Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion? 2!!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

How so Joe wrote: »
    MCRxxxxxxxxx, I just noticed your new descriptor. Nice

I thought you'd like it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭TheGoldenAges

I'm already bored.... Can college start again?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭aaabbbb

I went out for food last night said I'd be back around 10....Strolled in the door at 8am this morning. I feel broken !

• Registered Users Posts: 18,140 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

When are the results due to be posted out?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

When are the results due to be posted out?

I've heard through the grapevine around the 26th/27th? Non-confirmed though and could be a load of shíte

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Oscars Well.

99% sure it's the 27th, they're normally available online the day before

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

I found it somewhere under current students on the NUIM site, it's the 27th.

I might refrain from checking online and wait for the letter the next morning, I can never fully believe I passed a year without seeing it in print

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

Yep, seems to be the 27th. But as said above, usually out online the day before.

https://www.nuim.ie/exams/information-students/release-examination-results-0

There's instructions on that site for new people on how to check your results online:
    https://www.nuim.ie/sites/default/files/assets/document/How%20to%20Access%20Web%20Results.docx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

Last night was the first night I vomited because of drink. I feel like you all should know

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Pedro K

Hi folks!

I'm a mature student and need to get a letter from the college stating that my exams finished when they did, for social welfare purposes.

I've e-mailed the registrar because that's my best bet as to who I'd need to contact, but does anyone on here know if I'm right, or should I be going elsewhere?

I would've thought you had to go to the Records office, where you first registered and got your ID card. But I don't know about these things.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Pedro K

mickstupp wrote: »
    I would've thought you had to go to the Records office, where you first registered and got your ID card. But I don't know about these things.

E-mailed the records office, got a reply fairly sharp and they're sending the letter out.

Thanks for your help.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 waveforms

Has anyone had an interview with an external examiner before? If so, what kind of questions do they ask? I have an interview with the external examiner in the biology department this week and I was wondering what it involves.

anyone know what date in september undegrads formally resume study?

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭MyNameIsMethos

On their website, they say that the clubs/societies fair will be on the second Wednesday back&say it's the 4th October if I remember correctly, so the week of the 17th is undergrad go-time.

anyone know what date in september undegrads formally resume study?
    22nd of September. The week before that is for first year orientation.

22nd of September. The week before that is for first year orientation.

When will registration open then ?

(I need to find my pot of gold incase the grant doesn't come through this year)

aaabbbb wrote: »
    When will registration open then ?

(I need to find my pot of gold incase the grant doesn't come through this year)
    Registration for first years starts the week before classes. Dunno about returning 2nd and 3rd years... But they're online.

I'm sure there's a list of the actual dates somewhere... but ever since they updated the nuim website I have no idea where anything is. Seems like I've to press fifteen times as many links to find the same bloody info. Stupid un-user-friendly piece of utter crap web design.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭littleblackDRS

Today, I started my final year project :o this enthusiasm will have worn out long before September though! :pac:

• Advertisement

Today, I started my final year project :o this enthusiasm will have worn out long before September though! :pac:

:eek: :eek: :eek:

i'm still trying to work out if I even wanna bother looking for a facial memory task or just stick with the spatial and locomotor navigation tasks ugh i don't wanna do anything ever tnx

:eek: :eek: :eek:

i'm still trying to work out if I even wanna bother looking for a facial memory task or just stick with the spatial and locomotor navigation tasks ugh i don't wanna do anything ever tnx

Haha, I have the skeleton for my intro done :p that's what's great about mine, just "here you go, circadian rhythms and sensation seeking, go do the reading, we have questionnaire for you when you come back" :L

Haha, I have the skeleton for my intro done :p that's what's great about mine, just "here you go, circadian rhythms and sensation seeking, go do the reading, we have questionnaire for you when you come back" :L

I'm so beyond jealous. I can't even begin to debate what topic i'm gonna do never mind having anything written :pac: Facial Memory and Perception is what I suggested to him and he was like yep do whatever, he's almost TOO helpful. He won't say no to anything and now I have to go and look for facial recognition / memory software and I can't even begin to deal

I'm so beyond jealous. I can't even begin to debate what topic i'm gonna do never mind having anything written :pac: Facial Memory and Perception is what I suggested to him and he was like yep do whatever, he's almost TOO helpful. He won't say no to anything and now I have to go and look for facial recognition / memory software and I can't even begin to deal

I couldn't handle that at all, it'll be bad enough for the PhD! He was supposed to email us after exams, don't know if he forgot, or I'm supposed to email him, or if I've not waited long enough after exams :pac: I love my experiment, it's 2 questionnaires, that I can put on google docs, bring anywhere, and then google docs dumps it into an excel file for me :P No work for me then :P

I couldn't handle that at all, it'll be bad enough for the PhD! He was supposed to email us after exams, don't know if he forgot, or I'm supposed to email him, or if I've not waited long enough after exams :pac: I love my experiment, it's 2 questionnaires, that I can put on google docs, bring anywhere, and then google docs dumps it into an excel file for me :P No work for me then :P

sounds like bliss tbh, mine is gonna be such a last minute job I know it. I will never learn from my mistakes :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Bloody students.

Registration for first years starts the week before classes. Dunno about returning 2nd and 3rd years... But they're online.

I'm sure there's a list of the actual dates somewhere... but ever since they updated the nuim website I have no idea where anything is. Seems like I've to press fifteen times as many links to find the same bloody info. Stupid un-user-friendly piece of utter crap web design.

I don't care about the first years !

Yeah there's a list somewhere deep in nuim webspace but g'luck finding it. Apparently redesigning the website was to make it more user friendly. They did a great job with that !

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭Alt_Grrr

Somebody posted a link for the calendar a while back:
    Academic Calendar 2012-2017

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭barleybooley

waveforms wrote: »
    Has anyone had an interview with an external examiner before? If so, what kind of questions do they ask? I have an interview with the external examiner in the biology department this week and I was wondering what it involves.

Think they do it if you've a borderline grade. It's to see if you're worthy of a better grade so there'd be questions about the course. All's I know is that you won't be marked down, just up or it'll remain the same.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

so I've decided since I'm moving to a new town and I'll only know a few people, 1 under grad in my class and a few post grads I know from volunteering and back home, I need to do the whole meet new people crap. Anyone have recommendations for societies to join?

Advertisement