Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion? 2!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Stinjy

you gotta find a plug that works and go for the same tables every time.. I imagine the old library those extension cords must work otherwise the individual desks, first floor , over starbucks, the ones closest to the window all work.. spent all of last year using them :P

/cue someone who uses those particular ones throwing rocks or something at me :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Interdepartmental events. Literally impossible to organize.

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭ElvisChrist6

Anyone know if the likes of the Fees office etc is open reading week?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

Anyone know if the likes of the Fees office etc is open reading week?

The whole uni operates as normal AFAIK, the only people off are the undergrads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Oscars Well.

GarIT wrote: »

Masters students off too

• Advertisement

Masters students off too

Are the research ones not still in? Maybe I'm wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭ElvisChrist6

Great, thank you! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Oscars Well.

Are the research ones not still in? Maybe I'm wrong.

You're probably right! Taught MA's just follow the same schedule as undergrads

Great, thank you! :)

Monday is a bank holiday though so that's different.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭barleybooley

Do you like Phil Collins? I've been a big Genesis fan ever since the release of their 1980 album, Duke. Before that, I really didn't understand any of their work. Too artsy, too intellectual. It was on Duke where Phil Collins' presence became more apparent. I think Invisible Touch was the group's undisputed masterpiece. It's an epic meditation on intangibility. At the same time, it deepens and enriches the meaning of the preceding three albums. Christy, take off your robe. Listen to the brilliant ensemble playing of Banks, Collins and Rutherford. You can practically hear every nuance of every instrument. Sabrina, remove your dress. In terms of lyrical craftsmanship, the sheer songwriting, this album hits a new peak of professionalism. Sabrina, why don't you, uh, dance a little. Take the lyrics to Land of Confusion. In this song, Phil Collins addresses the problems of abusive political authority. In Too Deep is the most moving pop song of the 1980s, about monogamy and commitment. The song is extremely uplifting. Their lyrics are as positive and affirmative as anything I've heard in rock. Christy, get down on your knees so Sabrina can see your asshole. Phil Collins' solo career seems to be more commercial and therefore more satisfying, in a narrower way. Especially songs like In the Air Tonight and Against All Odds. Sabrina, don't just stare at it, eat it. But I also think Phil Collins works best within the confines of the group, than as a solo artist, and I stress the word artist. This is Sussudio, a great, great song, a personal favorite.

God, I love American Psycho.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

I'm going to post this in RnR soon but I felt y'all should know first

Today I nearly lost it with a teenage gob****e who decided it would be funny to come in with his friends and shout "NERD" and call me "F****T" etc.

It was all very funny on his part until his older sister came in to call him back...

... Guess who used to date his sister?

That guy had facial feature whiplash

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

I hope you made that fact very clear to him!

Got her number again and heading out with her next week

Thwip! wrote: »
    Got her number again and heading out with her next week

Stud

stud-muffin-she-s-out-of-my.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

B09nIdxIEAAWaGU.png

Stud

mobile-29088-1414420260-1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 360 ✭✭ConstantJoe

Does anybody know which coffee shops on campus are open this week?

I'm dying for some caffeine, but Bewley's is closed (or at least not open yet).

Does anybody know which coffee shops on campus are open this week?

I'm dying for some caffeine, but Bewley's is closed (or at least not open yet).

Starbucks will be. Bewleys and O'Briens won't. I'm not sure about Chill.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭solomafioso

Please tell me there's more than one ATM on campus!?

The only one I know of is in the corner of the Science Building.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,940 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

There's another ATM in the SU building, although the last time I checked it (about two/three weeks ago) it was out of order.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

There is one beside the SU office. It seems to be always out of service though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Starbucks will be. Bewleys and O'Briens won't. I'm not sure about Chill.

That always annoyed me. Bewleys and O'Briens make a fortune when the students are in and don't exactly offer discount prices, but out of term they close. I think it should be part of their contract to stay open all year round rather than the current model where they get to maximize profit. /rant by caffeine derived postgrad.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Toshi101

There's another ATM in the SU building, although the last time I checked it (about two/three weeks ago) it was out of order.

Ben told us at the SU council meeting that they need to build bollards in front of the doors there before it can come into use. Its to stop a vehicle ramming through and stealing the atm etc. Madness but thats security. I wouldnt expect it operational for a good while

Toshi101 wrote: »
    Ben told us at the SU council meeting that they need to build bollards in front of the doors there before it can come into use. Its to stop a vehicle ramming through and stealing the atm etc. Madness but thats security. I wouldnt expect it operational for a good while

Is there bollards in front of the other ATM?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭aaabbbb

Is there bollards in front of the other ATM?

No but its built into a building and its much harder to get a car to that part of campus

The su building is on the road directly

aaabbbb wrote: »
    No but its built into a building and its much harder to get a car to that part of campus

The su building is on the road directly

I admit that I don't actually know where the SU ATM is. I'm presuming that it's not in the building like I'm thinking?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭aaabbbb

I admit that I don't actually know where the SU ATM is. I'm presuming that it's not in the building like I'm thinking?

Its past chill under the stairs beside the su office

Its built into the stairs kinda....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

It's beside the entrance to chill

Advertisement