Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion? 2!!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Oscars Well.

thelad95 wrote: »
    Most lecturers just use the Moodle page for this. I've logged in to my Uni e-mail about 5 times since September and it's always just full of crap to be honest. It is handy for contacting lecturers I suppose but I've only had to contact one lecturer so far, I used my normal e-mail address and just put my name and student number at the end and they were happy to reply.

Some insist you use you college email
    As for moodle, that's great for class wide messages, but not for individual messages.
    Plus some departments/lecturers don't use moodle at all, particularly the History dept.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

As for moodle, that's great for class wide messages, but not for individual messages.
    Plus some departments/lecturers don't use moodle at all, particularly the History dept.

Wow they're really living in the past :pac:

Wow they're really living in the past :pac:

If I got €1 for every time I've heard that..... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Toshi101

I got shortchanged at the starbucks in the library today but I didn't want to make a fuss because it was 8.30. Thats the extent of my day

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Why not just use my own e-mail for this?

Say it to the head of the Computer Centre. Then tell him Rob sent you and run out, laughing and jeering.

• Advertisement

I recall people joking that they didn't really believe in the Internet. Not that they didn't believe in it as a tool for productivity. I mean they literally didn't believe in it, the same way you might not believe in Santa Claus.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

banquo wrote: »
    I recall people joking that they didn't really believe in the Internet. Not that they didn't believe in it as a tool for productivity. I mean they literally didn't believe in it, the same way you might not believe in Santa Claus.

How could you not believe in Santa?!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,624 ✭✭✭TheBody

Eating a packet of Tayto Smokey Bacon here. Haven't had a packet in years. Damn tasty!

Fz6ryi1.png
    it-begins.gif

just past two of the security team at one of the entrances sitting on a wall on tinder. Working hard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭barleybooley

Toshi101 wrote: »
    just past two of the security team at one of the entrances sitting on a wall on tinder. Working hard.

Heh heh heh not in this cold :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

I've dodgy knees and a bad back and I could easily outrun a bunch of those security guards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Swan Curry

Stone cold sober at midday and one security guard wouldn't let me into the apartments. A few hours later, I stumbled past five of them into the same apartment. Guess they had the strict ones out early.

I thought the security were great though, they were friendly and helpful any time I spoke to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Westeros

It is eerily quiet around campus today, a lot of sore heads I would imagine :P

• Registered Users Posts: 10,771 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

How was last night? Any issues? As amazed with the amount of security around yesterday. Town looks clean this morning though!

worst part about getting up to volunteer to clean the streets at 7.45 in the morning? Not being around for the photo and not being tagged as absent in it. All I want is some damn recognition!! :P

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    How was last night? Any issues? As amazed with the amount of security around yesterday. Town looks clean this morning though!

Loads of people blocked Main St singing the Yaya-Kolo Toure song for about an hour. I don't think that can be put down to Xmas day. That trick is as old as the town itself.

So they decide to send out an e-mail about making sure your belongings are safe before you leave at 20 to 4 on the last day of the term when the vast majority of students have probably already gone home...

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

So they decide to send out an e-mail about making sure your belongings are safe before you leave at 20 to 4 on the last day of the term when the vast majority of students have probably already gone home...

I thought that too lol
    Like I guess its common sense really, but why bother send it then as opposed to Thursday..

Welcome to Maynooth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,624 ✭✭✭TheBody

Happy Christmas everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

That time of year again :(:(:(

Is there any plans to change exams to before Christmas? I don't see the point starting the year so late (pretty much October), then having a mid-term break after what 4 weeks of the term? Is there a reason the college starts so late?

The next couple of weeks will be murderous and I couldn't enjoy Christmas with the exams hanging over me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

Is there any plans to change exams to before Christmas?
    I, for one, certainly hope not.

I need this amount of time to feel like I'm going to do my best in exams. It's awful having just a week between the end of classes and start of exams in summer. Way too much stress. Much prefer it like this.

Though I may be in a minority.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭CSSE09

Look on the bright side some colleges wait until the summer to do both semesters exams.

CSSE09 wrote: »
    Look on the bright side some colleges wait until the summer to do both semesters exams.

I think only Trinity do that.

I think only Trinity do that.

I think either Cork or Galway just changed over from doing it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,940 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

I honestly can't make head or tail of CS258. The exam papers are like reading the most turgid of John Waters' rants.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

The SU last year went on a big push to move the exams before Christmas. They ran a poll on the Freshers Facebook group which largely supported moving the exams. They didn't bother asking anyone else. They then presented the findings to the University Authorities who basically didn't accept them because it was such a small sample and it wasn't representative of the whole student body. So there is no plans in the future to change the date of exams.

I much prefer starting exams after Christmas. Having one week to study everything is far too much pressure.

• Advertisement

Kiwi_knock wrote: »
    The SU last year went on a big push to move the exams before Christmas. They ran a poll on the Freshers Facebook group which largely supported moving the exams. They didn't bother asking anyone else. They then presented the findings to the University Authorities who basically didn't accept them because it was such a small sample and it wasn't representative of the whole student body. So there is no plans in the future to change the date of exams.

I much prefer starting exams after Christmas. Having one week to study everything is far too much pressure.

Did they? I heard nothing about that!

Advertisement