Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion? 2!!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Did they? I heard nothing about that!

I remember the poll on the group page last year (I was a fresher obviously!) and it was obvious what we thought/wanted but I never heard anything after.. This poll was probably 12 months ago.

It was a strange method really, thought they'd have an actual "in college vote" or something

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

I've often gotten the annoying impression that the SU assumes everyone is on Facebook and so don't bother themselves to announce things by other means. Certainly would've made sense asking people who were in other years, and had actually gone through a heap of exams what their opinion was.

I'd be so pissed if that had passed on that poll alone. Is it just me or has the SU gone from bad to worse lately?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

I'd be so pissed if that had passed on that poll alone. Is it just me or has the SU gone from bad to worse lately?

As a fresher, I feel they could do more for us than just telling us how much craic Freshers week is and how boring lectures are.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,940 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

I haven't stopped regretting that time I went to a protest about fees at the beginning of my second year. I spent the rest of that year catching up with the rest of the class.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭barleybooley

Wide awake. Boyfriend snoring loudly. Chances of quality sleep rapidly approaching 0. Panic over next semester rising. Sunday nights are always trolling the sh1t out of me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭barleybooley

Some say it all started with a man in a dress singing to the masses and urging them to "get down on Friday".

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Toshi101

anyone know what time the starbucks in the library closes at today?

Toshi101 wrote: »
    anyone know what time the starbucks in the library closes at today?

8 p.m

Toshi101 wrote: »
    8 p.m

Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭How so Joe

banquo wrote: »

Or it was... In 2011!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Oh yeah. This was in my Google News feed today! This isn't news!

banquo wrote: »
    Oh yeah. This was in my Google News feed today! This isn't news!

Fact-checking. Banquo has no need of it.

FIERCE cramming going on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Just a few trivial questions. Do you have to sign in before an exam? Can you leave early?

• Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭Lara_15

Lol exams, h8 dat

Don't have to sign in, unless that's a new rule. You leave your ID on the desk and they come around and check it, make sure you are who you are, maybe look inside your pencil case or whatever.

Think if it's a 2 or 3 hour exam, you can leave after the first hour.
    If it's a 90 minute exam, you're not allowed leave.

thelad95 wrote: »
    Just a few trivial questions. Do you have to sign in before an exam? Can you leave early?

No, they'll check your student card during the exam, you don't have to sign in beforehand.
    You can leave early if the exam is two hours or more - after the first half hour, iirc, but it's a few years since I was doing exams, so I'm open to correction on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

The only thing you have to do is check your seat number beforehand, that will be on a sheet outside the exam hall. You can't leave a 45, 60 or 90 min exam early. For 2 and 3 hour exams, you can leave after the 1st hour but can't leave in the last 20 mins.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭JellyBeans92

Does anyone know when the timetables for the semester 2 exams will be published? I know I'm getting ahead of myself here, just I've an invitation to a celebration abroad towards the end of May and need to RSVP, book flights etc.
    :pac:

Does anyone know when the timetables for the semester 2 exams will be published? I know I'm getting ahead of myself here, just I've an invitation to a celebration abroad towards the end of May and need to RSVP, book flights etc.

It's not usually until April I think is it?
    I'm going to a concert myself on the 28th and I'm praying I don't have a half 3 exam that day.. Especially as I think many of my exams next semester are 3 hours :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,940 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

I honestly can't find anything on the NUIM website about bus timetables for the exams. It's pretty tempting to just get a bus to Dublin and a train out to Maynooth just so I'm not paying the usual wanker whose bus I take. He's an absolute prick to deal with.

They start on May 15th and run for two weeks. If you book anything for the end of May, before you see the timetable, I think you're probably asking for the universe to slap you across the head.

Of course, I'm not recommending this... but there's always the repeats in August. It'll cost you, though.
    I honestly can't find anything on the NUIM website about bus timetables for the exams. It's pretty tempting to just get a bus to Dublin and a train out to Maynooth just so I'm not paying the usual wanker whose bus I take. He's an absolute prick to deal with.
    That's what I have to do, adds an hour onto the journey each way. Pain in the head.

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/at-least-four-women-killed-in-collision-near-athy-co-kildare-1.2057166

Tragic doesnt begin to cover it...
    Thoughts are with their familys and friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Westeros

deise_girl wrote: »
    http://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/at-least-four-women-killed-in-collision-near-athy-co-kildare-1.2057166

Tragic doesnt begin to cover it...
    Thoughts are with their familys and friends.

Awful awful news! And to think I'm stressing over exams. Thoughts with all their family and friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,624 ✭✭✭TheBody

They said on Today FM this morning that the girls were students from Maynooth University.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

TheBody wrote: »
    They said on Today FM this morning that the girls were students from Maynooth University.

The Gardaí haven't released the identities yet so I doubt it, or at least I doubt it has been confirmed.

GarIT wrote: »
    The Gardaí haven't released the identities yet so I doubt it, or at least I doubt it has been confirmed.

A few of the papers were calling last night that the 5 of them were on their way back to Maynooth University.
    The SU president has mentioned on the FB pages that the HQ would be open for people needing to talk, so unless they've been told?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Please, a number of families and friends of these women are grieving.
    Let's not speculate on any possible causes of the accident. The Garda investigation will deal with that.

I myself went to a college that suffered a similar loss of life the year before I started. Its effect was felt in the college for years. R.I.P.

Advertisement