Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion? 2!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Stinjy

thelad95 wrote: »
    None of the computers in the library working today. When I tried to log on it said ''there is no server available at the moment to log you in''. WTF??

This used to happen to me on the computers outside the bean bag room... i found once someone left youd get on but it is a pain in the ass!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Stinjy wrote: »
    This used to happen to me on the computers outside the bean bag room... i found once someone left youd get on but it is a pain in the ass!

This happened with the computers on the 1st floor. I suppose the place was jammers so I can understand the servers were under pressure but it was really frustrating!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,940 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

For some reason Eduroam was acting up for me from around 4:20ish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

Off-campus access still doesn't work for me...

EDIT: Seems to have worked just now. Left it sitting on the login page for a while and it eventually connected.

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭Alt_Grrr

mickstupp wrote: »
    No notice about network / login problems on the computer centre page... or is that me expecting too much?

I got an email about it on Friday.
    Dear Colleagues,

We plan to upgrade a central infrastructure service on Monday 3 November, 5pm -> 7pm.
    This essential upgrade is to facilitate performance improvements.

Some IT services will be impacted during this time, including:

* Copy & Print Service.
    * Logons to computers during this outage period.

Not Impacted

* Persons already logged on will remain unaffected.
    * Access to wireless and Moodle will be unaffected.

The Computer Centre regrets any inconvenience caused by this disruption.

They have a special mailing list for these called cc-notices, you have to sign up for it. I guess they should have mentioned it on the all student list.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭aaabbbb

Alt_Grrr wrote: »
    I got an email about it on Friday.

They have a special mailing list for these called cc-notices, you have to sign up for it. I guess they should have mentioned it on the all student list.

This would have been a time where the use of the all student list was actually apropriate for once....!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭solomafioso

This is more directed at banquo, and those doing web design!

(weebl and bob voice) *how handy*

http://thenextweb.com/dd/2014/11/05/adobe-launches-brackets-v1-0-open-source-text-editor-web-designers/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

I love the name!

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Boeing777

What's the idea or purpose of those wooden frames being newly erected in the arts block?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

Boeing777 wrote: »
    What's the idea or purpose of those wooden frames being newly erected in the arts block?

Apparently other than to restrict the flow of traffic in an area that already isn't wide enough it's for insulation. Were getting doors next :/

• Advertisement

Is there any plans to upgrade the Arts building? It seems to be the only building on North Campus they haven't bothered modernising.

thelad95 wrote: »
    Is there any plans to upgrade the Arts building? It seems to be the only building on North Campus they haven't bothered modernising.

There's a joke in there somewhere....no....not coming to me.

The Arts building feels outdated though. I wish they would at least replace those green couches with new ones. I swear Ebola originated from those couches.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭aaabbbb

GarIT wrote: »
    Apparently other than to restrict the flow of traffic in an area that already isn't wide enough it's for insulation. Were getting doors next :/

Arts block is already super hot as it is, they really dont need to make it hotter !

Those doors are gonna be a h&s hazard with everyone pushing through them its narrow enough as it is !

Those couches are the news ones! They started looking like that approximately seventeen hours after being installed. Because students. Get new couches and it is literally guaranteed they'll look ten years old and disgusting within a week.

Granted, the students that make stuff terrible are probably the same ones that somehow manage to get poo all the way up the back of the toilet seat, flood the jacks and don't know how to use taps and soap properly...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭barleybooley

Any of the gamers here wanna advise me whether xbox one or PS4 is better?

Atari Jaguar

vkNzbpG.png

Couldn't say which is better... but I can say I haven't had a second of regret after buying a PS4. I've heard that technically it's more powerful hardware, so in the long run it's probably better future-proofed.

I'm more interested in the exclusives for the PS4 than the Xbox, that's what convinced me. Might be worth you taking a look at some of the forthcoming games for each console, see what exclusives you want more for whatever console.

Or, as mentioned above... http://www.ebay.com/itm/Atari-Jaguar-CD-Black-Console-Excellent-Condition-CIB-and-Tested-NTSC-/151464748041?pt=Video_Games&hash=item234400a409

+1 for what mickstupp said.

Reasons why I'd pick up a P!sspoor over an X-bone.

Superior hardware.
    Better range of games (Playstation Plus for older games).
    Silent Hills.
    No gimmicks (cof kinect cof).
    Better decisions (cof kinect cof :pac:).
    Silent Hills. :pac:
    Even though the X-bone has a better controller, the ps4's is a lot more comfortable than the older dual shocks.

It's personal preference really. I think it's idiotic for people to get in to "my console is better than yours" matches.

• Advertisement

banquo wrote: »
    Half-Life 3 confirmed.

GabeN be praised.

NO.....STEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAM. STAAAAAAHP!

steam-summer-sale.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭JellyBeans92

Does anyone know if there's a bus run from Maynooth to Cork (Friday/Sunday service) so as you don't have to go to Dublin to get the train/bus?
    :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭barleybooley

Atari Jaguar it is! Cheers folks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,940 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Speaking of Steam, there was a 80% discount for Worms games over the last day. I picked up Worms Clan Wars for €4.59, but the offer ends at 6pm today.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,137 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Argos have been doing a deal each week on consoles, not that great this week so wait until Wednesday and check or wait until the end of the month for the BRACK FRIDAY BUNDLEA

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

banquo wrote: »

I use this clip to end arguments all the time , its perfect

I know! I can't believe I haven't seen it used more often. Particularly in our Internet lifestyle.

• Advertisement

lknhuhA.jpg

Advertisement