I have an exam at 9:30 in the morning even if I sit it I will fail as I am up to my gills in fear and anxiety, I already have to re(submit for first time) all four continuous assessment assignments, two from first semester and two from second, I also have to do three exams again, two from first and the one I sat last week and failed, I have serious issues with essays and am beginning to think I am not cut out to be a student, I had to completely withdraw from one of my subjects and will now have to comeback and do that again, both semesters.

So theoretically tomorrow after my exam and when I receive my results in a few weeks I will have 0 credits and will have to do four assignments to do over the summer and four exams to repeat in August, it has been a disaster of a year, I am terrified of further ruining my reputation with the department by going in and making a substandard attempt at the exam tomorrow morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭How so Joe

I have an exam at 9:30 in the morning even if I sit it I will fail as I am up to my gills in fear and anxiety, I already have to re(submit for first time) all four continuous assessment assignments, two from first semester and two from second, I also have to do three exams again, two from first and the one I sat last week and failed, I have serious issues with essays and am beginning to think I am not cut out to be a student, I had to completely withdraw from one of my subjects and will now have to comeback and do that again, both semesters.

So theoretically tomorrow after my exam and when I receive my results in a few weeks I will have 0 credits and will have to do four assignments to do over the summer and four exams to repeat in August, it has been a disaster of a year, I am terrified of further ruining my reputation with the department by going in and making a substandard attempt at the exam tomorrow morning.
    You lose nothing by attempting the exam - if you don't sit it you'll definitely get a zero but if you do then you stand at least a chance. Repeating it won't cost you anything, as anything more than four exams is a capped cost, and if nothing else, it will give you an idea of the paper structure and timing issues. I doubt your department will look harshly on you, they probably know you're struggling already, and will probably look more kindly on you if you at least try.
    It's up to yourself, of course, but I would sit the exam - you've got nothing to lose.

• Advertisement

Don't think they will charge me to submit the continuous assessments, this will make it four exams I am repeating, I am scared but I suppose seeing as I am in St Pats and the exam is in the long corridor I should at least try but honestly I am damned if I do and damned if I don't.

Advertisement